The online racing simulator
New high res barrier
(15 posts, started )
New high res barrier
Hello, i now see im gonna need some help on this Schwitz could anyone tell me why these barriers isnt fitting? is it the stripes that dont match or the file that copy´s itself? i also made a new sun keep left arrow which is seen on pic aswell. i know its missing 2-3 lights. but its a quick fix, but the barriers puzzles me a bit.

any help?

i also made new rails in high res with scrapings and paint falling off as you see it on barriers aswell. but made a slightly mistake as i didnt get the ends too. (will be fixed). screens attached..

any opinions are welcome.

made for open config.
i am thinking about making 4 versions, but i just wanted to know what people think first. ? im making one version with this sun arrow, but also one with the blue arrow. its not gonna be the same arrow as the org one but somewhat the same.
and im thinking of making a red barrier aswell with the sun arrow and the blue aswell. 4 files in total.

should i upload when finished in 1024/2048/4096 resolution? or all 3? dunno.

this is the 2048x2048 version.

EDIT: LINK: http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/34260032/file.html

EDIT2: version 2 now have same rails but another kind of arrow and same kind of barrier but now half(ish) is concrete.

LINK 2:

http://www.filedropper.com/axbarriers
Attached images
3634007633_88a20caed0.jpg
reworked barrier and arrow.JPG
reworked barrier2.JPG
reworked barrier.JPG
Rials.JPG
reworked barrier3.JPG
reworked barrier4 and arrow.JPG
img_6132_cr_left_vblizi_0x0_mc.jpg
Do some screenshots from a cruise server where these are used. Make sure they are taken from a good angle, I'd like to see how they look from some better pictures.
#3 - Omar1
They don't look very, high-def... and the keep left/right signs look abit arcadey
This adds the barrier shown in screenies.The barrier file contains new barrier + new keep keep left arrow + new 80 /50 speed limit without mph or kph pit limit speed. File is in 2048 (can be downsized,if needed, i can resize to 1024 or 4096 also.) .It also fits right into Lynche pack, as i have discovered we used the same file.so color wise it actually fits very well to Lynche pack 20th december.saved in DXT3 and no reported issues or conflict so far. Enjoy.

link to files as its too big for LFS forums so i upload to other site..file is 4MB.

Constructive feedback is welcome...

LINK: http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/34260032/file.html

Quote from Omar1 :They don't look very, high-def... and the keep left/right signs look abit arcadey

its called a sun arrow.which also might come in handy for people using night mods.. and as i wrote in post 1.. im also making another file with a blue arrow,even tho its not gonna be the exact same as the one you know from default files.but close.

and define highdef??? barrier is made from a 3000x1681 pic.. i bet your system doesnt go any higher than 1920x1080... define high def please pic was just too big for forums,(413 Request Entity Too Large) so thats why its not here.. but however...: you asked for it so here is my low res picture Omar1 ... be aware of the low resolution polygones.. they might give you blurred eyes..

Quote from edge3147 :Do some screenshots from a cruise server where these are used. Make sure they are taken from a good angle, I'd like to see how they look from some better pictures.

seriosly.. did you 2 guys even look at screenies.and are you able to read the things i already wrote in post one.. jeez.... it says in bright yellow today.. from a cruise server where this was used and screens taken... jeez.....
#5 - delis
I like theese barriers. Waiting for them to be released
Quote from delis :I like theese barriers. Waiting for them to be released

follow zippyshare link in post below yours. unpack with winrar or winzip..

hm.. moving link to post 1

EDIT: no need to unpack as its not packed... Goes to LFS/DATA/DDS folder.
#7 - delis
Quote from THE WIZARD DK :follow zippyshare link in post below yours. unpack with winrar or winzip..

hm.. moving link to post 1

heh.. didn't see that one I was looking at 1st post so I didn't think that it was already released
#8 - Omar1
not sure, maybe it's just the dirtiness that makes it look low res
The lack of colors make it looks low res.
I like the armcos, I like the LED signs, the red and white barriers need work. the ends of them dont line up with the sides and the spot on the left where there is a gap in the texture looks bad too.
Picture of a round-about on RC server. I think it looks pretty good.

Picture of Red/White Barrier. Barrier needs work IMO.

Attached images
arcmosign.jpg
A1.jpg
maybe i have more luck on next barrier. im aware of the end and the gap in the middle. but im not that good at this. but as such i think they came out fine.but i dont see where im supposed to do the end as the file is only from the side. so i thought ill line the sides up so stripes matched.they do now. they didnt at my first try on it. but there is actually no end to the barriers.the file copys itself to the ends. thing is,these stripes goes sideways as those you are used to goes straight up or down. i dont think there is any solution to that actually. and i have used them for awhile now, and i dont see the problem in the ends.the rails on the other side have ends. but i think those got fixed okay.but on barriers the only solution would be to make the stripings stop at the ends and then have a line straight down from the top. which would make it seem even more odd to look at. but if anyone have a solution, you are welcome to feedback on it. i just dont see it .and i also noticed the same file was used by Lynche to make curbs on FE, so they actually match his curbs.in color and all.(curbs are located on rallyx FE track). next will be all red.with paint cracking off it. even higher resolution.i also have a (maybe) plan on a yellow barrier in iron..with a puncture hole in it. but im not sure how thats gonna be or if im actually gonna make it yet. but im busy atm so might take awhile.

EDIT: the gap might be fixable.. just had a thought on it.. but the ends i think is impossible to do anything about as the file is copying itself :/

And thank you edge3147 for the feedback even tho i already knew this. but glad you like the rails & sun arrow,as they are called
Great work Wizard! Yeah unfortunately most textures in LFS use a "tile effect" where the textures are usually small ones that just repeat endlessly to cover a large area. There isn't much that can be done in that case but no worries as it looks great as is.
Link off. Frown
Quote from SemiPrimo :Link off. Frown

yes sorry about that. however. this file can no longer be used in the 06.U version.

i will be uploading others on the fly, and i could perhaps make this again.
but perhaps you can watch out for the mods thread i am doing. some things will be there you might be able to replace with instead of this.

https://www.lfs.net/forum/post/1945777#post1945777

New high res barrier
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG