The online racing simulator
Rev gear for MRT
(11 posts, started )

Poll : Should LFS version of MRT have rev gear or not?

Closed since :
REV GEAR NOT NEEDED
YES REV GEAR FOR MRT
#1 - lucaf
Rev gear for MRT
I wish rev gear in MRT. And you?
it is like having reverse gear on a motorbike ... weird isn't it
MRT never had reverse gear in real life
#4 - BeNoM
No.
I suggest to have alternative MRT which does have reverse gear though, but I think creation will be fictional, but based from rl car
Better have an exclusive feature (kinda redundant to say it as it is the only car without reverse on LFS) on the MRT where you press a key and the car rolls backwards slowly. Like the driver jumps out and starts pushing it, but without the animation.

But at the same time it makes up for a challenge. One corner misjudging or turning too wide and you are out Uhmm more like a 50-50.
#7 - lucaf
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Better have an exclusive feature (kinda redundant to say it as it is the only car without reverse on LFS) on the MRT where you press a key and the car rolls backwards slowly. Like the driver jumps out and starts pushing it, but without the animation.

I like this idea! +1
Like Ghutra said, basically in new FSAE engines there is a reverse crawler gear (never hits more than 3-5kph), which allows small short reverse actions.
If devs do want to fit a reverse on the MRT, this is the way to go.
This is only on some FSAE teams though, and I never witnessed one in action.

But then again, do we really need it? Or is it just exclusively to some people? Rofl
For as new car, yes! for as old car, no!

I strongly dislike usually having changes and modifications for content we already have, except if there is a really good reason, then I do not mind at all. Same thing happens with other software too, not only LFS.

So, I suggest to keep MRT5 as it is now, having new MRT would be nice one, which actually presents reverse gear Tongue
I would like personally like to see a new kind of MRT. Since more and more Formula Student teams switch to electric driven cars with a lot of aero, it would be neat to get an evolution of the MRT. Also with electric engines it is very possible to drive in reverse.
Maybe MRT5 to have the standard 2005 FSAE engine and transmission, and maybe a new MRT10 used in today's new generation American FSAE series(es), which WOULD contain a reverse or at least a back crawler gear, similar to the 2016 spec FSAEs.

Also with the MRT10 I would love to see the new aero packages seen on today's competitive FSAE cars - would make "kart racing" more close and similar to Superkart racing.

Cheers

Rev gear for MRT
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG