The online racing simulator
GTO 2014: Rules
Hello racers!

You can find the 2014 Genuine Racing GT Open here.

It's a document with roughly 15 pages, mostly explaining all procedures and which penalties may be given for incidents and violations of various rules. It also explains the driver rankings more closely. The series administration reserves the right to edit the document at any time should we feel it is necessary.

If you find any errors of spelling, numbering, or loopholes in the rules, please let me know.
Bit strange to have the ruling like this, considering most people are in the "Gold" category since dwindling grids on some combos make it easy to achieve the results. I would say it's going to be very difficult to find someone who is "silver" or "bronze" status. Is there any chance of a Pro class Gold-Gold?
I like the concept, but I fear it might be a bit difficult to find somebody that's not gold
By these criteria even my brother is gold.

But still, whats the point when a pro-driver can just pre-q their team and dominate. Maybe allot a maximum amount of spots for PRO-AM to give more lower level teams a chance?
Could always give a Gold+Gold pairing some ballast like British GT does with certain pairings.
#7 - CSF
well then I won't be participating lol
Allowing Pro-Pro combinations for the Pro-Am cup with the disadvantage of having to run ballast is being considered.

And to the Pro drivers can qualify, Pro drivers qualify Pro-Am cars from where they start very often, look at real life.

EDIT: I just noticed I published the one with the wrong criteria for the lower ranks, will make sure it's updated soon.
I don't know if we should consider pro+pro pairing, this champ is meant to be 75% for real amateur, we allow pairing of different levels to challenge the more advanced driver to teach the amateur to improve his skills and pace...This is an attempt to do something different and there is more than enough stuff for Pro drivers, also I don't want to go through the discussion about the added ballast as it would have to be so high that pro+pro would not have a chance to win!

Rule book has been updated!
The CityLiga ranking is not quite a reliable measurement in my opinion. Considering there were 3 grids, some people, who e.g. signed up later in the season or whose prequalifying result did not match their true potential (and therefore entered a lower grid), could easily score a top3 finish in grid 3, while having a Grid 2 / Grid 1 pace.

I don't say that my wins in Grid 2 were easy as pie, but I felt I could've competed better in Grid 1 although I'd have scored fewer points.

And I think troy is a good example. If I'm not wrong, he entered the season at a later stage and therefore scored a lot of top3 finishes in Grid 3.

:twocents:
Quote from Flame CZE :The CityLiga ranking is not quite a reliable measurement in my opinion. Considering there were 3 grids, some people, who e.g. signed up later in the season or whose prequalifying result did not match their true potential (and therefore entered a lower grid), could easily score a top3 finish in grid 3, while having a Grid 2 / Grid 1 pace.

I don't say that my wins in Grid 2 were easy as pie, but I felt I could've competed better in Grid 1 although I'd have scored fewer points.

And I think troy is a good example. If I'm not wrong, he entered the season at a later stage and therefore scored a lot of top3 finishes in Grid 3.

:twocents:

It should be mentioned that only Grid 1 races will be considered. Sure, the competition on the sharp end of the field is sometimes faster in G2/3, but I think it's only logical for the top grid to be considered in this system.
Will be Kyoto 500 counted as lfscart event?
Quote from Denny12 :Will be Kyoto 500 counted as lfscart event?

Oval events will be completely exempt from the results.
If this series is aimed at Am drivers, I would like to see a rule that a gold driver can not qualify or pre-qualify.

With the way things are now, yes it is good that you are not allowed to have a gold-gold team, but the pre qualifying server will just be filled with gold drivers and the inexperienced teams will really struggle to even gain entry into an event. This will be very similar to the past GT(1/2)WS in that the really small teams, or very new drivers do not (can not) take part because they are trying to out qualify very fast drivers. This series is for newer drivers, let the new drivers earn their way into the race...don't depend on whoever has the fastest buddy.
+1 about the AM drivers doing qual.
No OWRL
Quote from jmeade :If this series is aimed at Am drivers, I would like to see a rule that a gold driver can not qualify or pre-qualify.

With the way things are now, yes it is good that you are not allowed to have a gold-gold team, but the pre qualifying server will just be filled with gold drivers and the inexperienced teams will really struggle to even gain entry into an event. This will be very similar to the past GT(1/2)WS in that the really small teams, or very new drivers do not (can not) take part because they are trying to out qualify very fast drivers. This series is for newer drivers, let the new drivers earn their way into the race...don't depend on whoever has the fastest buddy.

Really good point there.
Don't forget that we split the field in two categories, so half of the grid will be bronze or silver drivers for sure...in the higher categories there will be more pros of course, but I think it is a good way to show the level they have to achieve....but we'll give this one some thoughts!
ok, just to confirm (I may have missed this is the rules), but after pre-Q the top 15 Pro-am and the top 15 Am cars are granted a starting spot?

That is a step in the right direction, and ultimately it is your decision on how to run your series. Personally, I would rather see gold drivers not be able to pre-Q to make this an Am driver series mainly because it is running at the same as the GTWS...let the GTWS be for the big dogs (and let them pair with the Am's in this series), and let this be a more Am focused series running parallel to GTWS...again it is ultimately your guys choice, and I think you are making steps in the right direction
The rules have been updated. All changes are highlighted in yellow.

Basically, instead of the top 30 teams making it through into the main event at all times, the top 15 from the PRO-AM and AM Cups will do so from now on, meaning that PRO drivers qualifying in the PRO-AM will no longer be a problem for AM teams. Should there be fewer than 15 cars of any category, the grid will be filled with cars from the other category.
Glad to see admins really applying what drivers think. It's awesome indeed. I think this series has potential to replace GTAL in a good way. And also is more level than GT2WS and GT1WS. Will force a team's best drivers to split up in multiple cars etc
If a series is not exactly starting tomorrow we are always open to suggestions if we feel they are sensible.
Can you clarify rule G.12?

What if a team's slower driver is not seen driving until the race?

Also rule G.10? I thought only FZR was available??

Also, I 1.5 has a typo. I assume you mean "this" and not "his".

GTO 2014: Rules
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG