The online racing simulator
Change host's name on rented server
Is there a way to change the name "Host" on a rented server?
I know in a dedicated server theres a line in the cfg with /player=Host and we can change it, but i've rented a server yesterday and im trying to change it... is there a command or anything else? i tried /player in the console but didnt worked.
Look for a file called setup.cfg, open it, and you will see a line after // host name, usually;

/host=Host Name

Change to suit, eg;

/host=MemoPedra
He wants to change the in game server name. This doesn't work with a /command, it can only be specified in a setup file.

(which he apparently doesn't have access to).
Quote from sinanju :Look for a file called setup.cfg, open it, and you will see a line after // host name, usually;

/host=Host Name

Change to suit, eg;

/host=MemoPedra

Thats for the dedicated server as i said, thanks anyway
Quote from cargame.nl :He wants to change the in game server name. This doesn't work with a /command, it can only be specified in a setup file.

(which he apparently doesn't have access to).

Exacly.. yea i cant find a setup file in the panel, the unique setup there that can be used is for the app Airio i guess.. thanks for the info
-
(Chriship) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(Flame CZE) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(wildstyle) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(TypeRacing) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(Chriship) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
-
(cargame.nl) DELETED by Scawen : spam / replies to spam
Quote from MemoPedra :Is there a way to change the name "Host" on a rented server?
I know in a dedicated server theres a line in the cfg with /player=Host and we can change it, but i've rented a server yesterday and im trying to change it... is there a command or anything else? i tried /player in the console but didnt worked.

I have added the 'Host player name' field on the 'Basic settings' tab.
You will have to shut down your host before you can edit that field though, and then start your host again.
Quote from Victor :
Quote from MemoPedra :Is there a way to change the name "Host" on a rented server?

I have added the 'Host player name' field on the 'Basic settings' tab.
You will have to shut down your host before you can edit that field though, and then start your host again.

Thanks, i really appreciate.
MemoPedra. Could you help me out please? Ive rented a server as well like a week ago and me and my mate want to drift useing tweaks but we are getting kicked saying JOOS-ERR or OOS-ERR. Could you help me out on what to do please?
If you use tweaks that change physics, or car settings then that is probably the cause of the OOS messages. You'd need a host that is tweaked as well, otherwise the host and client go out of sync due to different internal calculations.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG