The online racing simulator
not played since s2 worth upgrading to s3?
as the title suggests, ive not played since s2 but i used to love the game. strayed away from racing games for years but got me a htc vive a few weeks ago and like playing project cars.
always love the custom skins and custom car tuning etc on this as well as the community.
after coming back to it i see s3 is out.
is it worth upgrading now? or play s2 for a while again to get back into it?
This
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :or play s2 for a while again to get back into it?

S3 brings just one new track for now, so wait until you really want it.
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :

Unless you love Rockingham, then no.
If Rockingham, all future S3 content and extra support for the devs is worth £12 to you right now then yes. Smile
Quote from mbutcher :If Rockingham, all future S3 content and extra support for the devs is worth £12 to you right now then yes. Smile

if you put it that way, then no
#6 - lucaf
Maybe you would like to know in advance that there is almost no S3 activity on public servers, more or less empty servers all running Rockingham tracks. Continue with S2 and if you feel the need to contribute dev team or just want to hotlap at Rockingham, buy S3 Smile
I'd recommend to wait, atm it's not really worth it.
thanks guys was just wondering if there had been any changes to physics etc in s3 but i guess not. thanks for the info
#9 - Ped7g
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :thanks guys was just wondering if there had been any changes to physics etc in s3 but i guess not. thanks for the info

Physics/VR/etc... changes in executable are for all licenses. Only "content" is limited.
Lfs is worth every single cent,
I'll wait until the new tires are ready to give a right signal directly to Scrawen and his Development path with the purchase of S3.

sorry victor i love your Tracks but i can wait for Rockingham & co a ~little~ bit longer Shrug
Quote from Xenix74 :Lfs is worth every single cent,
I'll wait until the new tires are ready to give a right signal directly to Scrawen and his Development path with the purchase of S3.

sorry victor i love your Tracks but i can wait for Rockingham & co a ~little~ bit longer Shrug

Actually, Eric is the artist, Victor is the web developper. Wink
Quote from SLIDE WAYZ :as the title suggests, ive not played since s2 but i used to love the game. strayed away from racing games for years but got me a htc vive a few weeks ago and like playing project cars.
always love the custom skins and custom car tuning etc on this as well as the community.
after coming back to it i see s3 is out.

Is this a trick question? It depends. For now, all you get is ONE track.... raceway. It's got quite a few layouts. If you think one tra - raceway is worth the money, then yeah. It's a bargain. I like the oval and the sports car layouts. If you think that it kick started the community? Yeah. Not so much. It more like kicked a body to see if it was still breathing.
Quote from nacim :Actually, Eric is the artist, Victor is the web developper. Wink

Ups, youre right Face -> palm my mistake.

Only three people and I also mix them Dead banana
Razz
Came back for like 4 days when S3 came out. Came back again last week and forgot up until I visited the forums, that S3 was even out while I've been bouncing around xfg/xrg demo racing and s2 drifting just as fine. So no. Not worth.
Rockingham is not a track to get me excited, if it was Donnington maybe.
AC is filling the hole at the moment. If LFS had a huge graphical change them I would be back and I would drag 5 or 6 others with me. The online side to this game is still far superior than other games out there.
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Rockingham is not a track to get me excited, if it was Donnington maybe.
AC is filling the hole at the moment. If LFS had a huge graphical change them I would be back and I would drag 5 or 6 others with me. The online side to this game is still far superior than other games out there.

I'd either prefer more content over graphical improvement,
Why?
Mostly because you would lose a good amount of players that don't have powerful PCs to for example, run AC or Project Cars or any other actual simulators, and thats why LFS also stands out, it literally works on every computer. LFS already had a graphical improvement several years ago and its more than enough.
IMO, More Content>Graphics
Quote from Ibtasim6781 :I'd either prefer more content over graphical improvement,
Why?
Mostly because you would lose a good amount of players that don't have powerful PCs to for example, run AC or Project Cars or any other actual simulators, and thats why LFS also stands out, it literally works on every computer. LFS already had a graphical improvement several years ago and its more than enough.
IMO, More Content>Graphics

Would the masses still be running those type of computers, S2 was released in 2005 surely most of that type of hardware would have died by now and people would have upgraded.
Legal documents need to be kept around 5 to 7 years maybe LFS could employ the same upgrade time frame.
I do agree more content would be nice but you still need to move forward with the aesthetics.
i think there might be more people than you think on that type of hardware
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Would the masses still be running those type of computers, S2 was released in 2005 surely most of that type of hardware would have died by now and people would have upgraded.
Legal documents need to be kept around 5 to 7 years maybe LFS could employ the same upgrade time frame.
I do agree more content would be nice but you still need to move forward with the aesthetics.

You wouldnt believe that there are people on LFS either demo or licensed who doesn't have a powerful PC and can barely run LFS on Westhill or Blackwood with 40 people.
Quote from johneysvk :i think there might be more people than you think on that type of hardware

We don't have real numbers for that sadly. LFS should have a analytic system that reports hardware info, to better know what the majority of the community's hardware is capable of (reporting only cpu name, gpu name, RAM quantity and OS used would give most informations).
Quote from Hotdogxx60 :Would the masses still be running those type of computers, S2 was released in 2005 surely most of that type of hardware would have died by now and people would have upgraded.

If graphics are more important to you then gameplay I feel sad for you Nod
it is a combination of both. But for sure, tracks in LFS "made recently" are very beautiful, at least it is fine with me !
I find AC having a lot more beautiful cars (loading time is impacted ^^ ), top interiors, etc ... Having such in LFS would be simply awsome, I agree !

To answer the initial question, seeing the efforts done in LFS recently by the devs, I think it is really worth the money spent (even if for now, only one environment is available). You subscribed almost 10 years ago and still play the game ... are the game developers deserving £12 more ? For me, there was no doubt. I am pretty sure I will play LFS for a very long time to come anyway whatever the other games companies will do.
Quote from BeNoM :If graphics are more important to you then gameplay I feel sad for you Nod

Gameplay will always be more important but the game also need to move with the times or you don't generate new customers. I no longer race LFS because all my friends are on AC. But I still visit the forum on a regular basis and my game is current although not S3 as mentioned Rockingham just doesn't do it for me.Thumbs up

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG