just wanted to click something
sammich
We won't be doing fo8. Fo8 handles like crap for an indy lights car anyways
Indy specification is only asociation for fo8 restriction
5% intake and 89 kg balast is like indy 420 hp 689 kg
Quote from VicaNo :Indy specification is only asociation for fo8 restriction
5% intake and 89 kg balast is like indy 420 hp 689 kg

Good thing!
I once drove a restricted FO8 in Virtual Racing LFS Masters. The restricted FO8 have a weired gearbox. On that side, it really is not made for being restricted.
here are the tracks we will use
as1r, bl1r, fe3r, so6, we1

Wild Card System: random number generator will be used to pick a number and choose the impact on the 2nd race.
The cards are:
Inverted top 1/2 of grid
added weight for top 3 in race 1 (7 kg for p1, 5kg p2, 3kg p3)
Null effect card (standard race rules)
Looking for input on these if people have them.

all races will utilize standing starts (probably using insim we used last year to give us time to check and receive setups).

"fixed" setups: Allowed to change: brakes (bias and pressure), tires (PSI and compound), ARB's will be completely changeable and up to the driver.
Last time we had only R1's allowed, didn't we? I think it worked well.
Why haven't you put any openconfigs track?

As of the cards, I suggest to remove "inverted grid" and "reversed track". Better put "top 3 moved to the end of grid - 3, 2, 1".
Quote from michal 1279 :Last time we had only R1's allowed, didn't we? I think it worked well.

Yea, I don't see anyone using r2s but I just prefer to keep it open so I don't have to check that section.

I don't want to use open config tracks because sometimes people practice on the wrong layout.

As for wild cards, thanks for input. I think you are correct and I've only kept added weight and invert top 1/2 of grid.

Currently I'm waiting on Ray's work schedule for the races as he will be broadcasting them. The only feasible days are ; Friday, Saturday or Sunday. I will open up signups shortly
Quote from Mustangman759 :I don't want to use open config tracks because sometimes people practice on the wrong layout.

I don't want you to use fixed setups with restrictions because sometimes people practice on the wrong setups. /sarcasm
Quote from Flame CZE :
Quote from Mustangman759 :I don't want to use open config tracks because sometimes people practice on the wrong layout.

I don't want you to use fixed setups with restrictions because sometimes people practice on the wrong setups. /sarcasm

Its funny 'cause it's so true. On the same note though, it doesnt hurt for a little personality on a track. Like how Formula M used Classic, but added a bus stop (i think) just for originality. The XFR/UFR KY3, or how about that old chicane on the backstretch of BL1? My point, overall, is that I think leagues need originality, while sticking to their origin.

Whether or not this happens, it doesnt matter to me. Just wanted to make the point.
I have to agree that it wouldn't hurt to think of spicing up the existing tracks a bit (or use some open configs) to make it less boring and a bit more challenging.
Quote from Flame CZE :I have to agree that it wouldn't hurt to think of spicing up the existing tracks a bit (or use some open configs) to make it less boring and a bit more challenging.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/75348-Junior-FOX-Series-Season-2%3A-Schedule
https://www.lfs.net/forum/thread/76894-GT3-Touring-Car-Cup-Season-3-Schedule
we used some of these in the past, if any of them are race worthy I would consider implementing them I think the GT3 AS3Y lyt might be decent for the FOX. So input on that one would be good
As for blackwood, I think we will go with the chicane complex added in.
Ummm anyone?
Side note: I'll start working on final stuff Saturday as I have iRacing indy 500 top split friday (well should be top split)
AS7Y_71alt, was fun to drive Just cause youre full throttle and very little braking (3 corners). And theres still room to add anything extra or move the starting line.
FE2_25noloop, T1 is a very up in the air, just depending on how many entrants. I enjoyed the hairpin to the island road & the chicane suprise after the quick left hander.

Otherwise, I still gotta drive the others to give you my full opinion.
Ok guys, you have until end of today for comments!
What dates would you be looking to pick for the schedule? And on what day would the race be on?
On that note, I dont think any "practice" should be mandatory only highly suggested.
Quote from liv4eva :What dates would you be looking to pick for the schedule? And on what day would the race be on?

Probably saturday or sunday.
Ok here are the tracks I have elected to use
here are the tracks we will use
as3y_GT3 layout, bl1r + chicane, fe3r, so6, we1.
I'll work on the server going up soon, updating rule book, and posting sets (will most likely be close to last years). signups will go up momentarily along with schedule
This is race layout WE1 from cargame.nl
1 turn have litle change ...good change
what u think?
Attached files
WE1_Race.lyt - 660 B - 404 views

FOX Jr Interest Probe
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG