The online racing simulator
Westhill Kart Track - Wrong Time
(4 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
In "Practice" mode the gantry clock on the Westhill kart Track shows the current time.

However, despite the system time being 2:15PM (and the RaceAbout's clock saying the same), the time displayed was 1:15.

EDIT - I'm late to the party but the open layouts + the new Westhill are fantastic. You (collectively) have put loads of work into the "extra" parts of the track and it really shows!
The gantries are meant to show UTC time in practice. The question is what's more logical - to show UTC time or local time. Shrug
#3 - Jakg
If the gantries show time in UTC, the cars probably should too.

Having said that - I see no reason why, in single player practice, you'd want to see any other time zone than your own. And I can't say I've ever been to a race track and noticed a non-local time on display.
That makes sense. And in multiplayer practice, it shouldn't matter that it would show a different time for each player.

Or, if it was to reflect the way it works in real life, it would have to show the local time of the track, which would be a bit odd since LFS has no real life tracks at the moment. It would most likely have to be Japan time for Kyoto Ring, Jamaica time for Fern Bay and UK time for the rest. But that would probably create more confusion. Smile

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG