The online racing simulator
LFSLapper drift GUI change
Hello everyone!
Lately I'm trying to make LFS server with drift scorer.
I have found that LFSLapper works for that and made it work on server.

My question is:
Can someone change Drift scorer GUI on LFSLapper?
And if yes, can anybody of you explain me something more about coding?

Sincerely
Elvis
Hi, and welcome to the the world of LFSLapper Smile

The default 'lapper' script (LFSLapper.lpr) has a lot of comments within that explains what the code does, and how to make changes.

For further info, you should also read the changes.txt file that is in the /docs folder.

I would suggest that you read this post about the basics of buttons - HERE

From this, I'd suggest practising on editing the standard 'Welcome' message. If you get comfortable changing this, then you can have a play on moving/resizing/editing the drift scoreboard that you have got working.

As for someone changing the drift scoreboard gui, may help if you could do rough mock-up image of how you want it to look.

I would also suggest doing search within this section of the forum as you will also (eventually) find examples of other drift scoreboard layouts.
As I'm reading post about basic of buttons, will need some time to understand everything that is written on that post. Smile

I will take a look later into LFSLapper.lpr and changes.txt files
Don't have as much free time. :|

After some trying i will post my success or failure.

When I will have done everything you suggested to me. I will post rough mock-up image of the drift scoreboard GUI, so i could understand more about programming.

Thank you for you'r answer!
Hello again!

In terms of the look of GUI I would like, something like this (img in attachemt)
Attached images
Screenshot_1.jpg
Any smaller, and I'd never been able to work out what you wanted! Smile

To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue how to do the lights that show the angle.

You'll need to explain what the numbers mean (I assume both numbers represent scores - current drift (shown as O), and total lap score?

Was the original that you copied, done in lapper?
The lights wouldn't bee so important.

Right represents current drift points and these stack when doing transitions(Comdo drift). Basically you can drift full lap and those points will stay there until finish line and then reset for new lap.

Left points is when u break combo, they appear there from right side counted points.

I exactly don't know if this was made in lapper, but i assume.
Editing standard driftmeter.lpr script to suit your own requirements
If you open the driftmeter.lpr file (any text editor) and look for following 2 buttons -

openPrivButton( "drftscoretext",186,160,9,5,3,-1,0,langEngine( "%{driftmeter_driftscoretext}%" , $LastDriftScore ) );
openPrivButton( "driftcombotext",187,150,9,7,3,-1,0,langEngine( "%{driftmeter_driftcombotext}%" , $DriftScore ) );

drftscoretext is the button that shows your score for current drift - will be overwritten with new score if you do new drift.

driftcombotext is the button that shows your score for the current lap, and will add up and total all your scores for the individual drifts. Resets at start of new lap. Lapper does not save record unless you cross start/finish line.

Try playing around with the button parameters to move/edit buttons to suit.

First number is placement left to right (out of 200), 2nd is placement top to bottom (out of 200), 3rd is width, 4th is height of text, 5th would be spacing between lines of text, 6th is time in seconds for button to stay in view [-1 means always there], and last number refers to background colour of button + text alignment.

More info on button number meanings within standard LFSLapper.lpr file.

If you want to change colour of text within button, then you will have to edit the language file(s), which can be found at bottom of file - for English text, will be under Lang "EN".

Buttons are;
driftmeter_driftscoretext = "^2+ ^7{0}";
driftmeter_driftcombotext = "^7{0}";

The ^2 and ^7 refers to the colours used (I'll let you research within the LFSLapper.lpr file to find colour values), and the {0} refers to the $ var (eg $DriftScore) at the end of the button description line.

Have fun!

PS My keyboard spacebar key is kaput, and you've no idea how long it's taken to write this by CTRL-V spaces between every single word and sentence Smile Hope it was worth the effort.
Could you add a lapper to the drift metric

LFSLapper drift GUI change
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG