The online racing simulator
What Car on "Fern Bay - Green Track"?
Is there a favorite car for the next OLFSL Event?

I don't know which one to train for, weather FXO, RB4 or XRT?

Hope you guys can help me out!

Thank you!

Greetz!
#2 - Atixt
why not trying them out?

(for real, i have no idea either
im' probably wrong since i don't really know the cars that well, but isn't one a FR, one a FF, and one a 4WD?

the front wheel drive has highest power to weight ratio, though i think the 4wd drive one has highest bhp... dunno, i need a good setup for any of them
According to hotlaps, the fxo is the fastest on fe2. But who knows, maybe over longer distances the xrt or even the rb4 are competitive. Unfortunately I have no idea, as I haven't tested either one since the patch. Actually, I don't even have an online pb in either one on fe2. I guess, I will have to do a lot of practicing ...
Think the FXO is it!
I've tested around a little bit and my oppinion is that the FXO feels good!

The RB4 is good on starting but the FXO is the best choice i think, at least for me! :-)
I'll have to test how it's looking on long distances and maybe the next race will prefer Pit Stops, who knows! (That would be more interesting)
Till now we had no tyre or weight (fuel) problem, but maybe this will change.

Greetz nRcToretto
#6 - Atixt
Quote from nRcToretto :I've tested around a little bit and my oppinion is that the FXO feels good!

The RB4 is good on starting but the FXO is the best choice i think, at least for me! :-)
I'll have to test how it's looking on long distances and maybe the next race will prefer Pit Stops, who knows! (That would be more interesting)
Till now we had no tyre or weight (fuel) problem, but maybe this will change.

Greetz nRcToretto

my tires are smoking after 8 laps, so i guess i have to be more carefull or have 5 pitstops
there is a bit more weight and power going through those front tyres than the last 2 races! I think at least 1 pit stop might be needed
#8 - Renku
Did a test for myself:
GTT - tyres good for 11 laps - best time 1:20.2
RB4 - tyres good for 9 laps - best time 1:20.0
FXO - tyres good for 6 laps - best time 1:19.4
All sets are from Inferno Setup Field; FXO set is biggie's FE Gold set. I only changed the brakes to suit my driving style.
Seems like a hard choice for you, Renku.

I've only tried FXO and XRT so far and I'm probably about a second faster with FXO (need to try offline all by myself, though). Tires don't seem to last as good on FXO as on XRT, but it's currently much easier for me to get consistent times with FXO. However, that may change if I practice XRT more. I would actually like to take the XRT as it's more fun, but I won't if I'm not competitive. Still undecided .
XRT is way more fun, just a bit hairy on that bridge turn and the last turn before start finish, always seem to get it sideways... but its fun hehe i'm sticking with XRT, for the 1 second you gain per lap in the FXO, you're going to lose alot more pitting twice as much.
#11 - swer
FXO tyres
Can't confirm whot Renku was telling about the tyres on the FXO.

Certainly Im alot slower (1.21.30), but I can drive this time in lap 4 and lap 18, and most laps between.
So I belive you can do a 1 stop strategy also with the FXO.

I use the same setup as Renku.
I bet it's even possible to do a no-stop strategy with the FXO (not sure though, as I haven't tried it for 30 laps). It's definitely possible to do with the XRT, though. Just have to keep sliding to a minimum - I'm working on that .
What a dilemma... actually I hate the FXO, the way it feels, the way it sounds, the way it looks, the way it drives. But for all that I'm still almost 1 sec faster with it compared to the other two, which I enjoy much more :banghead: . Think I'll go for FXO anyway, it's about winning after all...
If you can get enough fuel into the FXO then you can go all the way without a pitstop i'm sure, the thing is....the heat of the tryes early on, but once they lose some rubber they should cool down better...hopefully,
XRT - tyres good for >30 laps

I'll go with the rwd and give my pitcrew a day off
I really like LFS, but i really dont understand FXO.
I have no pleasure to drive that sh.....
My impression is to drive boat.
Its not challenging at all.
I think i wont drive next event.
God where is the pleasure to drive that kind of car.
Maybe i should do more training with it....but no.
I wish you all the best, but im not sure to be there.
Not challenging? For me it is the hardest car!!
i like to fight the track and have fun.
With this car i really dont have pleasure.
I feel like driving a soap.
This car is ridiculous.
Thats only my opinion.
Probably some ppl like it.
But physics are so weird.
Defenitly not for me.
FXO is a damn nice car to drive, specially on this track.
And lefty is saying that FXO is one of the closest to real cars in LFS, so go try it again and drive it till You know the trick and start enjoying it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG