The online racing simulator
Release Date - Scirocco vs Half-Life 3
(47 posts, closed, started )
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :and rallypack! Tongue

It should have it's own track with multiple rally / rallycross configuration in S3 ! Big grin

Scawen, I don't know how car licensing exactly works, but if you wanted to update the Sirocco to the 2016 model, is licensing still valid? Have you considered it? (design wise it doesn't look like nothing anymore, and performance is nearly the same (+20 bhp on the 2.0 liters)
Needs to rename the sirroco to the chick car that won't die.
Quote from nacim :It should have it's own track with multiple rally / rallycross configuration in S3 ! Big grin

Scawen, I don't know how car licensing exactly works, but if you wanted to update the Sirocco to the 2016 model, is licensing still valid? Have you considered it? (design wise it doesn't look like nothing anymore, and performance is nearly the same (+20 bhp on the 2.0 liters)

I still suggest to keep it as original though.
Quote from Eclipsed :Why do so many care about the Scirocco? It's not really the most fun car to race anyway. When it gets released,it will be driven for 2 weeks intensively (oh,wooaaaw,new car,awsum),then it will be partially forgotten. I bet it will never get between top half of the most used cars in LFS.

Because it's a new car to drive in LFS, the first time in years. LFS rarely ever gets new content and a IRL street car (which would be amazing for cruise servers and street-level racer servers) is exciting.

It's not the car itself we're excited about, it's the fact we're getting new content.
Quote from Scawen :Yeah, it should be nice to drive. Only with the current tyre physics, we had to use unrealistic setups to make the car handle well. That's the good thing, it showed up flaws in the tyre physics. The bad thing is it ended up taking years to develop the new tyre physics, and I took some wrong turns during that development. Also changed lifestyle in various ways during that time, LFS went through a quiet period.

Anyway it seems to me we are back on track, working hard on new things and LFS is having a gradual resurgence which will be helped by further developments we are working on and ones we aren't even working on yet.

I guess that is to be expected when you are trying to develop some complex physical model of what these black stuff called tyres are doing without having any data or any opportunity to gather some.

If I'm honest, I'm one of these guys to have really enjoyed LFS, I arrived pretty much before the Scirocco was announced - right before CTRA closing - and enjoyed playing this game for years until I got involved in real active life after uni.

Now that I have quite an interesting role into motorsport, I got to know the complexity of vehicle dynamics and tyres especially and know too much how things are hard when you don't have the right info so honestly big congratz to you for keeping it up! I'm really looking forward that new tyre model and hope it will bring some action back in this game.,
Quote from Skytrill :snip. Another thing was supposed to be implemented when the tire physics were first discussed: realistic setups limitations. That got me just as much hyped as the physics itself.
.snip

Really? That'll be so much more realistic and make racing more skill based wooo Rofl
Quote from Scawen :I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Big grin

Well, it's not specifically the car, it's the fact that you stopped almost everything because of that car. "We" can't move on if someone says all the time "yes but first; tire physics". If it ever would be released it's a milestone not because of this car but all the other stuff which is worth attention and then actually having potential to receive this attention.
Quote from Scawen :I was discussing with Geraldine... we reckon when the Scirocco comes out there will be all these posts like "WTF, it's just a medium powered FWD! Why have the devs been hyping this up for all these years?". Big grin

You sir, are a class act. Smile
In an interview with Gabe Newell, Geoff Keighley asked the developer if fans would eventually see the release of a third installment to the iconic title.

Newell then replied by saying that the only reason for Valve to ever go back and develop on a classic product is if a handful of their team suddenly decides that they want to do it with a reasonable explanation of doing so.

The Scirocco on the other hand................
(And thanks Scrawen for the reply Smile)
Half a VW confirmed!

Attached images
broken-r.jpg

new unlocker has maked http://lfsmultibrasil.net/forum/
Yea they consider it's better to donate them every month to keep cracked servers running for a month instead of making a once-paid donation to the developers to keep official servers running forever.

Because they are poor!
F*ck logic!
Quote from R@fiXII :Yea they consider it's better to donate them every month to keep cracked servers running for a month instead of making a once-paid donation to the developers to keep official servers running forever.

Because they are poor!
F*ck logic!

Frown
Quote from joaoadao :new unlocker has maked http://lfsmultibrasil.net/forum/

Wow.. Even credits are included:

Quote :Gostaríamos de anunciar o fim da primeira fase de desenvolvimento do BRLok e início da segunda. Existe muita coisa ainda pra fazer, mas já estamos encaminhados ao ponto de permitir o teste beta do sistema. Gostaria de agradecer aos seguintes membros pela ajuda, pelas horas sem dormir, pelo trabalho do qualidade realizado, por muitas vezes deixar de fazer algo com a família pra desenvolver algo que nem sabíamos se daria certo e por tudo:

- Renan Martins (Programação PHP/MySQL)

- Rogers Guedes (Programação Master Server)

- Lucas Leite Soares (Logo BRLok)

That feeling, when you are so bad programmer, that all you can do is to crack somebody's else game... and then you put your name out as if you achieved something... LOL. Big grin
Because they are actively soliciting donations, surely that means the LFS devs can legitimately sue for loss of income?
Quote from Shirtkicker :Because they are actively soliciting donations, surely that means the LFS devs can legitimately sue for loss of income?

Yep...
but.. why they are doing this?

Well, there is still legal guys in both licensed and demo, and some people who have dragged there but who have escaped to bright side.

I won't comment any further, there is a risk I would get annoyed and getting another fraction point to my account. You can however conclude my opinions.
Hey Scawen, do you have a job for me?
Quote from oladraodecc :Hey Scawen, do you have a job for me?

Driven distance: 0 Km

Quick question, why do you have an account here if you've never played LFS before?
Quote from BeNoM :Driven distance: 0 Km

Quick question, why do you have an account here if you've never played LFS before?

Spam scams..? Bot? no idea...
This thread is closed

Release Date - Scirocco vs Half-Life 3
(47 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG