The online racing simulator
Server is now passworded and password has been sent to all eligible entrants via PM.
-
(cepackaPL) DELETED by cepackaPL
Round 5 unofficial results
Qualifying:

Race:

MPR download

If you want to make a protest,please include all neccesary information.
Template:
Quote :Session:
Lap/MPR time:
Involved drivers:
Description of incident:

Deadline for protests - monday,20:00 UTC
Thanks for running the series. It's been great fun and difficult Smile I would have raced yesterday but my pc is sketchy with Rockingham performance (need upgrade).
Round 5 official results

V8 Racing League spreadsheets

(browse for various championships and single round results)

The season finale at the Rockingham saw the usual LFS trend - attendance drop towards end of season. But still 8 racers were ready to fight for the final glory of VERL 2016. Starting from outside of front row,Altsu used polesitter's mistake early in lap one and slipped into lead,which he never gave up during the race and finished ahead of everyone else. Also 2nd place finisher stepped on podium for the first time this season - A.Rozītis finished 2nd,on his way also taking extra point for setting the fastest lap of the race. 2 mistakes cost to polesitter 2 positions - Kamikas was not able to use the advantage from pole position and finished 3rd for the 3rd time in last 3 races.

(click pictures for better resolution)

Season recap and official final standings will be posted later during this week!
VERL 2016 Final Standings

In the last saturday of august,V8 Racing League started it's 2nd season,giving the LFS racers the opportunity to compete with fastest aids free car of the sim. After 2 months and 5 racing sundays the season is over and all the champions are now known. First let's take a look at the stats. A total of 33 drivers signed up for this season,26 of them actually took part,ranging from 8 to 15 drivers gridding up for a round start. Interestingly first 3 rounds had a consistent 15 drivers attendance,while last 2 faded to 11 and 8 in season finale,making an average of almost 13 drivers per round,practically same as in season one. Season featured 4 different race winners and 3 different qualifying winners,14 drivers were able to finish in top 5 at least in one round. Luckily no penalties were given,just 2 warnings for joining the track during the race without being qualified for it. League featured a competition for a prize - upgrade voucher for best S2 licenced racer before final round,8 S2 racers signed up,6 of them took part,but only one was the lucky one to win the upgrade,while another one of them upgraded himself to take part in final round.

Just like last year,also this year there was a quite dominating leader - A.Wiśniewski was obviously the fastest in first 3 rounds,but won only 2 of them as in round 3 he went for safety and pitted for new tyres,giving up the lead. But with this performance it was enough for him to take the championship without attending last 2 rounds as his title was secured before final round due points gap to closest rival. 3 pole positions,2 wins and a 2nd place finish and 3 fastest laps are into new champion's account. Since A.Wiśniewski was not present in season one,he is also the Rookie of the Year award winner. After round 2 second in Drivers Championship standings was A.Rozītis,who kept this position for the rest of the season and finished in standing just 5 points apart from the champion. His best result was 2nd place finish in final round and he finished in top 6 in all 5 rounds. In 2nd round Altsu passed the leader and led the first lap of the race before retiring due a mistake in 2nd lap. But he came back in following rounds,finished twice 4th and won the final round to jump up to 3rd place in final standings. Last 2 positions in final standings top 5 were taken by 2 S2 racers,who both are now S3 racers - Kamikas joined VERL just in round 3,missed out the chance for a free upgrade,but he upgraded himself and finished the season by taking the lowest podium step in every single round he attended,while he started all 3 races from front row,final race even from pole position. The winner of free upgrade,Mishu,finished the season in 5th position as he did not attend in final round,he has 2 2nd place finishes under his belt. Another 2 racers worth to mention are 2 round winners,who both participated only in a single round - Sermilan won the round 3,S.Souders round 4,where she also took pole position in qualifying.

Also the Teams Championship was decided by 5 points - Vires was represented only by the 2016 champion,but his performance was enough to put his team in championship winning position. And that because also 2nd best team Sex Tourism Organizers had practically 1 racer with small help from other 2. The remaining step on teams podium was taken by World Class Lions.

Nations Cup was the competition,where the intrigue lasted until the final chequered flag of the season - Finland took over the lead after 4th round and collected plenty of points in final round to become the first returning champion of VERL. Also 2nd place is taken by the same country as in 1st season - Latvia finished 2nd again. Only 3rd place is different - Portugal,represented by the series champion,lost 2 positions during last 2 rounds,kept at least the 3rd position in final standings.

Race Green Events thanks to all racers joining V8 Racing League and we hope to race with Formula V8 again next year around same time,but there is one event left under the VERL logo - the season end event! Under unofficial conditions we will find out the most agile racer,the best slalomer and the fastest racer around the dangerous Westhill support roads tracks. Sounds interesting? Read more at following link https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/90089 and join - the event will welcome everyone,also non-VERL racers. Next Race Green Events league will start early in 2017 - All-wheel-drive Winter Series is set to return for it's 6th season,more details will be posted around late november/early december. But that's not it - the casual racing in tuesdays does not stop and everyone can join every 2nd tuesday the RTFR for some simple racing fun,while under Race unGreen Events logo another big event will take place in it's usual date - in 26th december reserve your XRGs to get smashed in the annual 'This is Crashmaaas !!!' derby event.
See you on the track!
Hmm, I think A.Wisniewski is from Poland, not from Portugal. Big grin
Thanks Rony for organizing this league and sorry I was not able to attend at more races. I specifically regret that I could not make the first two races, 'cause those two tracks just suits this brutal car.
Thanks for this awesome (as always) cup! Shame, that so few people attended, because FO8 is the most enjoyable car IMHO. Somehow almost every race felt about 5 laps too long for tyres (especially last round, when I risked with R2's), but that's the challenge!
Also shame, that I lost the title chances in SO, feels like it was reachable.
Thanks, Rony! I'm repeating myself, but this is really my kind of series and I'm very happy you put it together. On top of that, you did a very good job running it, and the race reports are always a fun read.

I'll try to make it to the season end event, and I can't wait for next season!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG