The online racing simulator
Event 2, Blackwood GP & XF GTi
Hope this is alright I start this thread :o Pre and After race discussions.

I hope everyone has a good race here, it will be some close racing in the top Pools, no doubt. As for me, I cannot participate in Event 2, I planned to go camping for Friday - Sunday . But oh well, good luck and have fun everyone
I think the GTI is a very good car for this track - its one of the first car's you drive on LFS - with it being in the demo etc...

What speed do you guys take the sweeping right hander at? (the corner after the long straight), i usually manage to peg it on a decent set at around 63

The only problem I find with the GTi is that it can be very slidey until the tires are warmed up, after a few laps its usually spot on but care and attention will be needed on the first few laps...

Anyways, I'm going to keep hotlapping and trying to improve my qualifying but for now, best of luck with qualifying and see you on sunday
Seems like I'll suck at this event big time. Just got a wheel and haven't really gotten into it, yet. Problem is, that Windows won't recognize the joystick anymore, so it's either annoying tweaking with os or slow laps with wheel
owch, whats up with the wheel - ? it might mean you needing to tweak your settings on LFS or your setup on the car - the handling of the GTi can be skittish at first as i mentioned
Quote from f1r3b4ll :owch, whats up with the wheel - ? it might mean you needing to tweak your settings on LFS or your setup on the car - the handling of the GTi can be skittish at first as i mentioned

No mate, I mean I just got the wheel in first place, so a bit of learnign period underway Little less than second behind my joystick-driven-pb and closing.. stability starts to find too
#6 - nilo
Quote from f1r3b4ll :
What speed do you guys take the sweeping right hander at? (the corner after the long straight), i usually manage to peg it on a decent set at around 63

63 mph? (which would be about 101 kph)
I think once or twice I did it with 108 kph (67 mph) :headbang:, usually I have like 105k (65m) on my speedo
Anyone else having problems like this?

hehe, hasn't happened to me for a long time - actually the last time was prepatch, I think, but I'm sure it's still possible if not easy to do
#9 - S0ul
im actually kinda scared of this because i flipped three times in the tune up race...im really not into this combo,ive been a demo drive for half a year and i havent driven anything but this........I still suck^^
10 Pools
Right then, we have a record 10 pools this race.

While it sounds good, I'm sure you can imagine the complexity of managing 10 different races within such a short time frame on sunday.

As Mrs FienDi stated on the olfsl site, if you're late then the hosts have the final say if you race or not - please do your best to be on time, I'm hosting 3 pools and racing in one tomorrow, I'm not gonna take no messing about as a host this weekend - best behaviour please boys and girls!

Good luck though everyone, hope you all get a good result, be careful in turns one and two, there is no point having a pile up and being out of the race with 39 laps to go, everyone practice their braking, that includes me
Ant
I'm only hosting two now, Nassa Ant has taken pool 7 from me, but I'm still gonna be a strict host lol
Good luck to everyone for tonights race, im second on the grid in pool 9 - hoping to get my first finish of the season...

Tips for tonight:

Concentration - this goes for everyone, id say the biggest risk tonight is not other racers but the track itself, and even more so when your on your own as you can easily let your guard slip, be wary of turns 2 + 3 (chicane) or else we'll be driving past you on your roof , the same warning goes for the last sweeping chicane, if you clip that left kerb your guaranteed to lose it.

Overtaking - well these cars ain't exactly bombing it round the track are they, but yet still drafting will hold a little boost for you, time it just so you are on the throttle down the main straight before the guy in front and you should have enough space to pass him.

Strategy - fuel will be important tonight, the higher leagues may be opting for the speed of a two stop strategy, whereas myself will be opting for a onestop strategy, purely because after about 15-20 laps i find the car difficult to keep complete control of, sure i can slide round the corners but this is not a sensible option when other racers are involved. Cars tend to use about 1.2 per lap so use that accordingly

no stop - around 45 litres (if you can get that much, never done it myself)
1 stop - around 25 litres - stopping around lap 20
2 stops - around 18 litres - stopping around lap 15 and lap 30
you mean percent not litres?
POOL 8

Race went as smooth as it could be, except for a couple guys that flipped over in the chicane at T1 . I myself was once on the edge of ending on my roof, but a rough wheel movement put it quickly back on its 4 wheels.

Everyone raced super clean and even lapping wasnt as over exciting as it gets at times.

Thumbs up for everyone in there and everyone in OLFSL for creating such a fun league!

EDIT: Oh, and no pits was clearly the way to go...tires were perfect at the end.
thanks for the pits info burnout, 50% fuel?
cool 50% fuel sounds about enough :-) pool 10 here lol o_0
I suggest you guys check how much fuel is needed per lap and do the math
I was having great fun till lap 22, when I had to get some fuel in. getting back on track at last place I was waiting for the others to do the same, but they didn't. For a few laps I tried to close the (huge) gap but I realised it wouldn't work so I drove the last 10 laps easy to the finish.

Apart from this mistake in my strategy I had e great first race with OLFSL and I'd like to thank all that are putting so much effort in it to let us have a great time!
Pool 1
Ah well.... This was maybe the best racing in GTi on BL1 I had so far, very very close and hard competing. But it was a bit too hard sometimes as some people still don't seem to use look right feature. First KingNothing pushed me off over the curbs in final part of the chicane when we were completely parallel, didn't give me a single cm of room but I only lost few places there so no big deal. Few laps later (lap 20 or 21) Thommm did the same this time on entry to the chicane when I think I was more than half way beside him... nowhere to go and I flipped - race over.

Some might say "don't go parallel with someone in the chicane", but I did it with Rudi without any problems, and maybe with someone else too also earlier in this race, so I was confident to go there.

Well, nevermind, it was great fun while it lasted. I'm not officially complaining, all is fine.

Bawbag might be angry with me as we touched in turn after the backstraight (somewhere around lap 7-8) but I think I was inside quite enough, and the collision was a bit nastier than it should've been due to little lag. Sorry that he crashed and lost a lot but I don't think it was my fault, although I can admit I could've gone inside a foot or two more as we were turning in.

Its lap 35 as I type this and Mac and Jonesy are having a great battle for the lead.
Hi,

i'd like to apologize i couldnt race.

I was stucked in bed all sunday because i was ill.
I couldnt inform you before.
I am really Sorry.

cheers,
Well from where I was I left pleanty of room on the inside, enough for your car to go by and you used me to get round the corner and it ended up with me on my side, luckily the car landed on all 4 wheels and after losing about 20 seconds I was back on track.

Was a good race however apart form the 20 laps I was playing catch up! Managed to get a few places back but I still think that's bollocks.
well.. i couldnt join the server... it wasnt on the list nor in specific game

Regards
Bawbag, I saw the replay, it was lap 11 and I still think the same, I was inside enough. I could've gone in a bit more but really it wasn't much.
Pool 10 here - cant get into the server - wrong password
me too, I can't get in to pool 10

Event 2, Blackwood GP & XF GTi
(56 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG