The online racing simulator
Indianapolis 50(km) Discussion Thread
Round 1 – Indianapolis 50(km) - 78 laps at AU1 (Indianapolis) - FOX - December 30, 2012 - 14:00 GMT - Layout

Round #1 of the 2013 Realistic NASCAR Open Series will be ran on December 30, 2012 starting at 14:00 GMT with qualifying (20 min.) These will be open track sessions unlike in the Cup Series so drafting will be permitted in qualifying.

The race will begin with a pace lap at 14:30 GMT. This race is expected to last around 20 min. Bump Drafting is not allowed in the FOX! There will not be flags in this event, so be careful at all times . See links below before racing if you have not already done so.

Before participating please register on this thread: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=81505

And be sure that you understand how to start the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2paAF-r50uU&feature=plcp
Are we back to your own server now?
Maybe you should post server info in the schedule tread to avoid silly Q like this
500servers are still down,so it will have to wait. Since I still have 1 running server,Cameron knows that there is a backup.
If the master server and our new server remain online we will be running this event as scheduled on Sunday with this new information

Server Name: [RN] Cup Series
Password: iwanttogofast
TeamSpeak (optional): ts.ident-racing.net

Special thanks to Rony (Eclipsed) for the server
well sorry for my rage, its just frustrating when a lap down car puts you over a wall from 2nd place
Sorry,Matt,but after checking replay I still say the same as in server (quoting your own legendary words) - you technically had enough room! You shouldn't expect that lapped car suddenly brakes or pulls away while YOU overtake it. I could go wider line,you could take tighter line at turn's exit so it's 50/50 I'd say.
Problem came where You took a tighter line than I expected, you were wide then turned in toward apex where I was already accelerating from where I thoguht I could safely get speed. Just a case of me taking ideal line and the lapped car going tighter than initially what line he appeared to be taking
First time ever i raced on a "parking lot track". Was more fun than I had expected for sure.

When I got into the server and saw your lap times I first decided to skip the event in order to not be a moving blocker, but I reconsidered after some live practise when I found out a tactic to handle blueflag, thought going high and slightly slow down in the turn was the best way to do it.

Race tactic was to drive consistent and not taking any stupid battles, rather stay on the track without any crashing. Worked out pretty good, got to the checker flag as 7:th car totally exhausted

As usual many thanx to admins taking your time to let us have fun at your events.
Next event at KY will be super fun
Quote from sjoblom :When I got into the server and saw your lap times I first decided to skip the event in order to not be a moving blocker

Every fast driver has to deal with slower cars. On such a short course the number one will always lap some drivers(I lapped the whole field), so one more would never be a problem
Quote from CodeLyoko1 :Every fast driver has to deal with slower cars. On such a short course the number one will always lap some drivers(I lapped the whole field), so one more would never be a problem

:| I would have blocked you :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG