The online racing simulator
Fanatec CSR will not register
Currently trying to start playing LFS with my CSR on an S1 licensed game.

So far, the wheel is connected and running properly.
When I go to assign buttons, gas break and clutch are not registering as buttons. I can get buttons on the wheel to get assigned, so I know the wheel is connecting. Also the steering is registering. When I press the gas pedal, the meter (?) on the bottom right of the screen is registering how much I press it, however. Brake pedals and clutch don't seem to be responding either. I have not installed drivers or anything (idk if they are needed, just trying to give as much info as possible)

Anyone playing with a CSR can chime in?
bump! Trying to get into this action ASAP need some help!
I'd definitely start by installing your drivers. But the thing I see wrong here is you're trying to assign the pedals as buttons, which they aren't. When you're in the controls menu, if you look just above the list of button assignments there will be another list that says Buttons 1, Buttons 2, etc. at the end of the list there will be a button that says "Axes / FF", click on that. Then you can assign your brake, clutch and accelerator properly.
edit: figured out the throttle and brake problem by trying the wheel on my computer (windows 7). I read that my wheel has trouble on windows 8, which is what my friends computer is running.

However I am still having problems.

1.) The cars throttle works fine, but I can't seem to get the gears to work. Under Axes/FF I assigned all of the gears using my gear shifter. the car will go into each gear (though I do have to depress the clutch twice to do so, another problem to figure out), but it doesn't seem to want to actually drive. The car will inch forward at about 10mph or so but the car will rev in all gears as if it is in neutral.

2.) The steering is funky. No matter what I do, it will not align. It also won't register as 900* rotation. Both in game and on my wheel I have the sensitivity set to 900, but the in game wheel spins as if it's at 600* or so.

Any help?
Quote from Jerome240sx :How do I know if they are needed? I don't remember anything coming with the wheel itself.

Also, under the "Axes/FF" menu, there are no options for gas and brake. and clutch won't resister my clutch.

I'm lost.

Well, the drivers are what enables a lot of the functions of your wheel to work on the PC, so I definitely would recommend downloading those off of the Fanatec website. I don't know what the issue is with your Axes/FF menu though, are you sure that's the menu you went in? This is what it should look like. You should just have to click on each name, then move the respective pedal.

You seemed to have posted while I was editing. Refer to my earlier post.
Quote from Jerome240sx :
2.) The steering is funky. No matter what I do, it will not align. It also won't register as 900* rotation. Both in game and on my wheel I have the sensitivity set to 900, but the in game wheel spins as if it's at 600* or so.

Any help?

there are no cars in LFS with 900 deg steering.
most have 720.
so set it to that (on any road car) and it should align fine.

Fanatec CSR will not register
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG