The online racing simulator
Should I buy s1 or s2?
(22 posts, started )
Should I buy s1 or s2?
I'm not sure which one to buy, I don't want to pay a big amount of money on this game, but I don't want to pay 12$ and not find any multiplayer servers with s1 cars.

I will be playing this game for amusement, not really for competitive fighting. The reason I want s2 though is to be able to play on servers with races, but the 24$ is double the amount i'm looking at.

In conclusion, i'm looking for the deal that has the most fun in it, and has the best "bang for your buck".

Thank you in advance,
Zach.

[P.S, I don't want to hear "support the developers, they deserve it!" kind of replies]
Quote :servers with s1 cars

The problem is that S2 is not only cars, but tracks too.
When race is with an S2 car OR S2 track then players need S2 license.

Got me a bit curious, so I had a look at the car/track combinations that I played in last weeks.
I looked what would have been minium license required for the recent past races. Result:
s3,s2,s2,s2,s1,s3,s2,s2,s3,s2,s2,s2,s3,s1,s3,s1,s3,s2,s2,s3,s2,s3,s2,s1,s1,s3,s2,s2,s2
(When I raced same car/track combination over several days I only wrote it down once)
From 29 car/track combinations the count was:
s1 = 5 times
s2 = 15 times
s3 = 9 times
Not super exact and will be differ between players, but maybe as rough estimate.
Twice cost but could join tripple the races, imo better per-money value.
The thing cars/tracks combinations get picked without regard whether the mix requires s1 or s2 because it is assumed most users have at least s2.
If you were only interested in drifting, S1 would suit you fine, but for racing you will probably need to get S2, as that's the minimum for most active racing servers.

There are a few S1-only servers out there, but they are almost always empty, as everyone interested in competitive multiplayer tend to keep up with the upgrades.
Quote from Gutholz :The problem is that S2 is not only cars, but tracks too.
When race is with an S2 car OR S2 track then players need S2 license.

Got me a bit curious, so I had a look at the car/track combinations that I played in last weeks.
I looked what would have been minium license required for the recent past races. Result:
s3,s2,s2,s2,s1,s3,s2,s2,s3,s2,s2,s2,s3,s1,s3,s1,s3,s2,s2,s3,s2,s3,s2,s1,s1,s3,s2,s2,s2
(When I raced same car/track combination over several days I only wrote it down once)
From 29 car/track combinations the count was:
s1 = 5 times
s2 = 15 times
s3 = 9 times
Not super exact and will be differ between players, but maybe as rough estimate.
Twice cost but could join tripple the races, imo better per-money value.
The thing cars/tracks combinations get picked without regard whether the mix requires s1 or s2 because it is assumed most users have at least s2.

Wow! Thank you for your time and effort for this! Really clear and gave me an image in my head on what to look in too. After seeing that most active servers are s3 and s2, i'm going to buy s2, Since it is, in theory, a better deal than s1. (more than double the cars and tracks)
Quote from Shirtkicker :If you were only interested in drifting, S1 would suit you fine, but for racing you will probably need to get S2, as that's the minimum for most active racing servers.

There are a few S1-only servers out there, but they are almost always empty, as everyone interested in competitive multiplayer tend to keep up with the upgrades.

As much as I love drifting / cruising, i'm not sure if s1 would suit me enough. Since most of the servers are empty, This supports my decision to buy the s2 License. Thanks a lot!
Yup, NEVERMIND!!!!

Its 24 GBP. If it would be more clear, I'd never be interested in this. Im not paying 40 DOLLARS

for 20 cars and 8 tracks. I'm going to stick with the demo. Bye
Quote from ZachRacing :Yup, NEVERMIND!!!!

Its 24 GBP. If it would be more clear, I'd never be interested in this. Im not paying 40 DOLLARS

for 20 cars and 8 tracks. I'm going to stick with the demo. Bye

How is this not clear enough???

Attached images
Screenshot_1.png
Quote from Flame CZE :How is this not clear enough???

When you have been using steam for over 3 years, you get used to having the prices already in CDN$ and not Europe currency. The currency sign in front of the price became invisible too me.
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : provocative post and even worse reply
-
(ZachRacing) DELETED by Scawen : provocative post and even worse reply
A license was around 26$cnd when I bought S3 before the holidays so it's pretty cheap now. If you like drifting I'd say get an S1 for a 20 and see how it goes.
It's not Europe currency btw; it's British Pounds.
Quote from Skytrill :A license was around 26$cnd when I bought S3 before the holidays so it's pretty cheap now. If you like drifting I'd say get an S1 for a 20 and see how it goes.
It's not Europe currency btw; it's British Pounds.

Yeah, I know it is GPB. And S1 is 25 CDN$ right now, while S3 is 61 CDN$. I don't understand what you mean by "its pretty cheap now". Cheap as in low price, or cheap as in a bad deal??

And this thread is useless now, I'm not buying anything at the moment.
I meant cheap in a way that the license cost seems cheaper now compared to six months ago. On XE.com today it's more like 12.00 GBP = 20.2735 CAD so 25$ is weird.
I remember some chap in the days on a public demo server that was insulted to see the FMB added on the demo while the XRT was being removed and just said: "Well.. after 3 years I guess it's over for me." I couldn't believe it.
You're right.. I guess ephemeral sugar sells, and it sells pretty well. Perhaps LFS should have more sugar in it's recipe. Maybe they should add some attractive flashy graphic filters, then having the option to rent cars individually with tracks for a dollar per hour.. food for thought Smile
The question was:
Quote from ZachRacing :Should I buy s1 or s2?

And the final answer, after some dedicated LFS racers gave their extensive opinions, was:
Quote from ZachRacing :Yup, NEVERMIND!!!!...I'm going to stick with the demo

How much more ridiculous it can be? Not at all a waste of everyone's time... Uh-hu
Quote from ZachRacing :Bye

Bye and don't come back! Wave
Quote from sermilan :Bye and don't come back! Wave

Sure, the guy is a classic tyre-kicker, but there's no need to be nasty...
Hi! I'd like to ask you if it would be possible to race, using the same user account, on a demo servers such as [AMG] GtiMotorsport, after buying the S2 licence?
Yes, after buying a license you will be able to race on demo servers too.
That's good. Thanks.

Should I buy s1 or s2?
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG