The online racing simulator
Round 1 (KY2) - Information and Discussion
Track: Kyoto Ring National (KY2)
Server Name: '& GenR GT Masters' and '& GenR GT Masters 2'

Qualifying Start: Friday, 21.06.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Qualifying End: Saturday, 22.06.2013 at 19:00 UTC
Start of Race: Sunday, 23.06.2013 at 17:30 UTC

The passwords for qualifying will be sent out at least 3 hours before the start of the session.

The passwords for the 30 fastest confirmed drivers will be sent out after the official qualifying results have been released and the the confirmation period has ended.

You may discuss the race and ask questions in this thread. Time to get this started!
what is wrong with server?
im not able to join server like 3-4h (time out) ..and iv seen intre is racing there like 2-3 times in that period...

dafaq
im just 2 gut xd
Quote from undertaker00 :what is wrong with server?
im not able to join server like 3-4h (time out) ..and iv seen intre is racing there like 2-3 times in that period...

dafaq

Some firewall problem yesterday, should be ok now.

Round one of GT1C and TT had very close quali, many fast drivers struggle to get in to the races... on paper this should be even closer with already 110+ signups, it is going to be an insane 24h quali!
I've a feeling that I won't even make it in Top30.. But, well, have to do my best.
Best of luck to everyone else who are participating in this round!
Now let's bet how many of those ~114 signed-up people will actually do the races
Quote from Flame CZE :Now let's bet how many of those ~114 signed-up people will actually do the races

More than enough from the looks of it even if half of them never attempt to qualify.
Most of them will drive only one round then they will just "idgaf" xD because 1st round wont go well for them.

Edit. I hope u will do good .rar with skins
#9 - vinsu
very few drivers with FXR, it is difficult to be classified in any top 30. To those who like the FXR, leave us with no option, obviously the cars are not matched ....... this will be a championship between the FZR and XRR., I know you will say that you use one of the other cars, but then because there is the option to take the FXR?

regards

Translate with the google traductor.....sorry
Quote from vinsu :very few drivers with FXR, it is difficult to be classified in any top 30. To those who like the FXR, leave us with no option, obviously the cars are not matched ....... this will be a championship between the FZR and XRR., I know you will say that you use one of the other cars, but then because there is the option to take the FXR?

regards

Translate with the google traductor.....sorry

Last 4 rounds are FXR tracks mate
Not really, FXR isn't really the fastest car on any combination, it's restriction is just plain wrong
The FXR isn't meant to be as competitive as the two RWD cars are. If it was as fast as them it would not really be anywhere near as hard to drive top times as it is with XRR or FZR. On top of that, 4WD is also banned in all forms of international motorsport outside of rallying, so it wouldn't exactly be realistic either.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :The FXR isn't meant to be as competitive as the two RWD cars are. If it was as fast as them it would not really be anywhere near as hard to drive top times as it is with XRR or FZR.

You say that but (no offense intended with this) I bet that if you balanced it so that the fastest guy can go as fast with an FXR as an XRR, you wouldnt be better off taking an FXR for example as you're more experienced with an XRR and in GT2 they're all fairly easy to drive but driving and being fast are a different story . But I agree with the other bit that you said, I don't really care that the FXR isn't restricted competitively with the FZR/XRR - the vast majority wouldn't drive it anyway

But balancing an FXR is a nightmare because its strengths and weaknesses are completely different to the other 2 cars. At the end of the day they're all different cars, and balancing them all together is pretty much impossible to get something which everyone will agree with. Added onto that which car works out to be better will depend on what other people take means that a small difference like there is with FZR to XRR = most of the top guys are using XRR and theres always a risk of doing something different because you can finish behind 5-6 XRR's in an XRR favoured round, but only narrowly beat your rival in an FZR favoured round for example.
With GT2 however it would be incredibly easier to get it competitive enough for top 10 pace. Will never happen in GT1 unless track choice was of that in 2011 IGTC, which was solely FXR style tracks.
I also think that we could try decreasing FXR restriction 1-2% in order to be little more competitive..
It wont be again as fast as FZR and XRR but at least it would be more choosable and fun to drive against others.

Why dont we try this i dont think there is something to lose..

For example i am willing to try a FXR with little less restriction.

Just a personal opinion no attack to anyone..
Its standard gt2 restriction for fxr and fxrs greatest strength isn't fastest lap. This story about fxr is getting started only because of first round on ky2 where its heavily underdog and this type of qualifying and huge field doesn't suit fxr drivers. On the other hand, if restriction is changed fxr will possibly be fastest car in right hands so its a no no.
IRL 4x4 have been banned from track racing for years, they are only allowed in rally's...so maybe the solution is to banned them on lfs too, that would save us quite a few discussions.

And I do agree with Fade, FXR looks slower than it is because top drivers rarely drive it...to me it is a bit like an easy car to start with, like a first step before driving the real cars!

And it is not like we are forcing anyone to driver it!
Won't be attending, there's Le Mans, I have over work on friday and really it's bad placement of a race
Quote from Dennis93 :Won't be attending, there's Le Mans, I have over work on friday and really it's bad placement of a race

The race is on Sunday evening!
Quote from Framaris :The race is on Sunday evening!

How fresh will I be after watching 24 hours of Le Mans?
Quote from Dennis93 :How fresh will I be after watching 24 hours of Le Mans?

How old are you?
20 years old, I work EVERY day of the week, 8-16.

One must sleep at least 6-8 hours every day.

If i miss sleep for that being 10 Saturday morning to 17-18 Sunday evening, and then race GT Masters, I believe there is something in these numbers that doesn't add up.

But thanks for asking, I'm 20 years old.
Well, I am 43, work 10 to 12h a day, sleep 3 to 5 hours a night...will be watching the 24H...and racing GT Masters (if I manage to quali ofc).

Sometimes I really feel like that new generation is very weak and fragile!
Quote from Framaris :Well, I am 43, work 10 to 12h a day, sleep 3 to 5 hours a night...will be watching the 24H...and racing GT Masters (if I manage to quali ofc).

Sometimes I really feel like that new generation is very weak and fragile!

I'd work more hours a day, if I like you, Worked at home with something I liked.

It's 2 different things.
Of course it is different, I mean working at home do ask more discipline as there are much more distractions around, like LFS!...and when you work at home you are never finished...also, even when you make your job out of your hobby, it doesn't remain your hobby very long, believe me!
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG