The online racing simulator
DoP 24h
(48 posts, started )
DoP 24h
pls notice January 21st 2017 Smile

any good ideas?
#2 - pik_d
Maybe not as long of a track as last time, since there wasn't a full grid of teams. Perhaps something around a 90-110 second lap time would keep it more interesting.
We thought of that too Smile
Maybe Rockingham is an option to keep an eye on.

For now it would be helpful for us to get an idea how many racers are interested to join the 24h event.
#4 - jkat
From World Class Lions I can confirm at least 1 car to participate.

What comes to track choosing, I would not go for Rockingham as it would narrow the participants only to S3 license holders.
I would go for some open config environment to keep it more interesting but still S2 license holders can race.
About track - a wild idea would be to use some of the Westhill support roads for race course,would give some oldschool feeling there. Of course car choice then would be rather limited to TBO/STD or if track suits then LRF/NGT.
We will definitely not use any open config. I have no experience with endurance races and open config. So there may be issues with flags or the tracker I can't solve.
Quote from KlausAdam :We will definitely not use any open config. I have no experience with endurance races and open config. So there may be issues with flags or the tracker I can't solve.

In the past, when NDR used an open config, we experienced very few significant issues. Positions list in-game only updates at the splits, which is no big deal. I never recall any issues with the tracker we used and open configs, since it simply relied on laps and sectors, nothing else. And as far as I recall, yellow/blue flags kept working alright.
Bl2
some of rony's open config layouts have been great! you could have a look through them!
Dear Racers

International rev. / GTR only
#11 - jkat
Quote from jkat :Westhill or Rockingham ?

Probably Westhill since they already said no open configs
Yes westhill
#14 - troy
Good to see the GTR love, it may even get some of us oldies out of our hiding places. Big grin
nicely
Westhill National would be fun but maybe a touch too small for a 24hr race.
Ofcourse I would prefer Rockingham, but S3 license, so...

Will you do anything to the buggy curb turn? I don't mind it, but it is important question still Wink

I can't assure you but there is some chance that at least 1 car from Vires will participate. Also keep in mind that 2 months left, so there might be a new patch or whatever ( Uh-hu Looney )
At the moment, we don't plan any changes to the layout of the Westhill course. That may change if we encounter serious problems with the curbs but as far as I remember you can easily stay away from the buggy point. So it's at your own risk to go to far over them.

We will use the (in January) actual patch. Even if it were the one with new physics Smile
Over the years we experienced that a new patch would be released in the time of Christmas. So there would be time enough left to train, even something really relevant would be changed.
Are there any balancing with restrictions?
No, as usual in the DoP there will be no restrictions for any cars.
What about uf1 and mrt?
Big grin Big grin Big grin
Looks like a good idea... but wait, noooo
Autoclutch or any clutch? Any special regulations on that side?
Clutch will not be restricted in any way. But as button-clutch is unsportsmanlike we don't want to see the use of it in the DoP.
If it's GTR I am definitely interested to drive for someone, preferably XRR.
:-)

DoP 24h
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG