The online racing simulator
Increase grid in demo.
(24 posts, started )
Increase grid in demo.
Hello i think of would be beeter increase grid in demo to 20 or 32 ? Big grin Whats are yours opinion ?
Tough question: I give 0 because I would have no idea.
Nah, Demo is fine with 12-15 grid. That's why its Demo after all, rite?.

Otherwise they'd be fully filled with multi-accounting brazilians, turks, latvians and lithuanians crashing/tweaking. Pretty much what you saw with these cracked servers showing up on Master Server (Reptile Clan servers for example) and LFSP. Sadly this is the reality of Demo, good players are hidden between these ppl who only come to ruin the fun on the servers. No news someone comes to crash on FBM/GTi Racing servers (MRc, AMG) almost every day. If it wasn't for a few servers, I'd rather play offline with AI.

Registration should be restricted some way, so you can only make like 2 accounts max per person, instead of creating 30 accounts on the same person, to start off.
#4 - Abone
You want more slots to driving with your friends? buy it for your friends, we have slots enough on S2/S3 and we want more players online.
that was stupid topic ever, Pereulok down, LFS price down and now you come here saying need more slots for demo/crack users.

Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Nah, Demo is fine with 12-15 grid. That's why its Demo after all, rite?.

Otherwise they'd be fully filled with multi-accounting brazilians, turks, latvians and lithuanians crashing/tweaking. Pretty much what you saw with these cracked servers showing up on Master Server (Reptile Clan servers for example) and LFSP. Sadly this is the reality of Demo, good players are hidden between these ppl who only come to ruin the fun on the servers. No news someone comes to crash on FBM/GTi Racing servers (MRc, AMG) almost every day. If it wasn't for a few servers, I'd rather play offline with AI.

Registration should be restricted some way, so you can only make like 2 accounts max per person, instead of creating 30 accounts on the same person, to start off.

The best coment from demo user i see so far. i agree with you, thats why i buy s2, here you can learn something with old players and having fun because this retard drivers allready are banned.

cheers
#5 - BeNoM
Want larger grid? Buy the game.

Seriously...
12£ (for S1) should't be too much to pay if you want larger grid... plus you get three new track enviroments and 5 new cars to drive with. Even more with S2.

Honestly...
#8 - lucaf
what about a grid license of £1 each grid pos Smile)
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :Nah, Demo is fine with 12-15 grid. That's why its Demo after all, rite?.

ol' ghutra, you'll nailed this one yet again. Demo slots are fine as it is. Basically,

The servers fill up. Anyone tweaks, gets banned or kicked, and somewhere along the road an actual racer will fill his spot. This occurs until the full 12 gridspots are of racers of some sort. If you increase the slots, the tweakers, hackers and people not belonging to a race server will still remain, but with more chances of staying in longer - process of elimination, sort of speak, takes longer.

If you want more slots, get a licence. Getting a licence will deter the noobiest of players from crashing, since no one would spend 12 of their pounds on S1 just to behave like a drunkard.

Nuffsaid.
Quote from Abone :dem quotes

Quote from MicroSpecV :dem quotes

Thanks first of all!!.

I've been in Demo for almost 7 years (mekhon was my first account -had to leave it because a tweaker were chasing me to every server I went to crash me with ghost mod, so thats why I have created this account, and forgot the password-, and this one the last one and the new main) and have enjoyed LFS every day I played it, which is one of the very little games I've played so many years, being GTA SA, L4D1 and L4D2 the other games I played the most. Even without Internet I end up giving me ideas to have fun offline with AIs, like make them use a roll-over setup or just an slow setup so I can drift-pass them, or just crash the AI 'coz bored. Or just do some laps around Rallycross, or try 2 wheels with the XFG on the car park, or discover "bugs" using XRG wheelie setup to reach hidden places. Or try hotlapping.
Even with Demo, there are many ways to have fun even offline and just having 3 cars and 1 track.
MRc was the server I visited the most, being the Drift and FBM servers. I rarely visit other servers like the DUB drift server, as I'm mostly on the MRc FBM server or LCS Cruise Server. Its just a matter to go online, be nice to people and you will get advices, setups, etc etc and you end up having fun and meeting people. But of course, Internet would be nothing if trolls didn't exist...
It is true that LFS doesn't get many updates, as it is not easy to update it like it was just adding a number, adding features and ignore the bugs. Devs really take their times to update it, and polish any bug a new feature -tyre physics for example- may generate, or track bugs where an square is missing on the middle and you fall off, or you touch a barrier and you get ejected to the Moon, and etc etc. And thats something people should really appreciate and also support the game by buying a License (of course, if you have access to a credit card/PayPal -I have no access to both of them, despite of being 21-) and obviously if the player feels its worth, or just report bugs, or suggest new things, even if they dont get introduced onto the game. Even little things can make a big difference.
I guess that's quite an easy thing to understand that from a business point of view that would not really make any sense unfortunately.

And about the demo, that's how it is but I guess we pretty much all learnt there really avoiding noobs even "in the good old days" when XRT was still a demo car.
I think it's a good idea.
Quote from pasibrzuch :I suggested this kind of more slots:

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/88638

your idea was really nice in my opinion. i dont know nothing about insim codes and stuff like that, but you give me other idea.In demo servers like Tofu, amg gti,etc... if everyone exit pit and stop car in few seconds server put "x or y" guys spectating, i thinking to me, why not "x or y" driver are kicked by stays afk more that 5,10 or 15 min, and this afk time ( tolerated time) be chose by host?
i think that can be perfect + your idea, but that also dependes of host.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Why would licensed racers go on demo servers? It's a trollfest.

Because we care and want to help new players, My intro to LFS back in the whenever was thanks to a long since gone racer who encouraged, shared setups, and supported newbs to become better racers.

I still visit Aussi demo servers to try to do the same.

(OMG, what a w@#* that sounded like....)

Still, help learners as that grows the racing base Smile
and most of the times racing is pretty decent
If I were licenced I would ocassionally return to Demo servers just to race with my old friends and also just to enjoy the surprises a Demo server throws!
Helping the newer users also gains you style points Smile

The reward is in the passion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjvWFeXADgY
AA™| AOR Nova
Uhmmm... MicroSpecV, what's the tyre tread textures you are using? Smile

By the way - Even though I'm liced I actually spend most of the time on one demo server - as johneysvk said, racing there is pretty decent, there are many good players and we can make some reeeealy tight races there!
Ah, mister Darecki! Hoping to see you at MRc soon (tomorrow?) haha

The tire texture is included in the revolution texture pack. I think? Someone linked me to it and it made Blackwood so much more vibrant and the tires nicer Big grin

ps. didn't save the link to the revo texture pack so I don't know where to find it, sorry bro Frown

AA™| AOR Nova
Quote from MicroSpecV :If I were licenced I would ocassionally return to Demo servers just to race with my old friends and also just to enjoy the surprises a Demo server throws!
Helping the newer users also gains you style points Smile

AA™| AOR Nova

Why u and u'r friends don't go liced and start some funn there?Face -> palm

Nevermind I was on demo for years Smile just got this account when a account was needed Smile

I'm S3 and most my friends are and we all started demo can take some years but u probally end up liced Omg omg omg
S3 costs near give or take $70 where I live, and I'm still finding a wheel besides that. Extremely expensive and college starts soon, which means funds go there instead Frown

Wish I could get liced but of course it's highly improbable..

Demo racing has been filling the time for the past 3 years so I guess it's still good (?)

AA™| AOR Nova
So don't buy S3, get S1 or S2 Smile
Quote from BeNoM :So don't buy S3, get S1 or S2 Smile

Hmm, but college funding with my own part-time job and parent's with low salary don't go well... Plus I've yet to find a wheel. Frown
Don't know when I'll get the chance to get S2, might be a long way away still Smile

AA™| AOR Nova

Increase grid in demo.
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG