The online racing simulator
2014 Kyoto 400 Free Practice #1
Free practice number one will run as though it was an open track qualifying session on Sunday, January 5th at 22:00 GMT. This session will last 60 minutes. TeamSpeak will be required, and jump to pit and spectating will be prohibited UNLESS you are out of control in the racing line or you have been instructed to spectate from Race Control. If you jump to pit or spectate your lap count will reset to 0, but your best lap time will remain on the board.

Kyoto 400 practice session credit will be awarded only to those drivers who are able to run a lap time under 37.85 seconds & complete at least 15 laps.

LFS Server: [WR] Kyoto 400
password: 3775
TeamSpeak: teamspeak.newdimensionracing.com
TS Channel: Pit Wall |or| any of its subsections

This session is designed to allow drivers who are less experianced with oval racing and drafting to learn what to do with runs that they get while running in a group of cars. Our primary goal will not be to get credit for a session, but rather to educate competitors. I will be in the pit wall and avalible for chat and advice at all times during the session, and I encourage competitors to seek advice from those drivers who are quicker in the draft. Those quicker drivers I encourage you to help your fellow competitors as well, though I cannot require you to do so.

I've noticed in years past that most incidents and fusterations have been caused when drivers in a pack don't know how to utilize the draft to advantage all drivers in that group. This leads to two car break-aways more often than not.

Here's a basic guide on how to use the draft to go fast on the KY1 oval. We will try to follow it in this session in order to educate drivers and to get everybody fast enough to obtain credit.

1. Draft in the straights, pass in the corners. Enter each corner with as much speed as possible, regardless of the speed of the rest of the straight.

2. If you cannot draft into a position which will allow you to exit as close to the wall as possible don't pass. Lift and remain inline instead. This will allow your group to go faster and it will make accidents much less likely.

3. Allow passing drvers plenty of room. As long as you have their draft on corner exit you are just fine. In-fact, being too close exiting a corner to the driver in front of you is not as fast as being further away.

These are not rules, but they are a basic guide to how to draft quickly on the Kyoto Ring oval. Master this technique, and the Kyoto 400 will be a much more enjoyable event, and you will perform much better in it as well.
I want to say that I can't do all next sessions.Is this a problem when I already have 2 credits?
Quote from ventspils_619 :I want to say that I can't do all next sessions.Is this a problem when I already have 2 credits?

there is a minimum of 2 credits, so no problem
The required laptime is quite nasty. I have yet to achieve such PB...
Ok... Let's hope I can connect this time..
Edir: Sorry but i am too tired after AWS and i will not come.
Quote from Eclipsed :The required laptime is quite nasty. I have yet to achieve such PB...

Me neither, I'm going to adjust that. Password remains the same though

New required lap time is 37.85 seconds.
Quote from F1 mainiac :i am too tired after AWS and i will not come.

Me too.
37.85 seems achievable - in very good 2 car draft or decent 3 car draft.
wont be there, will be watching dakar :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG