The online racing simulator
Uploading sound settings in multiplayer
I was thinking the other day - what's to stop everyone from having different sounds for their cars based on the Audio settings (Shift A) they choose?

A small amount of data sent and received when someone logs into a server, and everyone can hear all of the little differences in the car tunings.

I was watching a replay the other day, and the constant drone emanating from every single car got more annoying than those trumpets that South Africans blow on at soccer matches, especially when a whole field of AI are driving past...
LFS only support one sound per car model. It uses the one you are using in that car.

The online sharing is not the problem, but the sound engine would need a revamp.
Thats potentially illegal because copyrighted material can be transferred Smile
funny.

I'm talking about the car sounds that you can tune to make things like valve rattle, air intake hiss and so-on more or less prominent.
Not completely different car noises, just adjustments of the existing sound with slight variations of those values for each car.

Dave: interesting that you seem to understand the principles of intellectual property better in this thread than you do in the other... Tongue
I might did that on purpose, not sure...
Oh, well that's ok then Big grin

Uploading sound settings in multiplayer
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG