The online racing simulator
Quote from Pablo Donoso :Licensing is a big issue in video games but only in some places like the US where brand name labels and copyright infringing is just a way of business to make sure they get paid what's due.

I doubt iRacing developing their own version of rockingham would impact LFS development of the same venue because all racing games that have actual locations just pay a licensing fee to use the brand name and rights associated with it. As long as iRacing doesn't have exclusive rights where it says "we own the rights and forbid anyone else to recreate the content", then others still can make it and just have to pay the same brand name licensing fees that iRacing did.

I hope Rockingham asked for a profit share of the number of sales instead of a flat licence fee from iRacing. There's a proper lot of idiots over there who will buy anything, which would make Rockingham more profit.
If you want Rockingham now, or in fact for a number of years prior to now, use Power and Glory. Physics are as good as PCar, cars are great, and no end of modded tracks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9fEoU685k

I can do the entire NZ series on all the tracks and have the choice of different years of circuit layout. And several years of Bathurst, plus, plus, plus.......

Please give LFS the option of adding tracks, the physics are far better and the added tracks are free !

Cus, how long have we been waiting in LFS for Rockingham ?.

Forget the Beetle, forget the tyre physics, The new Westhill is awesome, add in Rockingham. Please ?
#28 - Be2K
the Problem here is scawen.

The Plan for community tracks would be released after S3 which in my opinions would take another decade.

As many times mentiond before, LFS is nearly dead. A Few Racers are still there but there isnt any serious racing anymore.

Scawen must Think about new ways to get LFS back an live.
Westhill showed us that no one rearly cares about LFS anymore. There were a Peak of new Racers but they left as fast as they showed up.

Adding Community Tracks would be the most efficent way to boost LFS back alive.

Scavier created something Special, a historcial masterpice and i respect their work.

Only allowing custom tracks now, before S3 release, will be epic!
Same for custom cars, just look at the number of VOB mods, that's the main thing people are requesting ! Give them the tools to create new cars and track, and you'll see how much people will come back.
Texture modifications and LFS Tweaks are nice for 1 hour but after that, LFS is still the same repetitive game.
I enjoyed GTR 2, rFactor 1 (and other games) for the tons of content they have, via mods.
But I think just the mods alone are not sufficient:

It also needs a good system to download and manage the mods.
At first it seems not so bad to download cars&tracks from various websites. After a while it gets frustrating.
For offline that is okay-ish. On a LAN it works too, if you can copy the whole folder.
For online it is terrible because everybody needs to install all the things, in right order, right version etc.
Public racing is impossible like that and even with organized dates there is the question if everyone could get it working on the date...
And next race you have to install different stuff and circle starts again.
At least GTR2 has moddownloader tool but with some problems and felt like a band-aid.
(Understandable, because it is third-party software.)
Quote from nacim :LFS is still the same repetitive game.

The word I would go for is 'consistent'.

I don't think we want to create a lFactor for Speed kind of game. Sure, mods are fun, but 99% of them suck, and the other 1% is usually okay-ish at best. With all those mods no one will be able to join most servers because of missing cars/tracks/objects. Besides, I don't think any mods that will be created will benefit LFS as a racing simulator. I'm pretty sure all mods will either be for drifting or cruising and created by people from Eastern Europe or Saudi Arabia.

I don't think people are thinking it through. Saying that LFS needs user-made cars and tracks isn't just gonna work. How on earth would online work then? How can people join servers with missing tracks/cars? How can you download them (safely)? How would LFSWorld deal with it? There's so much to think of here...
#32 - Be2K
i liked the way what steam does with CS/DoD/HL2 DM Content. When you are connecting to a Server with custom Maps, the Client will download what you need.

Create a DL Folder within LFS, where the Client can put the files, and integrate a downloader into the LFS Client, which can download the Track (maybe even the cars) from a Folder which is hosted within the dedicated LFS Server.

So the hoster must put all nessesaryfiles on his Server and the user only Needs to connect to the Server.

The Thing with custom Cars is the Balance and physic System of LFS.
I think its better for all of us to only allow custom Tracks.
Quote from Bose321 :I don't think we want to create a lFactor for Speed kind of game. Sure, mods are fun, but 99% of them suck, and the other 1% is usually okay-ish at best.

Don't you think that if car creation in LFS becomes official with official import tool, more skilled people can work on cars and even currents modders can do higher quality work ?

Also, I totally agree about a in-game car/track downloader that get the files from the server (just like Multi Theft Auto).
#34 - Be2K
Quote from nacim :
Don't you think that if car creation in LFS becomes official with official import tool, more skilled people can work on cars and even currents modders can do higher quality work ?

please dont attack eric Smile You can say "more People can work on cars" but not "more skilled People" the Goal for Eric is to Support Scawen, and thei are actualy focused on S3 Cars / Tracks / Interiuers.

More People can do more stuff in a shorter period of time, but if thei are more "skilled" could be a false Argument compared to Erics work so far.

Westhill is the most modern Track in LFS and shows what Eric is capable of. Eric is very focused on S3. The real "Speed" of development can only be shown when he can relaese things into lfs on its own.
#35 - 5tag
Quote from Be2K :please dont attack eric Smile

He was basing his comment on Bose's 'educated guesses' about the modding community, not Eric's work.
It has been mentioned before, but we need support to create tracks(for old and new people come here )....the people are tired of being deceived with minor updates,more than 70% of players lose hope and migrated for others simulators (simply delete DEMO servers and observe s2 activity). money is missing ? maybe because it was spent on something that should not be high-priority?i dont know ....... my account not have much time and I'm really disappointed with what I've been watching since I got.. for older users is always the same boring tracks, for me ( new here) is boring the online community so weak.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG