The online racing simulator
Looking for the Simracing side of LFS...

Throwing back to 2011 and Morand's first outing in FSR.

Now to the question..
Is there a hardcore racing community in LFS?
Been around S2 for a couple weeks and I'm pretty sure LFS is missing the "racing" aspect, and I'm not sure for how long.
Seen small leagues, drift events, endurance races and fun leagues, but I have never seen a dedicated league to pure division-ed >single class< racing here. Sure, you have FOX Friday and AB Leagues, but those are rotation/friendlies (hey no offense haha Tongue)
(yes, cityliga is exception..)

Not sure what it will take to develop a strong simracing community here but I'm sure trying.
http://apexonlineracing.com/co ... r-speed-discussion.18142/
Slow at the pick-up rate since LFS has so little publicity, that no one has heard of it... that's the second problem I suppose.

Feel free to develop on this topic below, maybe one day an organised league will actually find foot here.

Cheers!

The reward is in the passion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvWFeXADgY
AA™| AOR Nova
get a time machine
Quote :I have never seen a dedicated league to pure racing here.

ok.
I'm aware of CityLiga.
That's a dedicated league, yes
Sad that it's closing... which leaves the question : What next?
Rotation championships are not what I mean, though

It's closing due to... lack of drivers... diminishing community? Or people moving to other sims?
I do not understand wha "dedicated" league means while others are "rotation/friendlies"?
For example I would say FM FoxFriday is more 'dedicated' than CL because CL uses various cars while FM is dedicated to one car. (races are longer too = needs more 'dedication' to finish)
Need more details, because if I say a word "racing"... racing of what? racing of getting lai...ummm... racing of having to catch cats?

What he possibly tries to mean with dedication, I think it is simply 1 car, 1 track... Period. No excuses... right?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Need more details, because if I say a word "racing"... racing of what? racing of getting lai...ummm... racing of having to catch cats?

What he possibly tries to mean with dedication, I think it is simply 1 car, 1 track... Period. No excuses... right?

A league that will host seperate class championships, meaning if it's BF1 - it's strictly BF1. Then FO8 championship seperately. Not Race 1 : TBO Race 2 : FBM Race 3 : BF1
And a tiering system for drivers too, to rise up the ranks.

At the moment from where I see it's either open class, per-race mixed class, or friendly championships.

Not sure if you get what I mean...?
Quote from MicroSpecV :A league that will host seperate class championships, meaning if it's BF1 - it's strictly BF1. Then FO8 championship seperately. Not Race 1 : TBO Race 2 : FBM Race 3 : BF1
And a tiering system for drivers too, to rise up the ranks.

At the moment from where I see it's either open class, per-race mixed class, or friendly championships.

Not sure if you get what I mean...?

I got it exactly... The only solution is to get time machine...

...OR when new tire physics with content is released ^^.

There used to be several racing leagues and series with that, seems to be they are nearly all gone, sadly.
Trying to get the game noticed over at AOR (Apex Online Racing) community, if they do pick it up it might get things rolling.

(If anyone still doesn't know what I'm on about, I'm talking about very well organised administrated events, tiering, ranking, leagues ectra. Would definitely throw in some much needed reshuffling of racers, and provide somewhere to start at.)
e.g
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/pages/results/

Hoping to see LFS as a category there soon Shrug
Quote from MicroSpecV :Trying to get the game noticed over at AOR (Apex Online Racing) community, if they do pick it up it might get things rolling.

(If anyone still doesn't know what I'm on about, I'm talking about very well organised administrated events, tiering, ranking, leagues ectra. Would definitely throw in some much needed reshuffling of racers, and provide somewhere to start at.)
e.g
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/pages/results/

Hoping to see LFS as a category there soon Shrug

There have been rumors about several guys from lfs community, including me, was planning to make some kind of ladder stuff to create one step ahead to bigger series. This is how GT4 league was born, it was held only once, but due being inexperienced running a league and testing cars properly, it was a bit chaotic at first to balance cars out. And it was painful as there is no way to see if racers are using downforces to bigger cars against XFR/UFR which happens to have no downforces, the balancing whole thing was absolutely hard.

It is still not enough good, but at least it is working perfectly on certain tracks. Waiting to see an option to prevent using downforces either via insim or just hardcoded thing, which makes balancing even more easier.

But, I still do not know why it never got lift off to actually make a one. Maybe there was problem of mutual understanding and making the whole ladder thing balanced as well. Also another high-likely issue was the ladders itself. Everything should had need to change a bit. Not enough time/people to arrange it, so it got buried... like the series and leagues itself.

3rd thing is lack of racers and people... for now

Looking for the Simracing side of LFS...
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG