The online racing simulator
Servers list
(14 posts, started )
#1 - U.F.
Servers list
Hi guys.

I'm licensed S2 player since 2005.
Haven't been playing for 3 years.
Today after buying Dirt Rally I decided to return to LFS. I remember how fun it was.

1-st server I entered.
The race started and before the first lap finished everybody crashed in every corner. I was on the last position and didn't crashed at all, so at the beginning of 2-nd lap I was first. Then bang! I've been banned from this server.
So my first suggestion to add to server list - blacklist feature.
I don't want to use servers where admins are idiots.

The second suggestion - I want to view at least last server I was playing on.
Because I don't remember the names of servers to add to blacklist.
This one with idiotic admin was '![AMG] GTI MotorSport'

2-nd server was rallycross server.
The race started after 7 laps I was the last one. The reason is on this server you need some points to 'buy' better cars and all others were on better cars than I was. Guys for Christ sake what kind of stupidity is that?
So I'm supposed to lose because I didn't played enough on this server?
So my 3-rd suggestion add some filter to server list so I can check it and server list will exclude all servers with mods. Any mods. I want just plain clean racing without this idiocy.

4-th suggestion - please add favorites list. Because 90% of servers are mods and garbage.
#2 - heawy
If ure looking for clear races try cargame.nl (here you have to earn points to get better cars too, mixed races are good. Elimination of bad drivers in GTR's. This does not mean that you have to lose. You have to win in your class.) and XFG/XRG S2 - Racing.
I dont see other servers where you can join to random race without calling friends.
#3 - U.F.
Quote from heawy :If ure looking for clear races try cargame.nl (here you have to earn points to get better cars too, mixed races are good. Elimination of bad drivers in GTR's. This does not mean that you have to lose. You have to win in your class.) and XFG/XRG S2 - Racing.
I dont see other servers where you can join to random race without calling friends.

I guess this game is dying. Checked 5 minutes ago there are around 300 hundred server total most of them empty. And only on 5-7 servers there is more than 2 people.

Guys can you recommend some other online racing game with the same level of physics and NORMAL races, not this freak show.
LFS is mostly Europe based and it's 8 in the morning now here (+/- 1h). Do you seriously await 50 full servers now?
Other sims? Try Assetto Corsa - downside is quite stupid online mode and you need to download tons of mods and make sure they're up to date,also you need quite powerful PC to run it's HQ graphics. Or you can try iRacing - downside is that it costs just less then real racing in some lower level,also it's more North America based,even less chance to find many full servers at this time. There are also rFactor,pCARS and maybe few more wannabe sims,but they don't really can hold up with LFS or other 2 sims. So the best overall is LFS,unfortunatelly it's not very popular these days as most casual players want better graphics and mega cool exotic cars they can't control.

PS. Seems like you have your own idea of perfect server,why don't you host yourself one,with hookers and blackjack? Wink
#5 - U.F.
Quote from Eclipsed :LFS is mostly Europe based and it's 8 in the morning now here (+/- 1h). Do you seriously await 50 full servers now?
Other sims? Try Assetto Corsa - downside is quite stupid online mode and you need to download tons of mods and make sure they're up to date,also you need quite powerful PC to run it's HQ graphics. Or you can try iRacing - downside is that it costs just less then real racing in some lower level,also it's more North America based,even less chance to find many full servers at this time. There are also rFactor,pCARS and maybe few more wannabe sims,but they don't really can hold up with LFS or other 2 sims. So the best overall is LFS,unfortunatelly it's not very popular these days as most casual players want better graphics and mega cool exotic cars they can't control.

PS. Seems like you have your own idea of perfect server,why don't you host yourself one,with hookers and blackjack? Wink

Then online racing is really dead. What the point of hosting your own server if people like hookers and blackjack (read crappy mods and buying cars they already bought) and will never come to my server? As I said most servers are empty and some which are not are modded shit. You can't go against crowd it's multiplayer experience after all.
It's very sad I liked this game, such a great potential wasted.
#7 - U.F.
Quote from Gutholz :
Quote :I want just plain clean racing without this idiocy.

https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar

Thanks, but I'm not that good to participate in league races.
Don't want to spoil pro races.
But thanks for the link anyway.
I'm downloading simraceway client now. Doesn't look too promising but who knows.
#8 - U.F.
Quote from U.F. :
Quote from Gutholz :
Quote :I want just plain clean racing without this idiocy.

https://www.lfs.net/leagues/calendar

Thanks, but I'm not that good to participate in league races.
But thanks for the link anyway.
I'm downloading simraceway client now. Doesn't look too promising but who knows.

Yep simraceway is even more dead than lfs.
use mates@tracks
Quote from U.F. :Thanks, but I'm not that good to participate in league races.

There are no "pro" races in LFS,so you should not worry about that. As long as a driver is able to control the car,is aware of surrounding and doesn't cause trouble with reckless driving,he should be fine in most LFS leagues - participant levels are very different,usually everyone finds an oponent to race against.

Quote from U.F. :Yep simraceway is even more dead than lfs.

And again you're judging about situation in early morning while the most racing is done afternoon and evening european time. Then again - I don't know much about Simraceway,just the fact that it's based on the older rFactor makes it uninteresting for me.
It is problem of all online gaming, in every genre.
Big hype at start, videos and graphics attract many players but after some time they run to the next title. And then to the next-next. Sometimes games have no (read: zero) online players few months after release.
Racing sims are especially tricky to play online because players must be present at start at the same time. Compare to a shooter-game where you can come late or come & go as you please mid-match.
In some sims you can join mid-race too, but it does not make so much sense.
So one solution is to have races at set times.

Quote :Thanks, but I'm not that good to participate in league races.

If you drive careful nothing bad happens.
Some events are more difficult and less tolerant than others, but start witth short races with easy cars, then should be no problem.
#12 - U.F.
Thanks guys. I will try to take a part in those league races. I guess time is GMT.
I just remember a time when you can open LFS at any time and there were always some guys racing and number of those modded servers was almost 0. It's vice versa now. And most guys just doing nothing at all even if they join servers. Just crashing or standing still.
LFS Ain't that dead around my GMT ( Dutch). +1
TC is always full and many other servers.
Looking at his posts in this thread so far, I doubt he is looking for a cruise server. Big grin

Servers list
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG