The online racing simulator
Round 1 [BL1] - Information and Discussion
Track: Blackwood GP Track (BL1)
Server Name: '& GenR GTi Trophy' and '& GenR GTi Trophy 2'

Pre-Qualifying Start: Monday, 02.09.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Pre-Qualifying End: Tuesday, 03.09.2013 at 19:00 UTC

Qualifying Start: Wednesday, 04.09.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Race Start: Wednesday, 04.09.2013 at 19:30 UTC

The passwords for pre-qualifying will be sent out at least 3 hours before the start of the session.

The passwords for the 64 fastest confirmed drivers will be sent out after the official pre-qualifying results have been released and the the confirmation period has ended.

You may discuss the race and ask questions in this thread.
So many XFGs... *sigh*..could just ram u all off in a FZR
XFG ftw
I don't think the air-restriction rule will work... but we'll see...
Quote from Ippetus :I don't think the air-restriction rule will work... but we'll see...

I'm not sure what exactly you mean?
XRG air-restriction. I'm quite sceptic that XFG will rule the series... I hope i'm wrong

And yes indeed quite a lot of XFG's
Quote from Ippetus :XRG air-restriction. I'm quite sceptic that XFG will rule the series... I hope i'm wrong

And yes indeed quite a lot of XFG's

I'm quite confident that the XFG will be a competitive car over the course of the season, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :I'm quite confident that the XFG will be a competitive car over the course of the season, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I won't. I'm more worried about XRG to be competitive as i'm going with it.
Will there be a live stream ?
At the moment we are pretty sure there will not be a live stream until further notice.
Quote :Please also make use of both servers for qualifying, with the ammount of sign ups we have it may be needed!

Why do we have to use both servers?
Quote from Flame CZE :Why do we have to use both servers?

It is for your comfort mate, just to allow you to do clean laps without traffic...he did not said it was a must!
Wrong password? That i got in my pm's...
Quote from Ippetus :Wrong password? That i got in my pm's...

Currently the Pre-Quali password is active on the server, the race password will be set at 18:30 UTC. See the Pre-Quali PM you got on Monday.
Quote from TheSAgibbs :Currently the Pre-Quali password is active on the server, the race password will be set at 18:30 UTC. See the Pre-Quali PM you got on Monday.

Ok, thanx!
Server 2 has 3 people in is all ok? Where is everyone? epic fail
Quote from anttt69 :Server 2 has 3 people in is all ok? Where is everyone? epic fail

So, will we have race with 3 drivers? How's the server 1?
There's still 35 minutes until the event and 20 minutes of the start is qualifying, people have time. Also, Grid 2 is smaller than Grid 1.
Some website told me UTC was same as BST?. my mistake.
BST is British Summer Time, which England is currently in. BST is UTC+1 (One hour ahead). So 19:00 in UTC is 20:00 in BST.
Also, GMT is the same as UTC (give or take a couple of seconds)
Quote from TheSAgibbs :Both drivers will be given a warning for this as on both occasions car 36 did set a faster lap time giving him 2 places in the qualifying. A repeat of this will result in an elevation of the penalty.

Surely a warning isn't a sufficient deterrent to stop other people doing it again in the future. And if other people will get a harsher penalty if they do it, then surely then it's like they arent even getting a penalty?

The idea of a penalty is that it either evens up the situation, or makes someone worse off for cheating. I just don't like if someone gets a "warning" for gaining an advantage unfairly. Surely the penalty isn't about making me happy, but it just doesn't seem like a deterrent. He only gained a few .0x because those laps werent that good, but he could have gained .2(maybe more) if he hadn't made the mistakes on those laps, which is a big deal and makes the warning worth it. It just seems like you made a random decision without really thinking about the concequences of it. It's just meant to be a fun league, yea - but then why should they cheat in the first place? Surely I'm not the only 1 who thinks drafting shouldnt be allowed
im going to agree with isaac.

basically you are giving people 1 chance to do this as they know all they will get is warning.
Drafting isn't allowed in pre-qualifying or qualifying, if both parties know what they were doing. In this case we are sure they did. I see your point about making a warning worth it and indeed it won't prevent anything in future if a warning is all that happens until a repeat...

As a result and revision of the incident with other Admins, we will give them both a 5-place grid drop in Round 2's Wednesday qualifying session.
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
You assisted in the drafting / causing the slipstream for #36. You deliberately put yourself infront of him and made sure you stayed near him by controlling your throttle and then spectating at the end of the straight so he had a clear run. He also made sure to stay behind you the whole straight. You were interfering and he made sure to let it work.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG