The online racing simulator
Round 4 [FE25] - Information and Discussion
Track: Fern Bay Classic (FE25)
Server Name: '& GenR GTi Trophy' and '& GenR GTi Trophy 2'

Pre-Qualifying Start: Monday, 07.10.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Pre-Qualifying End: Tuesday, 08.10.2013 at 19:00 UTC

Qualifying Start: Wednesday, 09.10.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Race Start: Wednesday, 09.10.2013 at 19:30 UTC

The passwords for pre-qualifying will be sent out at least 3 hours before the start of the session.

The passwords for the 64 fastest confirmed drivers will be sent out after the official pre-qualifying results have been released and the the confirmation period has ended.

You may discuss the race and ask questions in this thread.
server down?
#3 - OTone
Yep, it seems
Quote from kart-36 :server down?

Quote from OTone :Yep, it seems

Yep - how will be the further procedures?
Indeed the server went down. However since only the ammount of people required for one grid pre-qualified, there isn't much need for the extra hour to be rescheduled.
Quote from TheSAgibbs :Indeed the server went down. However since only the ammount of people required for one grid pre-qualified, there is no need for the extra hour to be added.

What's with the people that didn't pre-qual? I wanted to do my lap in the time frame this evening for example.
As it stands there isn't 32 confirmations and you have so just keep your confirmation in.
I try to count the how manyth race I threw away in that Green chicane.
#9 - OTone
And I thought this could be a clean and fair trophy.

There's always one or two bad losers who doesn't accept someone being faster than them.

PS: I was actually thinking about making a protest about what Arttu did on both incidents but for what? Probably he goes away with it or a 5 grid penalty like what happened with Joe and him, he would do the same again so it's pointless.

I'm out of this. Good luck all!
I rolled when trying to avoid rolling. :detective
I'm posting few lines about that protest against me.

Quote from AsnL :Session of Incident (Pre-Qualifying, Qualifying, Race): R
Protestor's LFS Lap:2
Timecode of Incident (EITHER MPR time OR Time of Day): chicane on 2nd lap
Your Car number:99
Protested Car number(s):33
Brief description of incident:#33 didn't leave enough space and went on my driving line, because of that I crashed into the tyres

1. After watching replay you might notice that I made an error entering the chicane.
2. #99 front axle wasn't infront of my rear axle before corner, therefore I did not had to leave a enough space but myself.
3. In the chicane, when #99 front axle passed my rear axle, I had no control over my car.

Sorry, but hoping that anybody leave enough room in situation like that is bit naive. Isn't it?
First of all, sorry for doublepost.

I was checking qualifying replay and I was amazed of ignorance by some drivers who kept crossing the Pit Exit line over and over again. For instance - car #50 crossed line in 3 times during 20 minute qualifying session...

Let me quote point 9.d aka Pit Lane and Stops from Rule Book -
Quote :Cars exiting the Pits must not cross the Pit Exit line with any part of the car.
If two or more tires are over the line a Drive-Through penalty will be put in
place. Driving on the line will not result in a penalty.

P.S - There were even more cars which crossed Pit Exit line, but they did it just one time.
Attached images
#12 - #50 - #6.jpg
#12.jpg
#50.jpg
#50_2.jpg
#99.jpg
#99_2.jpg
During qualifying it's more about affecting eachother's laps than the pit line. The pit line rule is more for the race so we don't tend to enforce it during qualifying and pre-qualifying.
Did I had -6 points for missing number on top/bonnet? If yes, then I suggest to look at back of top - little hint too. It should be pretty visible as rules require.
Quote from TypeRacing :First of all, sorry for doublepost.

I was checking qualifying replay and I was amazed of ignorance by some drivers who kept crossing the Pit Exit line over and over again. For instance - car #50 crossed line in 3 times during 20 minute qualifying session...

I have always been cutting pit exit line on qualifying's and i will do on future too, as long its allowed to do so.

I'm sorry if you lose your night's sleep becouse of my driving. Don't be that strict and try to have fun sometimes while driving. Its alot more fun.

-Otto Taskinen
Quote from TypeRacing :Did I had -6 points for missing number on top/bonnet? If yes, then I suggest to look at back of top - little hint too. It should be pretty visible as rules require.

Derp. Fixed. Sorry.
Quote from ukkojokkis :I have always been cutting pit exit line on qualifying's and i will do on future too, as long its allowed to do so.

I posted it because I find it wrong. As much as I've had experience with racing and its regulations, then I've never seen that general regulations don't apply in all sessions. Yes, I can understand that pre-quali is kind a different in any terms - usually there isn't many cars on track and also it is hard for admins to check it. I ask why crossing the Pit Exit line is allowed in qualifying. Crossing the line and disturbing other driver is almost same dangerous than in race. And yea, disturbing hot lap in qualifying may change race result as much as disturbing during the race. Saying that in qualifying you may cross the line but may not disturb other driver(s) by doing this makes me think why can't you cross pit exit line in the race too, without disturbing ofcourse.

Don't get me wrong - I won't protest. But applying this rule for qualifying session too may discipline drivers more and therefore avoid incidents. After all, this is the ultimate goal we all should reach for.
Of couse i dont cut the line if it disturbing someone. On that track it was more safe to cut the line than drive without cutting. There was cars starting their laps all the time and it was hard to find the spot to start outlap. With cutting i did get out out of the way faster becouse i can do T1 flatout if i cut the exit line, which means i can get out of the way faster.
The rule in quali is do not interfere with anyones laps in any way. That includes pulling infront / into them on their hotlap. We don't bother enforcing the rule in quali as much as there are more important things. Just be careful leaving the pits.
Some say he used to track the flight paths of space shuttles with crayons, on the back of old shopping lists and some say they have no idea what all the colors even mean.
All we know is, he's called the raceonaut.

36J.Holmes
50O.Taskinen
06R.Costa
12A.Ylöstalo
16J.Rantala
81T.Saville
27V.Sofijanic
99M.Garbolewski
19P.Wdowiarz
91M.Blohm
76C.Guerra
72J.-O.Schreiber