The online racing simulator
On demo 9 out of 10 connections are JOOS, be more descriptive
Ok... Maybe I am exaggerating a bit but really a lot, -a lot- of times on the hour I see people trying to connect to genuine demo servers and getting this JOOS error. (For the people which doesn't know what this is; its an error where somebody has a modified LFS installation which only allows him or her to connect to servers which are modified in the same way).

I think a bunch of these demo players don't even know what is wrong and the JOOS message is not really very descriptive. So we have this 'game has a different game code', which is a popup error. I think it wouldn't be bad if such a message pops up with a JOOS or CPW error also. 'You need a genuine LFS installation for this server, please download on lfs.net" something like that. The different game code message is also not very clear about whats going wrong. The thing is a lot of people download LFS from outdated or modified sources and the people who try LFS on the genuine demo server environment getting these error messages which are very difficult to understand. Resulting in giving up, doing some other sim/game maybe :o
#2 - nacim
I agree on that, LFS is really not user friendly, if you want more people to come on this game, this should really be a priority.

On demo 9 out of 10 connections are JOOS, be more descriptive
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG