The online racing simulator
Black Screen on startup. Top left corner slightly visible.
This has been happening for over a year now with all of the new updates the problem comes back.

I reinstall it fresh and it works fine. Go to download the new updates automatically and during the download my screen goes black. Restart LFS and then it's black forever. Sometimes the error says something about path update, sometimes it says could not set up FF steer device. I am retrieving the messages by pressing T, then up arrow and then ctrl + C.

I think it also might be doing it after I unlock S2. I really am not sure. Sometimes the game works fine for for weeks at 60fps. other itmes it is permanently black! I have tried turning off anti-aliasing through CFG. I have tried turning off V-sync. I have tried deleting CFg and letting it restart itself. Nothing works.

Please help!

EDIT:

After screwing with it over and over I found something that sets it off. If I delete card_cfg and cfg then restart LFS it (obivously) makes me reset my driver settings etc but it will work until the screen is swapped from windowed to fullscreen. OR even if I just accidentally hit maximize/minimize while its windowed. Then I have to delete CFG and card_cfg again just to get the screen viewable again
This might be a problem with your graphics card drivers. A driver might be corrupted. Try redownloading the drivers for your GPU.
hello, I'm also with this problem, my screen is black by total, only the only difference is if I move the mouse depending on the place it seems to click and the noise (as if it were with the normal screen and enter something) help
#4 - lucaf

Black Screen on startup. Top left corner slightly visible.
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG