The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we count only top 3 of teams & top 5 of all nations?

Closed since :
ye
no
National/team standings
Hi

I think the Nations standings are being calculated in a bit of a wrong way.
Since at the Olympics, You dont look at the results of the worst dude of the Nation to find out the best nation during the Olympics
What I mean is, You shouldnt be counting all of the racers scores from one country into the average, because some nations simply have some random guys bringing -40 or getting disconnected every race
I mean, if 3 guys from one nation pull a 1-2-3 finish for the nation and they are going to be like 5th in the standings, cause some guys from their nation finished 86th or smthn I dont know, but I would call the country who pulled the 1-2-3 finish as the best nation. There are always the very top athletes who score for their country, it's the National Team, other athletes are just there for their fun and experience, to be the national Team some day and score for their nation , so I think that the average score in the nations rank, should be taken by the top3 or top5 guys of this nation. And all of the other guys in that nation arent useless, if the 6th guy finishes 6th, then he is also helping his nation, with making the average scores of other countries lower
That is exactly how the Nations ranks work in LFSW, the scoring and all of that was my idea btw and it works

So would be nice if that was changed.
Quote from RudiTurbo :That is exactly how the Nations ranks work in LFSW, the scoring and all of that was my idea btw and it works

So would be nice if that was changed.

Who's a smart cookie

Only jokin, yea I agree Mr Rud, would be nice to see the standings in this format as you clearly said, all of them toghether could send a nation severly down in points.

Well it's the same with the team standings. Its an advantage to have less people from a team racing since they take the average score. So how about doing the same thing for the teams.
Let's do a quick vote for this. It has been in my mind since those two were put to the site and I'd gladly change it.

So, let's hear it then...
-
Nations/teams standings (varjsa-9) DELETED by varjsa-9 : oops..
I voted yes, but....

It would be nice to know the standings for everyone in the league (country and team).

Top 5 teams, and Top 5 nations would be nice.
Quote from Tweaker :Top 5 teams, and Top 5 nations would be nice.

I'm not sure if we have enough members of teams for that

Quote : It would be nice to know the standings for everyone in the league (country and team).

So you'd like to see it both ways - like in standings with "show worst events vs. remove worst events" ?
Voted.
#8 - t1ger
I have voted yes.

I wasn't sure at first, but having read Rudi's post again (and again!) I actually do agree with his point and do think that this is the best way to do it.

I, however, don't think that doing it both ways is the right way, because then which one is the "right" one. Which one do people use to tell which is the best Country? Pick one and stick with it, I say (IMHO).

Thanks for listening!
Tim
I agree, the standings should count the 3 best pilots of the same nation.. I may also add that as many racers are from the same nation/team has got more possibilities to score more points (take my nation, we are 5-6 racers vs 17 of germany or 16 of England) rather than nations with less racers. With this i mean that when you've got many racers, it's easier for that nation to place the top 3 in the higher positions, while less racers have got much more less hope to get the same results, even if you consider only the top3 or top 5
for some reason
I'm really not understanding the problem with the current system!
#11 - Worm
me too, i think the team standing must concerned all the team members.
if a team has 20 members and 10 who are bad, its his problem ^^
a good team is not a team with 3 good racer but a team where all the members are good... its my opinion
top 5 and top 5 for me to
Quote from Worm :me too, i think the team standing must concerned all the team members.
a good team is not a team with 3 good racer but a team where all the members are good... its my opinion

You are absolutely right about Teams, I agree completely.

However, this issue is with the national standings (described as National Teams by Rudi) where everyone with the same nationality is taken into consideration. This score is affected by the people who sign up with the full intention to race, put 1 hotlap in, get -40 points for not showing up and then don't race again for the entire season. This brings the average of the entire nation down.

I am not saying that the people that do this are wrong, because they could have perfectly acceptable reasons for not racing the entire season, I just don't think their results should get used in the National Standings in much the same way that the Individual Standings no longer show anybody with 0 or less points.

Tim
Quote from Worm :me too, i think the team standing must concerned all the team members.

Well, the thing is, in a Team, You can control the guys who participate, but in the National standings, it's quite stupid, I dont really have a clue who that guy on the last place there is bringing whole nation down, these guys could be as strangers to me than to other nations, why the hell should we share the scores with some completely unknown ppl

Also , one more thing, if next season, We could make up 2 driver Teams for OLFSL like it has always been in Endurance League, OLFSL would be one of the most fun Leagues ever, since the biggest fun is to also chase a good position troughout the season together with someone You know well and share the joy of victory together with him or her

and btw, atm OLFSL is anyway the Best League out there, well, nothing else is really going on, but OLFSL has improved truely well with those last S2 seasons and that is very well shown by the 128 drivers in the 1st GP, I cant remember any other League having that many drivers ever
Voted ye

Makes much more sence than just taking the average of the whole lot.illepall

I'm glad to see that most people seem to agree, thanks for taking the initiative to bring this up RudiTurbo
#16 - nilo
I remember this discussion. Once in the chatterbox.

-> YES! :-)

And, as a note: If you take a fixed amount of racers per nation/team, you could also consider to sum their points up.
#17 - Worm
yes im totally agree for the national standing, my answer was just for team standing of course
Quote from t1ger :

This score is affected by the people who sign up with the full intention to race, put 1 hotlap in, get -40 points for not showing up and then don't race again for the entire season. This brings the average of the entire nation down.

The National points should be the top 3 drivers to count because of the above reason if you took an average (all drivers) it would not be fair as many do not compete in all of the races & the scores would be effected.

What you could do is take an average of the top 30% of drivers in any nation, so that the nations with more competitors dont gain such an advantage. (as u will have to average top 5 for the bigger nations)

on the other hand

The Team standings should count all registered competitors in a team regardless of no shows, finishes ect, if they wear the letters then they count towards the average points period.

eitherway thats my two cents......
Hmm
It's still the same for everyone though isn't it, every nation has a chance of having members that drop out of the season early on, just one of those things.

I dunno, i think i wont vote as i'm not sure about either option.
Quote from anttt69 :The National points should be the top 3 drivers to count because of the above reason if you took an average (all drivers) it would not be fair as many do not compete in all of the races & the scores would be effected.

What you could do is take an average of the top 30% of drivers in any nation, so that the nations with more competitors dont gain such an advantage. (as u will have to average top 5 for the bigger nations)

on the other hand

The Team standings should count all registered competitors in a team regardless of no shows, finishes ect, if they wear the letters then they count towards the average points period.

eitherway thats my two cents......

Very good suggestion, I like both...
And it's stupid that people who aren't even in olfsl are voting..
Belgium is a small small country...
Quote from anttt69 :The National points should be the top 3 drivers to count because of the above reason if you took an average (all drivers) it would not be fair as many do not compete in all of the races & the scores would be effected.

Okay, points now counted like this on site. How does it look like for you? (Poll is still open, no decisions made in any direction - se please comment)
#24 - agor
top 5 for nations...pfff, there is only 3 drivers from my country compared to some other nation, there are many. So would be nice to be something like all points from one country devided to number of members, thats how every country will be in chance for nations standings.
Quote from agor :top 5 for nations...pfff, there is only 3 drivers from my country compared to some other nation, there are many. So would be nice to be something like all points from one country devided to number of members, thats how every country will be in chance for nations standings.

Currently it's an average of best 30% of racers in every nation.

How is it looking btw? I don't see comments about it...

National/team standings
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG