The online racing simulator
"Wrecker Barricade"
(199 posts, started )
Thats what I thought too.
I need to chase up t_a_a on his new version of the barricade. We handed over the torch (and database, and replays) a while ago and didn't migrate the old database when we changed servers recently.
It's in the works (apologies for my tardy-ness), I'm shuffling work and personal commitments a lot at the moment, hence it not being done. I have every intention of doing so, however (just bear with me, if you can )
I can't wait for this. Seems like the admin of my favorite server decided vote/ban wasn't necessary
I have just been racing on the BTCC server

Seems there are immature idiots on there hitting people as they come around and typing racist comments...

I have an mpr, so until this comes back online is there anywhere else I can post this?
A very good idea! For me there is nothing more annoying than being smashed into repeatedly when you are after a clean race on a clean server. If they are any crashers or wreckers who are s2 licensed reading this, please visit the - -Lfs Bangers- - server if you want crashing, thats what it is there for! As long as you dont drive the wrong way or lossy (side barge people over the bouncy barriers) then you will be ok. following in (Pushing people into the barriers at the end of the straight) or ploughing into a slower moving car it what its all about on there. It is a public server so anyone who is s2 licensed can race there as long as you dont lag badly, because with it being a full contact server, lagging and crashing just sends everyones cars into pinball mode all over the place, which is annoying. If you want to race in meetings then you need to register your name and number on the forum, all the forum info, plus a better decription of the lossy rule, is on the main screen when you join the host.
Quote from danthebangerboy :A very good idea! For me there is nothing more annoying than being smashed into repeatedly when you are after a clean race on a clean server. If they are any crashers or wreckers who are s2 licensed reading this, please visit the - -Lfs Bangers- - server if you want crashing, thats what it is there for! As long as you dont drive the wrong way or lossy (side barge people over the bouncy barriers) then you will be ok. following in (Pushing people into the barriers at the end of the straight) or ploughing into a slower moving car it what its all about on there. It is a public server so anyone who is s2 licensed can race there as long as you dont lag badly, because with it being a full contact server, lagging and crashing just sends everyones cars into pinball mode all over the place, which is annoying. If you want to race in meetings then you need to register your name and number on the forum, all the forum info, plus a better decription of the lossy rule, is on the main screen when you join the host.

uhh... this thing was already made but now needs repatching...
Repatching, why? The server is patch Z.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Repatching, why? The server is patch Z.

I think there's a fundamental misunderstanding of what the barricade was.

The wrecker barricade was never something official, nor were there any tools for it. It was merely a system where admins could post and download replays. Non-admins also had the abiliity to post replays for review.

The barricade fell out of use until a relatively recent exploit, but Sam did not have the time for the up keep. I took over the db, but by the time I had the opportunity to finish the web gui and the automated tools I'd started, the exploit was patched, therefore I didn't finish as there was no requirement.

The main issue is that at the end of the day the work of a few benefits even fewer, until an exploit occurs. Even then the number that actually help out can be counted on one hand.

The wrecker barricade has had a few forms and names over the years - clean racers club and the barricade to name the big ones, but it's never been compulsory and it's never been automated - but it has always been under staffed.

Quite simply it was historically nothing more than a system to distribute replays between partaking admins. The view that I had in mind was somewhat different and provided more facilities, and I suspect this is what you've assumed the barricade was and always has been. This is quite simply not true.

If someone wants to take the db off my hands in the state I received it from SamH then I will dig it out of the backup that I have lying around. I personally have little time for the LFS community over recent months, for a number of reasons (which aren't relevant here and now), and thus little incentive to continue what was once a great LFS institution.
I wouldn't mind having a little play about with it, making a few automated systems for it. *shrugs*.

You have my MSN
Just to let people know, I've now been handed the project and will be working on it over the next few weeks.

I will be releasing a website side of it soon, just to give some basic info and have the ability to accept suggestions.
Nice.
Good luck
Any news about this project..?
Its discontinued
nope, still on my to do list, don't worry
If I can contribute in any way, let me know, I still think it is a good idea to have a centralised system for reporting and banning.

Luckily there is very little of them in LFS, we all should see that. You just have to play any given online shooter (warsow in my case) for more than two minutes to realize the potential of any given teen or plain idiot able to pose out of anonymity and absense of means of punishment...
yo, wftrolfmao, d00d...
Quote from bunder9999 :what about now?

Cheeky! :P.

Had a few things going on recently, including moving house, TWICE! Not a nice task under the current climate.

I will be posting a status report soon
Awesome!
and now? XD old thread but ye really what is the status now (or did u decide not to do it anymore?)
Quote from Krammeh :I will be posting a status report soon

Soon is never "soon" on the LFSForum, any progress, or has it been scrapped?

"Wrecker Barricade"
(199 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG