The online racing simulator
Long Beach GP - Realistic Sky Track by Sinanju and Bmxtwins
Sinanju and I set out on the mission of creating a realistic racing circuit in Live for Speed. The initial development started with me laying down a layout some height above the Autocross, before running out of room. I moved the layout to Aston and continued from there. I got stuck with the creativity, so I called in Sinanju and he did a great job cleaning everything up and making it look really pretty. This is as close as can be done to the real circuit. It is pretty much knock on for size except a shortened front straight away, due to object limitation. Another difference is small elevation changes after the off camber corner, as well as not having opened up the corner entry as much as the real track there. I did not put too many screenshots, as it's not too hard to throw the track in game and try yourself.

We hope you enjoy the circuit, and I just got around to posting it due to the delays presented by the holidays. If you haven't seen this circuit before, I recommend watching an IndyCar race.

Credits:
Sinanju- Walls, object number optimization, track side objects, detailing, and more.
Ray- track layout, curbing.
Attached images
trackmap.jpg
fountainturn.jpg
Attached files
AS1X_LongBeachFinal.lyt - 14.2 KB - 450 views
Thanks for the glowing report on my help!

Although you have this as AS1X, you should try it on KY1X, SO1X and FE1X (just rename accordingly) to see difference in lighting and background effects. No guarantee you won't fall down an invisible hole as in certain places of the tracks, there's no ground (in Fern Bay, if you try building in the sky over the sand/sea area, you're likely to fall through the track you've built).
That's really cool guys Smile Only problem I see is the exit of turn #1. There's a wall waiting for you if you miss it. A 90 degree to the track wall.
It's the turn I struggled with most, which is why I put white lane marker chalk lines before turn, added distance marker to direction marker, and put red/white barriers on top of the wall you refer to.

Maybe using an overhead gantry before the turn might have been better? I like the feedback for any new layouts I make.

In fact, it was because of that very corner, that I experimented with coloured concrete wedges (see my Aston Skytrack HERE).
Attached files
AS1X_LongBeachWIP4d.lyt - 14.3 KB - 341 views
I would actually flatten the outside retaining wall on corner exit and change its angle a little bit (not too much) to favor drivers exiting the corner. At the actual track there are diagonal lines on the right of the double yellow that indicate that that is not to be raced on.
I like the colored wedges hehe Smile

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG