The online racing simulator
Would it be better if more objects are added to the track sides? Some of those corners are just way to easy to cut, and the fact that LFS's unpaved terrain is mostly smooth doesn't help.
I did consider it, but part of the fun of rallying is not having to drive within a set pair of lines, so there are corners which have been deliberately left open to allow cutting
Driving past barriers or going "cross country" to completly skip parts of the route is kinda too obvious cheating to bother with. Tilt Enclosing whole track in barriers or long fences across every field would look silly.
But some corners are more vague, like should one have to circle around that lamp post or can go on inside..

If someone wants to try the rallye in friendly competition:
<advertisment break>

http://www.absolute-beginners.nl/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?14033.last
<advertisment break over>
Quote from McGherkin :I did consider it, but part of the fun of rallying is not having to drive within a set pair of lines, so there are corners which have been deliberately left open to allow cutting

It's fun in real life because there's uncertainty involved. You have the obvious line which is safe, and some cuts that's potentially faster if done right but also potentially hazardous. On the beautiful grass land of LFS there's no hazard whatsoever, not even any warning signs. You wanna cut, you cut, and you save time.

Maybe some soft objects that don't kill you instantly buy do disturb the balance a bit?
Quote from McGherkin :I did consider it, but part of the fun of rallying is not having to drive within a set pair of lines, so there are corners which have been deliberately left open to allow cutting

HI man

yours layouts are awesome
i saw it on youtube
i was searching it everywhere

please upload 3 stages of westhill
we want to play with frends
thanks a lot
Sorry, I thought the below had already posted!

I’ve updated the links in the youtube videos. They should work now, please check Smile

McGherkin's WRC (Westhill Rally Championship) Stages
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG