The online racing simulator
Single player - Carrer mode
(14 posts, started )
I know Live for Speed is an online racing simulator, but has DEVS ever wondered about creating 20-XX hour lenght Carrer mode? Don't think it will take a long time to code it, but would be lots of fun. Offcourse not like "training" sessions that we have currently, where you can't even touch your opponent, but real racing with AI. AI is now improved, so they can be raced, and they are challenging.

(a bit off-topic) I love Gran Turismo, and it has great ideas, like licences in order to race an particular event and/or car.

Carrer may start with UF1000, and finish with open wheelers. During Carrer you would race almost every car.. Don't know if there's much more to tell, there may be tons of ideas to expand Carrer mode, would raice LFS's respect a bit more.

Just a thougt, don't judge, just my opinion.
#2 - Lyen
+.5

This would have its positives and negatives to it.

IMO: This is a good idea - Though how would something like this be done? Would it be like same cars per race or classes? (EG: Fxo V RB4 or XRG VS XFG ect ect) If there was more car customization I'd be giving it a big thumb up.

If the names were randomized along with numberplates and team names. Specific for each different car/class (Maybe 16 a race with 42 drivers for mix) Each with their own TEAM (2-4 drivers) and skin (With or without number) it'd be a good immersive career

Currency too: Would cars be too expensive that you have to spend years of your life battling for a xrt/rb4 (Like I do on cruise servers :/ ) Or would they be too cheap that its 4 races in each car then your vooming past the opposition in a bf1.

Plus how would this work for demo and s1 users? Would they get half way through and then the game goes "That's yer lot matey"

It'd feel a bit off however due to ai's not having skins by default (YES I KNOW YOU CAN ENABLE 'Use player colors')

And would the "Quick race" ability be lost?
I'm not sure it would be a good idea, Career needs a lot of work in my opinion, i would suggest to actually finish the actual development of the Racing Simulation (from A to Z), then think about adding a career mod, just saying that the actual gameplay is far more important than a career mod know
that would be fun but first i would reccomend to add more tracks and cars because it would get a little bit boring racing on the same track.
#5 - BeNoM
Quote from Gustas0 :that would be fun but first i would reccomend to add more tracks and cars because it would get a little bit boring racing on the same track.

Maybe buy lfs S1/S2/S3 first before complaining about the amount of content there actually is...
i have a different account on that account i have all the tracks and cars.
And why don't you post from that account?
Always funny to see demo players complaining about the lack of tracks, cars, features and yeah.. they all have another magical account somewhere with full license and they're not using it because they want to keep it clean, like a collector edition disk that you want to keep scratch-less. I thought it was even forbidden to post with many accounts for a single user although I may be wrong.
Quote from Skytrill :Always funny to see demo players complaining about the lack of tracks, cars, features and yeah.. they all have another magical account somewhere with full license and they're not using it because they want to keep it clean, like a collector edition disk that you want to keep scratch-less. I thought it was even forbidden to post with many accounts for a single user although I may be wrong.

Now this could be due to cracking OR the fact LFS requires TWO passwords. TWO not one. So think if you use ONE password then lfs slaps you in the face with the TWO you might not have a memorable WEBPASSWORD or GAMEPASSWORD.

Now don't complain to me how "Every browser has password saving" I know this. But some people WON'T use this (Me included) since my pc is a family pc. Some people might be in the same boat on this one.
I understand the password saving in browser part and I agree with it but in this case it is the same account, no matter if there are TWO passwords. The GamePassword and the WebPassword are tied to the SAME account so creating another LFS account for posting doesn't seem to make any sense. I don't think LFS SLAPS people in the face with two passwords.. actually it seems much more safe that way but that it just my opinion Smile
Quote from Skytrill :I understand the password saving in browser part and I agree with it but in this case it is the same account, no matter if there are TWO passwords. The GamePassword and the WebPassword are tied to the SAME account so creating another LFS account for posting doesn't seem to make any sense. I don't think LFS SLAPS people in the face with two passwords.. actually it seems much more safe that way but that it just my opinion Smile

Eheh I can't remember this accounts webpass for the life of me I have it written down. If I lost that bit of paper expect UnisonTwo
-
(TheNoobisonFire) DELETED by TheNoobisonFire : Suddenly realizing how Scawen may ban me for this...
Without investing too much time in a whole single player experience à-la-GT, a tiny SP mode next to the Training mode where you have to win against the AI in different classes in some sort of ladder mode would be awesome one day.

Since GP4 I didn't see many sims with a decent single player mode and with all the piracy out there I don't think a huge focus on single player mode would help much with that. I'd welcome SP, a rallycross pack, bikes or whatever but first I'd love to know how an LX handles with the new tyre physics Smile
The slogan of LFS is "The online racing simulator" -> ONLINE means with others. :-)

But now seriously: it would be a nice features, but I do not think that this can help to sell LFS significantly more. But that would be mandatory for the necessary effort of the devs. Previously I look forward for more new content and the physic update, too.

BTW: I have also two accounts; but both with S3 licenses. You ask for what? In our (small) team we drive with AI drivers. The second account is for additional 3 drivers and also to stream our races to Twitch... and a little bit to support the development of LFS, too. :-D

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG