The online racing simulator
[Request] Various/Random "TIME-ATTACK" Car Textures?
Hello there everyone, hope i'm posting in the right side of the forum to ask for this.
I'm actually looking for various Car textures to use on various cars of the game, i don't really care wich ones just any(i got bored from the actual ones and would like to try iconic ones like BMW GTR M3, Nissan XANAVI, ESSO Supra GT etc)
I couldn't find any list around here, so if anyone has some links can you please share ?
Thank you
P.S: No DRIFT CARS please!
Did you look in the Car Skins section of the forum?
I'm guessing you don't mean the feel, appearance, or consistency of the surface...

In which case I have to assume you're talking about the car meshes. It's called 'vob modding', and it's forbidden to discuss that subject at all on this forum.

The devs stated long ago that they would not support customisation of the in-game meshes in any way, for several reasons which I won't go into here. There are people who have gone ahead and done it anyway, and they have their own websites and forums for the purposes of discussion and support.

A word of warning - if you do go down this path, you will not be able to come here and post screenshots or videos from your game or discuss mods in any way, shape or form. Any attempt to do so will be met with a permanent ban from this forum.

A further word of warning - all of the vob mods that I've seen around are drift cars.
#5 - BeNoM
Quote from Shirtkicker :I'm guessing you don't mean the feel, appearance, or consistency of the surface...

In which case I have to assume you're talking about the car meshes. It's called 'vob modding', and it's forbidden to discuss that subject at all on this forum.

The devs stated long ago that they would not support customisation of the in-game meshes in any way, for several reasons which I won't go into here. There are people who have gone ahead and done it anyway, and they have their own websites and forums for the purposes of discussion and support.

A word of warning - if you do go down this path, you will not be able to come here and post screenshots or videos from your game or discuss mods in any way, shape or form. Any attempt to do so will be met with a permanent ban from this forum.

A further word of warning - all of the vob mods that I've seen around are drift cars.

"The devs stated long ago that they would not support customisation of the in-game meshes in any way, for several reasons which I won't go into here."
Anywhere I can find those "reasons"?

Plus 90% of vob mods aren't drift cars Wink
Probably nowhere,but I can tell you the reason number 1 - compatibility. If 2 players in server have different modifications of same model,any tiny collisions might go wild and end as a huge disaster. I recall that from older times when players were able to smuggle in with customized vob files into servers - tiny touch resulted in impact sending car out of track boundries.
I suppose reason number 2 might be licencing - officially supporting models from actual cars,protected by copyright laws,might have consequences for devs as they earn money by selling software which supports copyright protected contend. I hope you get the point. (wondering,how AC and RF are dealing with that,or maybe they also have stated that they don't support it?)
#7 - BeNoM
Quote from Eclipsed :Probably nowhere,but I can tell you the reason number 1 - compatibility. If 2 players in server have different modifications of same model,any tiny collisions might go wild and end as a huge disaster. I recall that from older times when players were able to smuggle in with customized vob files into servers - tiny touch resulted in impact sending car out of track boundries.
I suppose reason number 2 might be licencing - officially supporting models from actual cars,protected by copyright laws,might have consequences for devs as they earn money by selling software which supports copyright protected contend. I hope you get the point. (wondering,how AC and RF are dealing with that,or maybe they also have stated that they don't support it?)

They're not allowed copyrighted cars, but they're allowed to use copyrighted logos and textures of every company ever? Lol that makes no sense.

Plus .vob files don't contain collision and vehicle physics data, so people with different car mods won't have collision issues unless they're using a 10 year old version of the game.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG