The online racing simulator
Car Headlights/Tail Lights glare effect
So i downloaded the old LFS 0.1W version just to remember how it looked like in the old days and was very much surprised to see that it has that light effect that i wanted for years in the LFS. Now yes it does look kinda basic but I'm pretty sure better results could be achieved considering that LFS does support this.

As it is now it's very hard to actually notice turn signals or front headlights. Tail lights are visible when braking but such glare/halo effect would increase visibility greatly.

Considering it's a realistic effect/feature I'd really love to see that implemented.

EDIT: Added few examples how it could look like in current version of LFS.
Attached images
LFS 2016-01-11 00-35-28-36.png
LFS 2016-01-11 00-35-18-19.png
LightGlare_3.jpg
LightGlare_1.jpg
LightGlare_2.jpg
+1
The nostalgia is real...
Aand do you remember sun reflecting on the dashboard? ^^ Was cool too!
And then night! I guess it's too early to get excited.
Added some examples on how it could look like in the current version of LFS.
#7 - nacim
Lol, we are in 2016 now, LFS has to do it properly now, I mean with a Bloom post-process pass. Big grin
However, track lights that are far away could use this (light coronas) in order to make the city more alive, mostly at night time (which are not available on LFS right now).
Quote from nacim :Lol, we are in 2016 now, LFS has to do it properly now, I mean with a Bloom post-process pass. Big grin

Car reflections weren't done using the latest tech either because it gives more performance this way since Scawen likes performance over the quality. And I'm suggesting simple method than some performance costly one. But either way something like this would be useful even in day time.
Quote from Drifteris :Car reflections weren't done using the latest tech either because it gives more performance this way since Scawen likes performance over the quality. And I'm suggesting simple method than some performance costly one. But either way something like this would be useful even in day time.

That is not completely true. Car reflections were done the simple way from the programming point of view. He wants to implement a cubemap reflection or some modern technique, but doesn't want to do it right now.
Quote from Drifteris :Car reflections weren't done using the latest tech either because it gives more performance this way since Scawen likes performance over the quality. And I'm suggesting simple method than some performance costly one. But either way something like this would be useful even in day time.

+1

Car Headlights/Tail Lights glare effect
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG