The online racing simulator
Season 1 - Round 1 Blackwood GP
(65 posts, closed, started )
Since my last post was ignored i will post what my problem was again Ok, i think ITEK did a great job in both the GT1 and GT2 but unfortunately a GT2 driver had problems and was not able to take over from me so we had to get a driver to step in his place but this cost us alot as i had made my last pit stop and we were also leading the race but after i came out of pits about 3 laps later i had to pit again to let another driver take over or we would of been disqualified from the race and this cost us so much time and i recon it mebe cost us the race...But i seen something else when i was racing and that was in the GT1 car of ITEK we got a blue flag and this really got to me as i was in the GT2 car and was in 2nd place to Cyber at the time and in between me and misko was 1st racing who i was comming around to lap and they did not make any effort to move what so ever and after beeping and flashing my lights he still did not let me past. Now this went on for at least 4 laps and he was under a blue flag for at least 4 laps yet nothing was said. In the end i had to catch his draft down the start finish straight to get past him which i should not of had to do after so many laps.
B11TME i'm sorry about that, i think the driver of 1ST thought the blue flags were from the GT1 cars coming to lap, it is a new style of racing and i was expecting such incidents but drivers will learn
#53 - Vain
I also had bad exerience with the 1ST XFR which tried to bump me off the track twice, but I couldn't file a report because I couldn't get the replay from the officials. So you're not alone B11TME.
(I made it past that dangerous driver without harm and thus didn't press the issue, though he would easily have ended both our races if I hadn't reacted fast enough)

Vain
Quote from Vain :tried to bump me off

In all honesty, I think there is a better way to put that. I'm 100% sure none of our drivers tries to bump someone off.
Also, if you just contact Scoop, I think there's no problem for you to get the replay file. Edit: kaspur's posted it already, above
the replay is in this thread posted by kaspur scrool up
#56 - Vain
As I said, no need to press the issue as no one came to harm beside some sheets of metal. And as far as I know the replay is on it's way.
[Edit]
Thank you Scoop and kaspur for uploading it.

Vain
Quote from Scoop :B11TME i'm sorry about that, i think the driver of 1ST thought the blue flags were from the GT1 cars coming to lap, it is a new style of racing and i was expecting such incidents but drivers will learn

Thats ok i accept the apology but in at least 4 laps its hard to mistake if its a GT1 car behind him or not because it would easly of overtaken him in 4 laps lol. I really like the idea of the event but i really hope its not 1 set of rules for us and another set for 1st Racing because it sorta looked that way in that race but because its a new event i will say no more.
It's not 1 set of rules for 1ST and 1 set of rules for the rest, i have viewed the incidents, and tbh i was expecting such things to hapen, drivers are not used to the 2 class thing and how they should react when a GT1 car is behind and they are also battleing with a fellow GT2, it was very agresive driving from Thomas on some ocasions but it didn't end youre race, it didn't damge youre car, so i consider them racing incidents and don't think only the 1ST XFR had agresive driving from time to time there were a lot more incidents similar which i also consider as racing incidents (ex: Lap 123 between Muroc FZR and 1ST FZR, Muroc FZR closes the door on the apex in turn3 and causes the 1ST FZR to spin) and many more look at the replay closely, if i would have given a penalty to every single car that touched eachother then every team would have goten some penalty, i'm waiting to see what hapens in round 2 if this agresive driving continues then mesure will be taken, but i hope for a clean race where i don't have to give out any penalties.
Will you be writing a race report scoop? I remember you (atleast I tink it was you) wrote a good report for a MoE race one time, would be nice to have one for the previous race too.
I was not talking about agresive driving I was talking about Thomas not moving over on a blue flag for at least 4 laps thats all.....I never said about any punishment m8 i was just not happy with him not moving out of the way under a blue flag for so long.....I know in real life this would not go down to well. Its over and done with now and i have no hard feeling about it but i just wanted to state what he done thats all.. Cant wait untill next race.
Quote from B11TME :I was not talking about agresive driving I was talking about Thomas not moving over on a blue flag for at least 4 laps thats all.....I never said about any punishment m8 i was just not happy with him not moving out of the way under a blue flag for so long.....I know in real life this would not go down to well. Its over and done with now and i have no hard feeling about it but i just wanted to state what he done thats all.. Cant wait untill next race.

Don't worry man, I was stuck behind backmarkers a few times too. And they didn't get a penalty either.
Uhm, i was stuck behind a car which was one lap infront of me :o

Rest of the race not very problematic i think, it will always be small incidents when so much slower cars are competing at the same time as the fast GTR's.
Cropsy i am gona try next evening if i get bored to make a report, and yes i did the report for the MoE 6h Ky Nat race.
I think in endurance racing blue flag meanings are a bit different. Its basically a warning (information) that LFS gives you that car behind you is one (or more) laps ahead of you. And thats it. This gets even more confusing if someone disconnects and comes back and gets blue flags all the time even though he is NOT really behind those cars, LFS doesn't count those laps before a disconnect. I'm not talking about two different classes here. B11TME and Thommm were basically at very similar pace as far as I could see during my first stint. Thommm had some problems and ended up 1 lap behind us but still driving fast like he was before. I really don't think he should've moved over right away, and he did just what I would do in that situation: drive like you always do and if car behind DOES catch you up then just don't make it difficult for him to get past you. I mean, if someone is unlucky to loose a lap that doesn't mean his race is over and has to automatically make way for everybody else, he IS allowed to get back and unlap himself and still do best he can.

It comes down to this: if youre not on the same lap (regardless if youre behind or in front in lap count) just make it easy for the quicker driver to get through when you get close to eachother.
When does unlucky come into it Misko? I was faster than he was and he was blocking me from catching you and you were in 1st place. He was not fighting for a place at the point and he was holding me up that means he has to move over on a blue flag and to be under a blue flag for at least 4 laps is a bit mad. The blue flag rule does not take effect if the driver in front is faster than what i am there for being able to try and unlap himself but that was not the case he was not faster.
This thread is closed

Season 1 - Round 1 Blackwood GP
(65 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG