The online racing simulator
TiC MayDay edition
For those,who have crashing others as their hobby,anger managment or maybe only skill,we have good news:
You don't have to wait a whole year between This is Crasmaaas !!! events,because there is

the 1st May derby event 2013
Wednesday, 1st May, 20:00 EET / 19:00 CET / 17:00 UTC

Race [un]Green Events presents: between crashmas there is now another event to fill gap in racing of this kind. This time the 115HP FWD car XFG will be used on a different track,which this time is 100% paved. This event just like it's original will also have only few basic rules regarding behaviour on track,otherwise - feel free to impress your opponents physically,divebombing and P.I.T. maneuvers more than welcome! Event will consist from different parts - qualifying,where each driver just sets his laptimes to decide starting places,heats,where the fight starts to get physical for the chance for final,the final,where best will be decided and a bonus run,where everyone will get a final chance to let out rage on masses!

The event starts 20:00 EET / 19:00 CET / 17:00 UTC with hotlap qualifying,everyone who wants to take part,should be in server before the start of it,but arrival deadline is 20 minutes after start of qualifying (it's the minimum lenght of it),everyone who comes later will be able just to watch and take part only in bonus run - noone without qualifying will be allowed to take part in main event.

The event will be held in Aston MayDay Track:

Track can be used in it's full width - legal area is from wall to wall,choose the best line yourself!
More information about track and download can be found HERE

Now some information about the parts of this event:

Qualifying:
The hotlap qualifying will be used here. Every driver will have 1 outlap and 2 timed hotlaps laps,the best lap counts as per standart LFS qualifying. The order will be decided by connection list - from top to bottom. Each driver will receive 2 simple commands from race administration:
[drivername] - join - driver joins and stops his car right before entry of track (right before the yellow line)
[drivername] - go! - driver enters the track for his qualifying run
Everyone else is expected to stay in spectators until called for his run!
Qualifying will determine starting order for most of runs!

Heats:
Heats will be 10 laps long and will be used to determine drivers eligible for the final. Heat run amount and levels (as semifinal or quarterfinal) will depend from number of drivers taking part,but every heat will be run with no more than 6 drivers,best 2 finishers atomatically qualifies for next level (final or semifinal),except the last chance run where more drivers could start if needed and it will be just 6 laps long!
For example - if there are 13-18 drivers,all will be divided into 3 heats (from qualifying results - 1st in heat 1,2nd - heat 2,3rd - heat 3,4th - heat 3,5th - heat 2,6th - heat 1,7th - heat 1,etc). Best 2 from each heat qualifies for final,the rest will run in last chance run for remaining 4 postions in final.
In case there are 12 or less drivers,only 2 heats will be run,where best 3 qualifies,the rest goes for last chance run.
If there are more than 18 drivers,the first round of heats will determine best 18 to take part in semifinal heats which will be run just like in example.

The final:
The final is the run where the event official winner will be decided - it will be 20 laps long and only best 10 drivers through qualifying and heats will be able to fight for bragging rights! The starting order will be decided partially from heats and qualifying - for example if there were 3 heats,all 3 heat winners will start from top 3 places,order for that will be determined by qualifying results,all 3 heat 2nd place finishers will take 4th-6th places on start with same ordering,last chance run qualifyers will be ordered just by qualifying results.

The Bonus run:
It's the ultimate carnage - everyone in server will be able to take part in this 20 lap run,the best part - starting order will be random,so you can only blame LFS randomizer for a bad starting place,allthough a bad starting place is such a relative term in this kind of events. And yes,there will be again some surprise additions to layout,what and where - you will see just when everyone is standing on grid! :P

Even this is a almost rule-free event on track while racing,the event format asks some tough admining,so everyone is expected to behave in server and follow admin's instuctions and these guide lines:

Starting of a run:

Each run will be started from custom grid (visible in track picture) via insim application made by Jason_lfs.
Originally the run will start from AS3R starting grid,after the original LFS green lights signal everyone forms a single file in same order as they were gridding up and drives carfully and contact free towards the track entry,leaving at least 5 cars distance between each other. It is strongly suggested to obey the 50 km/h (~31mph) max allowed speed limit sign when closing to track entry point,but you should be ready to slow down even more.
When entering the track,leader chooses one of 3 spots of the front row and takes the place,the 2nd driver in order chooses one of 2 front row places ramaining,3rd place driver has to take the only spot left on front row. The same order has to be done for the rest of field - 4th-6th takes 2nd row,7th-9th - 3rd row and so on.
When everyone has taken their spots,admin gives a command "READY" and the starting application is launched - it will flash up 4 red lights (by one at a time) and then give green lights to start the race.
In case there was a jumpstart,the application will give yellow lights,show "Race start cancelled" in chat and notify who made the jumpstart. In this case everyone will drive one lap around the track (one lap will be added to race distance) and take the same positions on the grid,except the driver,who made the jumpstart - he will loose his position by letting everyone by on the lap and take the first free place at back of the grid (his original starting place will stay free).
In case a driver makes his 2nd jumpstart,he will be disqualified from the run and classified as last in it.
In case there is suspicion that someone has jumpstarted and start wasn't cancelled (unfortunately application isn't perfect),replay will be checked and the driver who gained track position on false start will receive penalty of 15 seconds added to his finish time! In case a driver recognizes his false start,he can allow to pass everyone in LAP 1,in this case no penalty will be given! So just to be sure not to score this penalty,it's advised to be fair and not try to guess start,but wait for green lights!

Racing rules:
Everyone is expected to follow clean racing rules... Kkkkkkkk... You're so wrong here for clean racing! :P
There are only these basic rules:
1. No wrong way driving - just anti-clockwise direction on track! In case you get spun heading wrong way,driver is expected to turn his car to right direction on full steering lock or reverse and make the J-turn.
2. No standing on track - exept the car is in undrivable condition/position,in that case feel free to leave your car as an extra obstacle for others and hope for someone's help.
3. No disturbing on non-finished drivers after finishing himself.
4. Have fun! (also a mandatory rule :P)

Server behaviour rules:
  • follow the instructions of admins
  • no spamming in chat
  • no insulting others in any way (other than crashing them while in a official run)
  • no contact between cars before the run starts (started run counts only after insim aplication gives green lights!)
  • join only when allowed
  • no voting for restart/end/qualification
Server will be online at least 3 hours before event start and information about it will be posted right here:
> > > Server name will be: MayDay Password: DayInMay

The event will not require any sign-ups,but everyone joining server will be expected to have red the rules and information about event format above and follow them!
Feel free to post your interest to take part in this so everyone will know how many drivers expected!

See you on track and have fun!
Attached images
TiC-MayDay.png
Server is online with airio and custom launcher. Feel free to drop by and set some laptimes or practice some carnage moves. Server name: MayDay currently without password.
I might be there if I won't have a too bad hangover from the very last Koninginnedag!

Ofcourse it should be known that upcoming Tuesday our great Willem-Alexander will take the place of Beatrix, and become the new King of The Netherlands.

This should ofcourse be celebrated!
:bannana_g:bannana_g:bannana_g :throwrose
I was only able to post a 18.94 secs as "Qualifying". Personally, I think a lot of racers will try what I did to qualify.

Lap 4 is the fastest.
Attached files
test@MAYDAY.mpr - 120.3 KB - 318 views
Server is now passworded,you can find the password in info post,be sure that you are familiar with event procedures!
Quote from Texpelt88 :I was only able to post a 18.94 secs as "Qualifying". Personally, I think a lot of racers will try what I did to qualify.

Lap 4 is the fastest.

Guys ,start joining the server, this is starting

"Best server lap XFG@AS3Y_ASTON MAYDAY TRACK - [MRc] Frozen : 0:16.52"

Beat it
With these texts you're glueing a target on yourself...
The spring crashfest is over,we have some winner,I'll let him uncover himself or you have to wait until friday,when results will be made.
Or just watch these replays!
#9 - ZyXEL
Tnx for event
Quote from Eclipsed :With these texts you're glueing a target on yourself...

A target... On me.... B*tch*n.
Great fun, even if I couldn't stay till the end - thanks for putting it on
I was already forgotten how much fun crashing brings to me This time luck turned back on me, but still . Thanks for the event
TiC - MayDay Edition results

With 13 drivers,the spring crash party wasn't very populated,but everyone had their share of fun!

In qualifying the fastest was MRc's Frozen,but as you know - being the fastest is not the only part in this event. Frozen won his semi-final heat while Invecs set a new track record while chasing him. In 2nd heat (3car grid because of Kars leaving) Rony won while Litro was busy to free track from winners teammate and lost his lead,3rd heat was the largest with 5 cars,T.Korený took the win in front of his compatiote M.Kapal. Last chance run should have been a 7 car fight for last 4 final spots,but 2 drivers did not join the grid,meaning that there will be only one spare driver. And they sorted all in world record tempo - Snowyy was kicked out of track at turn 2 of 1st lap,meaning everyone who completes a lap is in final,the 6 lap run was won by Zz.

In final the front row was taken by all semi-final heat winners,but Frozen wanted to be faster and scored the only false start,loosing his advantage on grid,later also rolling his car and there were another 2 drivers,who finished early with wheels in air. But the czech M.Kapal wasn't impressed by anyone,not even by Invecs best laptime,repeating his track record,and and won the 20 lap final run with a gap of 3 seconds over Invecs,Zz finished 3rd,one lap down.

Unfortunatelly some drivers were frustrated enough to leave early and missed the bonus run,where only 8 drivers took part and awaited for usual layout surprises. Seeing ramps heading to reverse direction right after start line,everyone understood quickly that the track has been reversed. The winner of main event M.Kapal was the one who adapted to new track most quickly and won also this run,leaving 2 RGA drivers battling for 2nd - Matiss was better and finished in front of Invecs,while a lot of drivers found out XFG clutch weakness,but 2 drivers were stranded without wheels touching ground.

Thanks to everyone,who participated,I hope that MayDay will return next year too with some other experimental track and maybe car too,while the original derby event This is Crashmaaas!!! is planned to stay in it's classic combo. See you then!

PS. Winner's speach?
will u hold another one of these I missed it .
To be honest,I am considering option to make another one in august/september,but let's see how the situation looks then...
this year? Wink
This thread is closed

TiC MayDay edition
(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG