The online racing simulator
Dedi server
(14 posts, started )
Dedi server
Hello,
So i wanted to run a server, i read the whole hosting guide and set everything up. I can connect to my server with localhost but not from the internet, it doesn't even show the server in LFS server list. When i try to join it through join specific server, it throws me Connection timed out and in server cmd it tells me Guest wants to join. I tried it with friend too, but it shows him connection timed out too.
Any help appreciated!
You probably haven't portforwarded it yet (allow the port through your router and out to the wild!)

What is Port Forwarding?
I actually did it, i tried to forward the 29339 too, every port is allowed in firewall too
Make sure you use the server port, not the insim port. If it's the right port and you still have the problem, feel free to PM me and i will try to help you! Smile
Still far no solution, so if someone comes with something, i'd be very happy Smile
must be forwarding problem.

please post setup.cfg and some screens router setup forwarding
Included log file. The row when it tells Guest wants to join, is when i tried to connect from internet.

EDIT: Yes, i have checked my local ip adress.
Attached files
Stuff.rar - 79.3 KB - 200 views
Looks okay to me I see insim port not right but thats not the reason why u can't connect.

Maybe reboot router Shrug

Edit or completly disable firewall server just to check
I have this insim since i use same PC to lfs and the server.
I have already tried everything you mentioned above, still nothing.
Quote from RipstiE :I have this insim since i use same PC to lfs and the server.
I have already tried everything you mentioned above, still nothing.

Insim isn't the same in config and router but that isn't the problem u facing
scan your own network to see if port 63329 is really open;
http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/

your external IP is already filled out, you only need to enter 63329.

If the result is x.x.x.x isn't responding on port 63329 (). then something is wrong with your network or internet provider
Have you solved it? I have exactly the same problem...
Unfortunately i haven't. My provider and router supports port forwarding, but still has no response on these ports.
Ok. Taking a look at your configs, everything looks correct, but I wanna give you some important points, specially if you are using a routed connection:

- First, double check about Firewalls. Try to disable Anti-Virus, Windows Firewall and any other protection program to test. Most commom problem on home servers is a firewall blocking packets;

- Second, check the network assigned IP to the computer you are trying to run the Dedi Server. To do, open CMD (Start > Run > CMD) and then type "/ipconfig" and check your IPV4 IP. Some routers, like my own, changes the assigned IP from time to time and in your case, it may changed the IP from .12 to something else, but the port forwarding still sending connections to .12.

- Third, as Cargame.nl suggested, use a port scanner to check if the ports are opened. I use the same as Cargame suggested: http://www.t1shopper.com/tools/port-scan/

- Forth, double check with your internet provider if they allow TCP and UDP port forwading. Maybe they just allow just one of the protocols.

If after doing all steps above you still with the problem, consider renting a server.

Dedi server
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG