The online racing simulator
Quote from pik_d :What do you mean "-[BC]- central"? Are a lot of you (all of you?) in the same location? Does that mean it wasn't the server having an issue?

From our other two teams '-[BC]- Slowriders' and '-[BC]- Not Fast But Fabulous' some driver race with us here in our '-[BC]-central'.

We have several bad lucks to survive. At the beginning a power failure, yes like this:

Quote from Gutholz :probally like this.. -BC- Central inside:

and two connection timeouts from cable. Really bad, for us and even our teammates here. Bad for our support, even the trackertool. But so on, Server runs well (if there is enough power Big grin)

Have fun for the last four hours Wave
it's about 3-4 hours left, what's the order at the moment? Stream doesn't really show it Rofl
Look at tracker and LFS-remote. Order is hard to say because it still rotates with the pitstops. In tracker you can click the teams to see when they did last stops. (most teams drive bit over an hour between stops)

NZG vs WCL is very close now with same times since last stop
I'm very sorry for hitting [WCL] P.Kolvunen from track. I totally missed the break-point in front of the right turn. Even full brake didn't help anymore.
My concentration seems to be on lowest level at this time...
Klaus .. no problem .. set +2 laps for us Wink
apologies to WCL for hit to the back, didn't expect such an early braking point to t1
J.A.Katila says "competition situation" Big grin
Just left the car for the final time and I thought: "Well let's ramble about the race."

I first jumped into the car in our 3rd overall stint. I had done a couple of warm up laps before and had felt relaxed and ready, but driving the car on the Grid server was a different thing. My arms felt stiff all of the sudden and I was pretty nervous on my first laps. As slowest driver on the line-up my goal was to drive somewhat constant, to keep the car on the black stuff and to avoid the barriers left and right. It somehow worked out. It was by far not the most flawless stint in history, but I was able to tick the boxes next to my goals. Only the whole schmozzle with the tracker was distracting at times.
My second stint started from pitlane as we had a major engine damaged and were in need of a fresh car. The stint was faster then the previous one. We amanded our strategy and I was getting a 9 hour break.
The next morning, the car had had some trouble during the night so my stint was slightly belated. A few chaotic warm-up laps on the other server later and back in the car it felt great. Basically the stint went by in an instant. Mensa would take the car and give it to me afterwards again.
The fourth stint: I was confident from the stints before, but it started already badly when I spun the car. But worse was about to happen: My wake-up alarm started, so far away from my rig I couldn't turn it off while driving. After 3 or 4 laps, my concentration succumbed to the sound and I ended up in the infamous orange armco pockets. The car was a total loss and I had to restart the stint from pitlane, loosing two laps from this. I was angry on myself and pushed the new car very hard. I had a pretty digital stint: I was either too eager to repair some of the damage I made, leading into mistakes costing time, or pushing the car within my limits ultimately leading to a PB on the penultimate lap.

Since I interpret the text between the lines as "this is the last DoP", I want to say thank you for organising these events. I enjoyed the DoP races I competed in very much. It is a pity the race did not draw decent crowds but then again, what did in the last couple of years? Smile

After 24h and 774 laps (!) at Westhill International Rev. Whow!
Congratulation to podium:

1. Last Lap Motorsports
2. [TC] Racing & Friends
3. Absolute Beginners Racing 2

That was pretty amazing, just the last 1,5 hours and the fight for 2nd, 3rd place with 'eXtrem Racing' and 'HoR', too.

Thx for participation and Keep Racing!
Huge congrats to every team who finished and completed this insanely long race! It was great to follow the race through the various streams and the tracker. Hope to see you again in the future! Smile
Congrats LLM! Stream was a slight bore (hey, 24 hours, what do you expect Smile ) haha.

Crowds wern't high, with 3 hours left I saw 7 people on the stream, but again, its the racing that counts and I hope to participate this time in the next similar event.

Cheers
Congratulations to the podium and all the other team. Thanks to the Burnoutcrew for the event. Was very happy to be back again. This time with finish.
The battles were already very exciting and that to the end.

DoP2017 ist Geschichte, eXtrem Racing verpasst knapp das Treppchen.
Am 22.01.17 Sonntag Vormittag um 11:13 endete das Langstreckenrennen nach harten 24 Stunden.
Last Lap Motorsports Gewinnt das DoP Event, [TC] Racing & Friends schafft es auf Platz 2 und Absolute Beginners Racing 2 macht das Treppchen voll.

Das Burnoutcrew Desire of Patience Tour 2017 Langstreckenrennen.

Unser Bericht lesen:
http://ex-r.de/index.php?site=articles&action=show&articlesID=30
Thanks for organising and grats to LLM.

The last couple of hours were really enjoyable to drive. I'm quite surprised that we managed to get back to 2nd place from 6th after all of our time-outs early on!
enjoyable indeed and quite glad that we managed to win after a couple of big mistakes by meBig grin luckily Vytas slaved through a triple stint in the night at the hardest time and his pace was probably the reason why we won. anyways grats to all who managed to finish and let's hope this wasn't the last 24h race in LFS

Drivers DoP lobby
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG