The online racing simulator
Increase LFSLapper Performance
hello,

Is there a way to increase the LFSLapper performance.
Because my lapper is slow with showing buttons etc, when we have some guests in the server.

Is it a option to make the functionnames or other strings shorter, for example :openPrivButton to openPvBn.
That means i have to change all my scripts ( +60 files XD).
No, you can't increase the performance of Lapper.
I don't know what script you have, but even when my servers are full, Lapper never gave a performance problem.
So maybe loops are giving you troubles?
If you have something that updates all the time, you get the performance problem.

I made a little bit of code to let me see the overall distance for some of my layouts, which showed distance updating as I went round...

... and I left this code in when I loaded a new layout on one of my servers - it only needed about 5 or 6 people to be on the layout, and lapper 'lagged' by in excess of 10 seconds - such as trying to get !top command, open or close a button, etc.

Another time, I had my drift scoreboard working giving live update of drift angle and score on one of my servers (without the distance code), and same thing happened when a few people on track at same time.

Fortunately, no problems if I use something like your pitboard, which only updates at sector splits.

Quote from Bass-Driver :...Is it a option to make the function names or other strings shorter, for example :openPrivButton to openPvBn. That means i have to change all my scripts ( +60 files XD).

Does it matter? Nothing to stop you putting something like "opb", then search and replace this with "openPrivButton". Realise this isn't exactly what you want, but...?
I have 1 event sometimes 2 events that has a continue loop.

Just to be curious
Lapper has to scan all your LPR textfiles. Will it load your code/script faster when you change (openPrivButton to opb) for example.
because lapper has to scan less text than.
Doesn't seem to make a difference, even when using add-on scripts. You would have thought that the CatchEvent's and CatchSub's would slow things down, but they don't appear to.

Increase LFSLapper Performance
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG