The online racing simulator
Tire physics flaws
(50 posts, started )
Give me RWD or give me death. Thumbs up

Yinz have fun with your hot hatch, I'll be over here all by myself in the FO8 and LX6.
Quote from BeNoM :Don't worry about him, he's salty about anything and everything.

It's better if you just ignore him, I for one am very excited for this "boring" car. Will be a blast on cruise servers and it's good to know we're still getting new content in a game so old Smile

XF GTR 230 BHP - FWD and with slicks
UF GTR 180 BHP - FWD and with slicks

Oh yes, I am so looking forward to a 200 BHP FWD on road tyres, be still my beating heart.......

Now, as I said and you clearly didn't try reading, new tyre physics - AWESOME.

EDIT: Re-Read, cruise servers, you really want a new car to cruise with............

Well, clearly you don't want to drive a race car then, try the UF1, it's designed for cruise servers.

200BHP is far to much power for Cruise Servers.

"Some say it is an icon reborn. Others, that it is Volkswagen shamelessly pillaging its back catalogue. A couple even postulate it is simply a Golf GTI in a little black dress."

http://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/volkswagen/scirocco

"All but base ‘Rocs get VW’s excellent adaptive chassis control, which has three settings and adjusts throttle response, steering and damping. And it works a treat. You still get the same VW driving vibe – sure-footedness, accurate steering, plenty of grip – but it’s basically 25 per cent better than the GTI. Little body roll and crisp turn-in make this a proper driver’s tool, without actually making you look like one."

So, given the level of electronics, 'Adaptive chassis control' that 'has three settings', my question is this, how is this to be modeled in LFS ?
Yes, an awkward question but still, if you want to model a 'Real World Car' then this electronic stuff is a part of all cars now. PHUQ, even bikes have traction control, ignition maps, etc all available as a handlebar selection.

Tyre physics seem a bit old school when you have multiple suspension, drive train, engine choices available on the ECM.
Your dumb comments always make me laugh. Not sure if satire or mental retardation, but your comments are funny as hell.
Cool, awesome opinion. Smile

Next time, try to add to the conversation.....
(Or, like, even read my post and answer my points. Thumbs up)
Oh, your comment was actually serious? Oh god...

Ok;

1. Your comments are negative towards other people because you can't handle people aren't excited for a 1,000HP Twin Turbo RWD racing car. That's just pathetic, it's not our fault we're excited about a plain road car.

2. As I've already stated, most people are excited more about the idea then the car itself. It's exciting and legitimately cool knowing we're getting new content in a game so old and it's the first time we're getting a new car in years.

3. "200BHP is far to much power for Cruise Servers." Is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, it's a perfect amount. You're saying everyone in the real world should just buy a Toyota Corolla because we don't need the speed/luxury for every day driving from something like a BMW or Mercedes? Top kek m8

3.1 Cruise servers aren't for 'cruising', they're there for RPG elements/real world environments. There's people who speed, there's cop chases, there's street races, there's 'stunters', e.t.c. all people who would benefit from this car.

3.2 You've stated previously that 200HP isn't a lot of power, so now you're just contradicting yourself.

3.3 I'd love for you to message the [TC] CityDriving admins and tell them they should remove the FZ5, XRT, FXO, RB4, XFR and UFR because they're "too powerful".

4. Not everyone wants some stupidly fast car, an average-powered road car is extremely fun with the right tune and on the right layout. Point proven with all the current road-cars in LFS.

P.S. Going to be waiting for another one of your pointless comments about how triggered you are that they're adding a normal road car. Smile
Let me tell ya...

It is easier to make calculations separately for each suspension working in every situation than creating tire physics due in fact human itself did not create physics...

"So, given the level of electronics, 'Adaptive chassis control' that 'has three settings', my question is this, how is this to be modeled in LFS ?
Yes, an awkward question but still, if you want to model a 'Real World Car' then this electronic stuff is a part of all cars now. PHUQ, even bikes have traction control, ignition maps, etc all available as a handlebar selection." <--- That is created by human
Quote from BeNoM :Oh, your comment was actually serious? Oh god...

Ok;

1. Your comments are negative towards other people because you can't handle people aren't excited for a 1,000HP Twin Turbo RWD racing car. That's just pathetic, it's not our fault we're excited about a plain road car.

Umm, the Sirocco is now 1000bhp RWD ?????

Yes, I really take your posts so seriously.......

How can anyone disagree with your grasp on reality. Fap

Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Let me tell ya...

It is easier to make calculations separately for each suspension working in every situation than creating tire physics due in fact human itself did not create physics...

"So, given the level of electronics, 'Adaptive chassis control' that 'has three settings', my question is this, how is this to be modeled in LFS ?
Yes, an awkward question but still, if you want to model a 'Real World Car' then this electronic stuff is a part of all cars now. PHUQ, even bikes have traction control, ignition maps, etc all available as a handlebar selection." <--- That is created by human

Yes, that is my point, tyre physics is VERY hard to get right in a sim, actually, impossible. All that can be created is an illusion of 'feels right' and now you need to add electronic real world 'feels right' to a sim virtual tyre physics of electronic 'feels right' handling .......
1. I misworded that part.

2. Ignoring every other point I made to convince yourself that you're correct, how childish.

You're too pathetic for me to even bother arguing with anymore, have a nice day Smile
So let's get rid of 99% of LFS' playerbase, ehh?

Fine, let's get rid of drifting, stunting and cruising and have just 'racing'.

Bye bye every LFS player ever Smile

What you're saying makes no sense and you're just coming up with dumb and dumber stuff to convince yourself that you're right.

Look, I get it. You don't like being wrong, that's fine. But when it comes to the point of saying silly things just to keep the arguing longer, it just gets stupid.

P.S. City Driving's physics suck and the car sounds are awful. GTA V costs way too much (still around $70 here) so no thanks.

P.P.S. I'm done here, nothing more to say since the argument is over.
99% of the player base? Have you seen the sign ups to CityLiga, did you see the amount of people on B2r the last few days? Many more people than your drift servers, and getting close to [TC]'s average amount of players... You also can't decide the argument is over unless you have admitted you have lost... Uhmm .

As for the Scirroco being boring, no one can say until they have driven it.... It could be very very fun or horrific, how do we know? "It will be a blast on cruise servers" How the hell do you know? Have you been given the beta tester rank and have got early access? I assume not as you don't have the moderator tag... (Not saying the moderator tag makes you a beta tester, i have no idea.)
It's only a boring car if it doesn't allow close racing... Wink
"The reason road cars ARE front wheel drive is because it is lighter, therefore better fuel economy, and they have fewer moving parts in the drive train, giving them better reliability, and a lower failure rate.
Race cars aren't in it for economy, and reliability is a non-issue because they are nearly re-built after every race."

But no one stated you can't use road for having a race. That's why we are getting Scirocco, 200bhp and Front Wheel Drive.

There is a lot RWD cars. Maybe exotic fictional, with extreme body shape and chassis with FR/MR/RR layout would do the trick...

Not mentioning 4WD's... or even more Tongue

But now... now we just wait guys! let's wait a bit extra time Smile
LFS needs more real lyf cars, otherwise it just seems meh.
Quote from MousemanLV :LFS needs more real lyf cars, otherwise it just seems meh.

Conclusion: without real life cars, everyone's like 'meh'.
It just is. See what other sims offer. It also seems like UAE and Turkish players are invading the whole LFS ;DDd
Off topic and distasteful thread hijack.
imo it's better to have fictitious cars - it prevents people from constantly bringing up the same old boring comparisons with other sims.

It also means that the playability of the sim takes precedence over how realistic the physics are. It's not a mechanical simulator, it's not a tyre simulator, It's a racing simulator. LFS, as it is right now without the new tyre physics, is a beautifully playable game.

I don't really care that the VWS wasn't working. Personally, I would have dumped it on the spot and spent all of that newly available time creating more tracks, cars and game-modes...
I just wondered Scawen, how different does dirt feel in the new tyre physics? I'm not asking for details, I'm just wondering is the change in dirt driving similar to the change on asphalt? I remember Eric using the word "visceral feel", can the same be applied to dirt?
Quote from Shirtkicker :imo it's better to have fictitious cars - it prevents people from constantly bringing up the same old boring comparisons with other sims.

It also means that the playability of the sim takes precedence over how realistic the physics are. It's not a mechanical simulator, it's not a tyre simulator, It's a racing simulator. LFS, as it is right now without the new tyre physics, is a beautifully playable game.

I don't really care that the VWS wasn't working. Personally, I would have dumped it on the spot and spent all of that newly available time creating more tracks, cars and game-modes...

Agreed.
I've never bought in to the real-life cars in sims thing either.

I guess I don't play/drive in the digital world to "pretend" that I am doing it in real life, and I am constantly aware that it's all just pixels. I enjoy it for what it is as I do other games.

That being said, to me you don't need real cars to get the physics right, but the better the physics are the better the experience is. The more natural things feel and the more convincingly they move the more enjoyable and interesting the sim is, to me.
Since I have never driven any of those supercars, let alone a F1 car, it's makes no difference to me anyway. From an experience point of view the FZ50 is a real as a <insert fancy car here>.
Quote from MousemanLV :It just is. See what other sims offer. It also seems like UAE and Turkish players are invading the whole LFS ;DDd

elvys pls lfs is best
Real cars bring the advantage to have something concrete to compare (about performances, display, sounds, etc ... ), and have some epic drives. For example, run AC with some supercars AI, and clearly having Porsche's, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's and whatever else it proposes going mad on tracks is a total beauty (ok, there are much stuffs not so good in AC of course).
But on the principle, I agree, I do not care about having licensed contents. Having a good physics on the other hand is a must, and LFS ones has some very bad flaws in it, that makes the drive not so pleasant as it could (will) be.

Quote from Sobis :I just wondered Scawen, how different does dirt feel in the new tyre physics? I'm not asking for details, I'm just wondering is the change in dirt driving similar to the change on asphalt? I remember Eric using the word "visceral feel", can the same be applied to dirt?

Something close to RBR for dirt Thumbs up

... is this flaw too? Smile

Tire physics flaws
(50 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG