The online racing simulator
Another few more InSim suggestions to be improved.
Limit/Detect Aerodynamics ( Wings ):

This does not be shown for others, but should be a one of implements for InSim. This is kinda indirectly involved to limit car setups, but instead of limiting it completely, just having few parts from there of here, regardless of any. This is the thing which would be used

Ofc, there can be other things to detect, but that is one what comes in first place.

More accurate m/s

As having added functional speed traps, it seems it is not accurate. This is due what I have understands, it shows whole digits of your speed in InSim, but it won't be enough accurate when you multiply by 3,6 to show km/h. This could be probably fixes by having decimals to show on m/s, which in case then would show more accurate kph on speed traps, unless certain circumstances it is possible already, or in certain reasons not possible due the physical limits, or any.

Unless I have forgotten something... Yeah, lol
Another few ideas, from what I gather from constant Demo racing.

Smoother car ping (?)
Often, we'll get a player with horrible ping, springing about left and right when he steers. Further worse if he's tapping on keyboard. Going side-by-side is near impossible, and following him would be absolutely off-putting. Yes, if you're experienced enough you'll realise smooth, non-jaggy steering inputs will decrease the wildness of the car. But most steer less-smoothly, and it causes issues mostly mid-corner.
Suggestion, is that the way the car reacts to steering be more smooth. Especially for people with 350+ ms Ping. For example, when the user is tapping, make his movements more gradual. Like the car slides to the "ghost" position of the tapping, instead of just flicking left right, left right. Similar to Codemaster's F1 2013-14 presentation.

Aero (similar to what Unknown said)
Basically, for FBM racing, we use slightly unrealistic setups. (i.e extremely tail-light/happy, ability to powerslide into corners to "gain time" which wouldn't be possible in real life.)
In GTi racing, especially in XRG, its further exaggerated, by handbraking/sliding into Turn 1, and basically throwing the car in to get a faster time. Yes, it develops skill taken to handle and do such a lap, but, I doubt you'd be able to setup a car like that in real, and let alone drive it like that :lol:
Suggestion is to, hm, make the setups limited or "realistic"?
Not sure if anyone get's what I'm saying, but when you compare it to other sims where a change of a setup won't make the car handle magically well, let alone drastically changing how the car handles.
Would mean a total revamp of the leaderboards, so this is just a wild suggestion.

Cheers!
But remember, handbrake either is used or NOT used, it is pretty awkward to use handbrake, which would work like 50%... and I do not want to use a handbrake which works badly or not at all.

However, because LFS is very friendly software, how about having additional slider to handbrakes which detects how much you can use, which can be detected to value.

But this is not many gonna use it much, or if it is used, likely used on custom (un)official cars, which I have found out people have started to actually use those cars, regardless of mean. Even on cruise servers!
Quote from MicroSpecV :for FBM racing, we use slightly unrealistic setups. (i.e extremely tail-light/happy, ability to powerslide into corners to "gain time" which wouldn't be possible in real life.)
In GTi racing, especially in XRG, its further exaggerated, by handbraking/sliding into Turn 1, and basically throwing the car in to get a faster time.

If I understand correctly,this is due current tyre physics - under slip they have more grip then they should have. I suppose this will change when the new physics version is ready.
Quote from Eclipsed :If I understand correctly,this is due current tyre physics - under slip they have more grip then they should have. I suppose this will change when the new physics version is ready.

Then the solution is concrete slab! little slip and you are gone, but that is kinda "wrong" way
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :But remember, handbrake either is used or NOT used, it is pretty awkward to use handbrake, which would work like 50%... and I do not want to use a handbrake which works badly or not at all.

However, because LFS is very friendly software, how about having additional slider to handbrakes which detects how much you can use, which can be detected to value.

But this is not many gonna use it much, or if it is used, likely used on custom (un)official cars, which I have found out people have started to actually use those cars, regardless of mean. Even on cruise servers!

Hm, in GTi handbrake is abused a lot and like Eclipsed said, due to the wonkey tire physics (?). Being a simracer I find it awkward using HB to angle the car into a corner. Figured out how to trail-brake (yes, with a mouse!) and been using it since.

Oh, and yes, another idea! Which I think is pretty needed..?

Key to adjust brakebias
In a racing scenario, you adjust your bias to suit corners. Currently, you set one and it's a stretch/hassle to do F11 (as I have to press fn and the Bias key, and my fingers can't stretch).
Suggestion is to add the option to specify 2 keys to raise or lower bias (especially for FBM, not realistic for GTi) on the move, so you can actively adjust when overtaking, braking. Just a small thing, though!

p.s In order to go through turn 1 quicker in the FBM I had to trail brake, as said, by putting the bias preset to 66-64% to slide the rear out gradually. Which again, unrealistic, and is basically just a handbrake-type thing..
Quote from MicroSpecV :Hm, in GTi handbrake is abused a lot and like Eclipsed said, due to the wonkey tire physics (?). Being a simracer I find it awkward using HB to angle the car into a corner. Figured out how to trail-brake (yes, with a mouse!) and been using it since.

Key to adjust brakebias
In a racing scenario, you adjust your bias to suit corners. Currently, you set one and it's a stretch/hassle to do F11 (as I have to press fn and the Bias key, and my fingers can't stretch).
Suggestion is to add the option to specify 2 keys to raise or lower bias (especially for FBM, not realistic for GTi) on the move, so you can actively adjust when overtaking, braking. Just a small thing, though!

p.s In order to go through turn 1 quicker in the FBM I had to trail brake, as said, by putting the bias preset to 66-64% to slide the rear out gradually. Which again, unrealistic, and is basically just a handbrake-type thing..

... hmmmmmm ok, I got it. I do not know, I do not think if updated tyre physics would change that anyway ( that abusement ), feels like method is similar to button clutch
Quote from MicroSpecV :Hm, in GTi handbrake is abused a lot and like Eclipsed said, due to the wonkey tire physics (?). Being a simracer I find it awkward using HB to angle the car into a corner. Figured out how to trail-brake (yes, with a mouse!) and been using it since.

Key to adjust brakebias

i can do this with arrow keys (pad buttons mapped to them) when i'm not in F11 view (i'm certain it works in F9)
Right = BB front, Left = BB rear

edit: from memory, up and down cycle between brake bias and anti roll bars, i can test this when i get back home from work
Hm, I shall try mapping again, thanks!

Another few more InSim suggestions to be improved.
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG