The online racing simulator
Ebisu School Course Layout by Vano Paniashvili
(18 posts, started )
#2 - chiv
how do I download these links? it won't come up in my layouts...
#3 - BeNoM
Lol, didn't realize Vano was banned from here
Demo acc posting licensed stuff, what did you expect?
#5 - BeNoM
Oh, I thought he had a license
His stuff like skins, car models, textures and layouts are extremely top class though. Shame that he cracked the game.

All lost potential. Maybe if he was legit we'd have gone somewhere with the devs, and we'd probably have a BMW M3 by now Tongue
Quote from chiv :how do I download these links? it won't come up in my layouts...

Did you unpack the .rar archive to get the contained files?
For example with 7zip: http://www.7-zip.org/
Quote from MicroSpecV :His stuff like skins, car models, textures and layouts are extremely top class though. Shame that he cracked the game.

All lost potential. Maybe if he was legit we'd have gone somewhere with the devs, and we'd probably have a BMW M3 by now Tongue

Add trojans in some of his layouts to the addition. Thankfully they're easy to trace.
Quote from TwinySkyline :Add trojans in some of his layouts to the addition. Thankfully they're easy to trace.

? Can you give example, name of layout?
Lol he's never had anything malicious in his mods, why spread random crap?
Quote from BeNoM :Lol he's never had anything malicious in his mods, why spread random crap?

+1
@3 guys
I guess this might make me look stupid now, but as I have recently updated my antivirus and cleaned my SDD, I don't have any log of the precise files. So no screenie. Mind you this was at least a month ago, if not more. All I can remember is that these were drift layouts from vano, and that there was an ebisu one. Now with that being said, I'm pretty sure I didn't download these on LFS.net, but on another website. If not, it was through loading a layout on a server. I have over 2 thousand layouts anyway so I wouldn't know exactly. With that being said I can strictly assure that I did find two of his layouts with trojans.
Also, read my message again, please. I wasn't saying he added those himself. I wouldn't be able to tell, anyway.

In case my first message needs rephrasing:
Add the fact that layouts of his are affected by trojans and are distributed over the internet, which is a shame. Thankfully they're easy to trace.

Btw,
Quote from BeNoM :Lol he's never had anything malicious in his mods, why spread random crap?

Take a chill pill. This forum isn't so serious that you have to roam through it acting as its bouncer, or just generally being an annoyance (I'll admit you are relevent sometimes, sadly it's too rare) to everyone.

EDIT:
Quote from MicroSpecV :His stuff like skins, car models, textures and layouts are extremely top class though. Shame that he cracked the game.

Most of his stuff was converted from other games (except layouts obviously), and was illegal so he wouldn't have any future in a dev team while doing that. He still makes awesome conversion (and extremely complete) jobs.
Layout files are not executable, so they're not infectable by trojans.

Maybe somebody made a self-extracting zip file (which are executable) and then infected that, or had some malware on the site you got it from, but the actual layout files themselves (*.lyt) are fine.
Quote from Racon :Layout files are not executable, so they're not infectable by trojans.

There are various forms of trojans. It's simply a generic name, and the simpler ones can be close to harmless. Not all of them require a .exe to be ran so they can infect your computer. Now I won't repeat myself a second time, I can't give further information and won't ever be able to unless I find a similar issue, which I won't try to reproduce.
Now with that out of the way, let's stop this near-useless (necro) posting spree.
regardless of any, this topic is now interesting from my view.
Quote from TwinySkyline :@3 guys
I guess this might make me look stupid now, but as I have recently updated my antivirus and cleaned my SDD, I don't have any log of the precise files.

cool antivirus, blurs traces behind, are you sure that this is antivirus? : D (you should have logs what was removed)

I am interested in that because in some layouts he have included my mod, and it probably came out as this virus on the scan (beacuse it access memory of process and beacuse i obfuscated code)
TL;DR Dude uses Windows Defender, it picks up one of the tweak applications included in Vano's packs, it's obviously a false-positive like everything else Windows Defender picks up, doesn't know how to differentiate between a false-positive and a real trojan so in-turn ends up lying here, about Vano Smile

Literally all there is to it.

I'll patiently wait for another half-assed irrelevant insult because you got called out for lying TwinySkyline Smile
Quote from BeNoM :TL;DR Dude uses Windows Defender, it picks up one of the tweak applications included in Vano's packs, it's obviously a false-positive like everything else Windows Defender picks up, doesn't know how to differentiate between a false-positive and a real trojan so in-turn ends up lying here, about Vano Smile

Literally all there is to it.

I'll patiently wait for another half-assed irrelevant insult because you got called out for lying TwinySkyline Smile

I have no idea wether you did it on purpose or not but: oh boy, did you prove my point.

Quote from Draggo :cool antivirus, blurs traces behind, are you sure that this is antivirus? : D (you should have logs what was removed)

I am interested in that because in some layouts he have included my mod, and it probably came out as this virus on the scan (beacuse it access memory of process and beacuse i obfuscated code)

It's not just one antivirus, but as I said I cleaned my SSD hence the lack of information.

Very good point. aX is often considered as a virus, requires some testing to verify this. Mystery looks solved, drama can now end guys. Great info from it tho, wasn't as pointless as I figured this would be.

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG