The online racing simulator
#1 - Rompa
Hotlaps and race in same car?
I was wondering if you must race in the same car as you did in the hotlap, (that was sent in to homepage of OLFS)

Next event has FXO+RB4+XRT as car combo, if I send in a hotlap with a RB4 can I start the race in a FXO for example?
(one car might be faster over 1 lap but be difficult to be consistent in over +30 laps.....)
#2 - nilo
Did you read the rules?

"Also, you must use the same car for hotlaps and race(s)."
#3 - th84
you can always delete the hotlap and send another, as long as you do it before the hotlap deadline.
#4 - Rompa
Sorry, I read the rules twice without seing that line... now I read it for the 3rd time I can see it (and also understand its meaning )

I think I need stonger glasses.
#5 - Renku
Can I change the car DURING hotlapping/qualifying?
Quote from th84 :you can always delete the hotlap and send another, as long as you do it before the hotlap deadline.

And as long as it's not a slower time in the same car.
Quote from Renku :Can I change the car DURING hotlapping/qualifying?

I believe you can upload a FXO with 1:19..then change your mind and go to the GTT and upload a 1:19:10 which is slower but is not the same car,

If however next week you go back to the FXO and upload a 1:20 to lower yourself in the pools...or to race with a team mate lets say.well that's a slower time in a car you already uploaded to OLFS and is frowned upon.

Seems silly to upload a slower time but we've seen it done for various reasons, EGO for one, wanting to win even if you get less points.

But yes you can change your mind and move to a different car...Hey fiendi, if i got that wrong let me know and i'll delete this post.

Good Luck Renku
Quote from Renku :Can I change the car DURING hotlapping/qualifying?

If you uploaded a hotlap that's been driven with RB4 for example, and it's still there when the hotlap uploading closes, that's your car in the race. Before the hotlap deadline you can change the car as many times as you like.
Quote from AtomAnt :And as long as it's not a slower time in the same car.

I believe now is a good time to tell you all that the site is intelligent enough to notice when you upload a slower hotlap.. It will send email about it to me and FienDi and then you will have to explain it to me

This feature is there to prevent sandbagging. We also get informed about new members, subscribers, unsubscibers, hotlap deleting and team changes.

Remember this: if you unsubscribe yourself from the season, the site will erase ALL your points and it's like you were never there. The only way to get those points back is to email FienDi and ask him to restore your points. So if you're a very competitive person and tend to get angry if the race isn't going like you planned.. keep in mind that you have to explain why you unsubscibed because restoring your points is not a small task.
Nice to know the site is smarterer than me.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG