The online racing simulator
all-around neutral steer FZR
(41 posts, started )
update
good to share
driveable. tires last 12 laps easily at slow pace on aston historic. it's definitely a bit quicker since it can bite in the corner and stay stuck.
Attached files
FZR_neut_t.set - 132 B - 1118 views
l128.spr - 4.5 MB - 611 views
u
39 laps at westhill international and could have gone more, although with super cautious driving. has good feel when turning with slight braking, making it a bit easier to get through the sweet spot.

out-of-game controller settings are the same as before
Attached files
FZR_neut_u.set - 132 B - 1149 views
v
handles well at tarzan

degrees of rotation 757°
Attached files
FZR_neut_v.set - 132 B - 1056 views
slow but fun
version x. is this neutral steer?

handles well. i could catch a slide and feel it in the wheel so i went back to read the extra settings that could affect what the g27 feels like. ( still needs work of course )

global device settings (g27 wheel) 716 degrees

in-game rotation 801
force 12
sensitivity 4.43
Attached files
FZR_neut_x.set - 132 B - 1016 views
point release
was just skidding off at ky3 as the laps wore on. i won't delete the previous version like last time, instead i'm trying a point release Smile

the geometry still doesn't seem quite right, like it's resisting entry a bit and it bobbles, but the rates are feeling better and give more feel and time to react around the apex. not sure it's quick enough for a 1:49.99 at we2 ( so abysmally slow ) but it went through the chicane at south city and right up on curbs at ky.
Attached files
neut_x1.txt - 697 B - 436 views
y
in-game force: 7

neut_y version followed by three failed candidates. still unsure which to continue from.

edit: 540 degrees for both device settings and in-game
Attached files
FZR_neut_y.set - 132 B - 968 views
FZR_neut_y.c4.set - 132 B - 1036 views
FZR_neut_y.c3.set - 132 B - 1053 views
FZR_neut_y.c1.set - 132 B - 1049 views
z c1
no change to in-game settings.

a bit more downforce and it really gets more planted character. i'm able to stay on the brake harder and further into the corner than before so after only a few races it feels wrong not to upload right away and continue working on times.
Attached files
FZR_neut_z.c1.set - 132 B - 1069 views
c2 and c3
c4 and c5
no changes to in-game settings

not quite satisfied enough to say this is a final version, but they should be good for most circuits in lfs. the focus has been on even tire wear and i think the latest one is quite good.

i'm realising it's not likely there is a 'perfect' all-around fzr set. so my goal now is to finish up this series and then continue another quest for most realistic feel without caring about times or wear. this series feels front-heavy and this may have to do with me trying to get the fronts to heat evenly with the rears. a bit silly, really Smile

i admit i based this desire to get even tire wear on watching a masters of endurance south city race where the top fzrs had R2s and managed to heat all tires evenly with only the outside staying out of the red. this can't happen on all tracks with the same set, but in general i think the latest set is on the right track. the only reason i don't call it z and finish here is the front is only really getting heat on the inside so the quest continues...
Attached files
FZR_neut_z.c5.set - 132 B - 1231 views
FZR_neut_z.c4.set - 132 B - 1081 views
c6 and c7
same in-game settings.

the latest has just a bit too much throttle oversteer. i don't know if it's faster that way, but it seems to be up to the driver. not a lot of tire testing but for feel and handling it seems good enough.

didn't make it 9 laps at kyoto long though. when this set can do 12 laps of ky3 without slowing down i think it will be balanced well enough.
Attached files
FZR_neut_z.c6.set - 132 B - 1022 views
FZR_neut_z.c7.set - 132 B - 1126 views
c8
9 and 10
c11
please try with these options that affect the feel:
473 degrees for steering wheel in the os config
in-game settings:
900 degrees
0 compensation
17 force
4.43 sensitivity

disclaimer: not really neutral, sorry! there is still work to do but this is a fun (if slow) set that gives good feedback. i really like the miata at nordschleife in assetto corsa so this set aims to have some of the same refusal to turn in except with a bit of braking. not enough bite in front so not a final z version yet! working on it Smile
Attached files
FZR_neut_z.c11.set - 132 B - 779 views
keep sharing preeminent post like this

all-around neutral steer FZR
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG