The online racing simulator
Horizon tilt with head tilt on corners
Hi,

LFS already has 1G head tilt slider with a maximum setting of 2, but the cockpit view doesn't change to reflect this. The horizon should tilt whether it is caused by g or while looking at the apex.

LFS also has lateral, vertical and forward movement animations, which are great. The look to apex option is also available in LFS with axis, steer, msx and msy settings, which are all great at simulating the movements of the head while driving.

All is great, so if you could animate the horizon tilting, it would be great Thumbs up
Nope. Looking is a horizontal turning movement that shouldn't tilt the horizon. G-forces though tilt the head sideways.

But then, as to how our brain decodes images, the horizon shouldn't tilt at all. Just try it out yourself. you'll see that whe you titl your head, you still percieve the horizon to be horizontal, while you feel your head to be tilted.
Yup, just tried it. You're right. Thanks for pointing that out, ColeusRattus.

I was interested about this after trying out a mod in F1 2013, which I found quite enthralling. Here's a video that shows a similar effect, though I think the actual effect isn't horizon tilting, but FOV related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JIW8eDneYY

I suppose the default LFS FOV of 90 changed to something low would do the same thing. Will try it out. Thanks for your post.
Could go straight to more physics based head movement with springs and dampers instead. All the needed effects would be available this way.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG