The online racing simulator
Unlocking Old Versions?
(8 posts, started )
#1 - BIzO
Unlocking Old Versions?
Hey there LFS community!

Was wondering if by any chances I could still unlock old LFS versions ? Just for nostalgic reasons Uhmm
S1: You can with LFS S1 H6.

S2: Anything from 0.5W onwards can be unlocked. Maybe earlier versions too, I am not sure.
#3 - BIzO
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :S1: You can with LFS S1 H6.

S2: Anything from 0.5W onwards can be unlocked. Maybe earlier versions too, I am not sure.

Thanks, didn't know about S1 but I tried to unlock a 0.5P version but sadly it didn't work.. Frown
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :S1: You can with LFS S1 H6.

That's S1H7 not S1H6 Tongue

Quote from BIzO :I tried to unlock a 0.5P version but sadly it didn't work.. Frown

All S2 versions older than 0.5U30 won't unlock because they use a fixed IP unlocking system (the IP is hardcoded into the LFS executable, making it impossible to unlock the older versions without decompiling the executable and changing the IP to the current master server IP), while versions that are 0.5U30 and newer use a DNS lookup system.

Quote from Scawen :If you have patch U30 or V you shouldn't need to do anything because the new versions use a DNS lookup to find the master (master.liveforspeed.net).

#5 - BeNoM
Quote from rosewood2 :That's S1H7 not S1H6 Tongue

All S2 versions older than 0.5U30 won't unlock because they use a fixed IP unlocking system (the IP is hardcoded into the LFS executable, making it impossible to unlock the older versions without decompiling the executable and changing the IP to the current master server IP), while versions that are 0.5U30 and newer use a DNS lookup system.

It would be nice if someone changed the IP on LFS 0.5F/0.5P

I would really like to try the LX8, I got it to run on Windows XP, but there was no sound Frown
What problem to do change IP?
Quote from repeat83 :What problem to do change IP?

The problem lies in the fact that you would have to decompile the LFS.exe executable of said old version to be able to unlock it (and even then it doesn't work 99% of the time Frown)
You no need decompile. Cheatengine can helps you find ip address for replace to new ip

Unlocking Old Versions?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG