The online racing simulator
LFS used to be fun...
(41 posts, closed, started )
lfs is still one of the games i have installed on my computer for the longest amount of time. even if i do not play online very often i have driven thousands of miles in singleplayer and lan races.

the last two years the waiting got really boring and so i do not play that often anymore, also because i have more other stuff to do an less time.

what i still do not understand is why the attitude of the devs to the community has cooled down so much. lfs was so special with this ongoing development and the active community that wanted nothing but help scavier make lfs the best racing simulator ever. what other game that you played was so good even in its alpha stages?

so my biggest grief is still that they decided not to give us the vws and the lx8 for reasons that are not really valid in my eyes. i does not matter for the fun if the physics are not 100% accurate and we have to learn it all over again when the new physics get released anyways! even with the state lfs is in today it is still one of the best, if not the best racing simulator ever!
also it can´t be that hard to open that little industrial area in south city to expand the existing track untill new tracks for s3 are finished.

but i think slowly it is over - people are getting tired of waiting turn away, what is really sad, because then the devs have one less reason to do anything to keep the existing users happy.

on the playstation they even released a gran tourismo "prolog" at some point and people went crazy buying it because they were hungry for new stuff even if it was not a full game.

so scavier if you need money then please release something small as a intermediate update to bridge the waiting gap to s3 with new physics, day and night time and weather effects (and a rally pack...)!!!
we will buy it!

thank you!

peace, mo
^^^that

the master server isn't down, this game isn't be dead at all and I have confidence that they are still working
LFS S2 demo, XFG races. That was the most fun I ever had with LFS.
When TBO racing was the norm.
Quote from Mustangman759 :24 hour races are still here, WR's are still here, you can always make new friends. and IGTC/MoE have been replaced by GT WS basically. problem?

Be cool, stay in school. The OP asked what everyones best memories are from LFS.
my best memories are a very active community to developer relationship in the longest alpha stage of any of all the games i ever played in my whole life!
also the fact that this alpha version was better feeling than most of all other fully developed games even get after a lot of patching.
the best was the netcode which was very stable from the beginnig and allowed us real bumper to bumper racing what is not possible in some other games up to this day!

so, now give me the lx8 and the unfinished scirocco and some south city industrial to drive it on to get a bunch of new good memories!

peace, mo
Im sure i've had tons of great races, its just been so long i dont remember any.

Only thing i remember was getting WR with the FZR@ westhill without the super raised nose (aero bug, raised nose increased forward motion) so everyone was exploiting the bug, except me, and beat them without having to exploit .

Edit: omg its been a almost a decade since these new forums opened, holy.... wow. Certainly puts LFS as one of the slowest developed games in history.
I think Duke Nukem Forever will forever maintain the title as "slowest game ever"
I must admit that I've always thought updates will come out but just take ages but recently I'm starting to worry that Scawen may have given up on lfs.

I guess the yearly christmas dev update will tell all but I can't help feel that we will get the same response again that tyre physics are still being worked on....

Hope I'm wrong!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think Duke Nukem Forever will forever maintain the title as "slowest game ever"

Second best is also a great achievement!
Quote from Alric :I must admit that I've always thought updates will come out but just take ages but recently I'm starting to worry that Scawen may have given up on lfs.

I guess the yearly christmas dev update will tell all but I can't help feel that we will get the same response again that tyre physics are still being worked on....

Hope I'm wrong!

call him and ask

lets sign up a tuition (did i said it right? ) like they did with GTA V pc .
and then he will realise that there are so many pp waiting for S3 .
Quote from RMachucaA :Im sure i've had tons of great races, its just been so long i dont remember any.

Only thing i remember was getting WR with the FZR@ westhill without the super raised nose (aero bug, raised nose increased forward motion) so everyone was exploiting the bug, except me, and beat them without having to exploit .

Edit: omg its been a almost a decade since these new forums opened, holy.... wow. Certainly puts LFS as one of the slowest developed games in history.

I remember you! We used to have good races.... til you got fast.

"Certainly puts LFS as one of the slowest developed games in history."
Yeah it is. I heard that the development is SOOO slow, the next car they make for it is going to be a little yellow school bus.
Quote from Racer Y :I remember you! We used to have good races.... til you got fast.

"Certainly puts LFS as one of the slowest developed games in history."
Yeah it is. I heard that the development is SOOO slow, the next car they make for it is going to be a little yellow school bus.

Almost 4 years later.... and not much has changed lol!
Quote from RMachucaA :Almost 4 years later.... and not much has changed lol!

We get some changes someone make yellow school bus for lfs ;D
It's still fun. I just played it and did 3 heists. Well failed once, but still finished 2 with great results.

More to come tomorrow maybe.
Don't think we need to resurrect 4 year old threads with depressing titles.

In fact there is a gradual increase in online activity going on at the moment, with the closure of pereulok and the new pricing system.
http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=hosts&whichTab=licensed_history&t=30

The developers' job is to work on new content and features. We are doing that.

The customers' job is to get online and have fun racing. Please join in! Smile
This thread is closed

LFS used to be fun...
(41 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG