The online racing simulator
Car rendering is broken with 0.6F2. The problem is fixable by putting D3DCompiler_43.dll into LFS directory. It seems that as of 0.6F2 it's necessary to use native versions of both "d3dx9_43.dll" and "D3DCompiler_43.dll". I haven't run a benchmark yet but there seems to be some performance gain even on WINE. This is valid for an nVidia card with the latest proprietary drivers, YMMV.

Sidenote: WINE reports

fixme:d3d9:Direct3DShaderValidatorCreate9 stub

once while LFS runs. This means that this function is not actually implemented, it just returns immediately with a successful result so whatever it should do is not done.
-
(Keling) DELETED by Keling
LFS Wine
Debian 7, Corei5 3550, RAM 8G, Nvidia GTX560 proprietary driver, WINE 1.6.2
0.6F: ~50-70 fps on the start grid last position with 19 AI`s
0.6F2: ~70-90 fps with same conditions
Hello,

I am an old new driver with this formidable car simulator, I used to play on windows, but now I am a mac user and I have some problems...

I have just install LFS on my Macbook (Macos 10.6.8, 2.4GHz, 4Go DDR3) with PlayOnMac.

I had a problem with the texture which where not loaded (with an error on loading the game (can't open : *****.jpg).

I configure the game in PlayOnMac whith installing the component "d3dx9_43"

Now I have no error while the game is loading, but there is no more texture on the car (the car, inside and outside is grey...)

I still have an error at the end of the load of the game :

Could not compile pixel shader (car1)D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA
memory:41:26: error: syntax error, unexpected KW_REGISTER, expected VAR_IDENTIFIER or TYPE_IDENTIFIER or NEW_IDENTIFIER

The game works properly, I only have this problem of textures only on the cars, the track is fine...

Is someone have an issue for that...

Thank you so much to read me.

Patdoucito.
Have you installed D3DCompiler_43.dll as well?
No, I don't! I will try that tomorrow and will feed back here!

Thank you for your answer dawesdust!

Patdoucito
Hello,

My problem is fixed !

On my macbook, with playonmac, LFS works properly with installing the components "d3dx9_43" and "D3DCompiler_43"

Thank you so much for your help !

See you on the race !

Patdoucito
Hello,

After updating from 0.6F to 0.6K, got D3D errors like:
"d3dxerr invalid data"
And 3d rendering was broken.

After upgrading from wine1.6 to recent wine 1.8, still same errors.

So I saw comments on forcing native d3dx9_43 libraries, and tried with no success.

Solution:

Force internal d3dx9_43 dll with winecfg.
After doing this, all working properly, with winehq 1.8.
-
(Poolek) DELETED by Poolek : Problem fixed
I didn't need to set any library overrides with 0.6K. Having D3DCompiler_43.dll and d3dx9_43.dll in the LFS directory seems enough for me with Wine 1.8. So far I checked only on my laptop with Inteh HD3000 GPU, but it all seemed fine.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG