The online racing simulator
Westhill 207 (Round #5) Discussion Thread
Discussion regarding the 2012 Westhill 207 (Round #5 of the 2012 World TBO Championship Series) may be made here.

Round 5 – Westhill 207 – 40 laps at WE1R – November 25, 2012 – 18:00 GMT - Official Layout - Weather

Qualifying Begins: 18:00 GMT
Race begins (if qualifying in 1 group): 18:45 GMT
Estimated Race Conclusion: 20:20 GMT

A pre-race driver breifing will be PM'ed to all registered competitors and may be in the form of a video or text. All participants are expected to watch or read all of this text. This will occur overnight for most drivers (based on their local time) on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Stream: Link TBA at SimRace.TV
Tracker: http://tracker.ident-racing.net/RealisticNASCAR/
LFS Remote: http://www.lfsworld.net/remote/?host...+NASCAR+Server
Pre-Race News Article: http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=news&nid=762
Just realized that this directly conflicts with the final race of the F1 Season . Sorry guys .

Changes are not likely to be made out of fairness for those who may not be able to make a changed date or time.
Just don't change it to December 1st, I won't be here due to my birthday

Edit: fail that's a Saturday anyway ignore my morning dumbness
Surely most people are going to want to watch the F1?
Would a 2 hour delay on the start time help anybody or hurt anybody?
Should make it avoid the F1, so its better for me. Don't have to try and convince my parents that watching highlights of the F1 final round is the same as watching it live then...

You should make a poll though before you change it(if you do).
Screw the F1,it's much more fun to race by self than watching those overpaid milionares taking those spot ugly high tech vechicles for a spin,which would drive themselves with a little computer support anyway.
Quote from Cornys :Just realized that this directly conflicts with the final race of the F1 Season . Sorry guys .

NP Corny, time is fine with me :-)
Im always downloading it at the motorsite no1 racingforme and looking at it later on. In Sweden motorsport is "banned" on TV and Radio (not considered as a sport actually ), noone around you talks about it, so its just like live broadcast to see the download whenever it suits you
Quote from Eclipsed :Screw the F1,it's much more fun to race by self than watching those overpaid milionares taking those spot ugly high tech vechicles for a spin,which would drive themselves with a little computer support anyway.

Those guys (except Kimi Rääkinen) wouldn't survive one season in Nascar Sprint Cup (or Indy) ... they are soooooo spoiled children

Imagine seeing the brawl at Phoenix last weekend in a F1 race ... man those millionaires and the fancy fans in the paddock would be soo shocked that they had fainted ... and Bernie ...
Uhmm ... Mario Andretti, JP Montoya and some others as well I think ...
It's going a bit offtopic,but Mario comes from a different era,and JPM already was familiar with amerian racing atmosphere before joining F1,so he is also a different story (not tha he has achieved in Nascar anything else as jetdryer destroyer award :tilt.
If its not a problem for others then forget I said anything, schedule shouldn't change because 1 person is too lazy to check the schedule before signing up
I'd like to watch F1 season finale too. Go TERRIER.
-
(Smashmolth) DELETED by Smashmolth
The stream will most probably be on Stream #1

Here's a quick banner that I made.

My qualifying didn't go as good as it could've gone as I was only 11th, but in the race in few laps I climbed up to 3rd and after hard battling I was able to keep it, maybe because of wind because in normal conditions I think my pace would haven't been that good in normal conditions if I look what my pace was at practice. Gratz Joe and Mikko, well driven!
Well, that was a disappointing race.

Q: I struggled a lot with getting upto speed after watching the F1 and not having done any warm up laps today. I had prepared a lot during the week so was pretty confident, in the end I finally put a lap together and got to 2nd. My last lap was better to sector 2, but somehow I lost time in the last sector and failed to improve so was disappointed not to be on pole, but Joe starting down in 6th was good for me, as I expected he would be the 1 with the better race pace between the 2 guys I was contending the championship with.

R: Had a dramatic start, timing out twice while gridding due to router issues, and then a 3rd timeout on the warmup lap, which was weird because the router was fine then. But usually it throws its toys out of the pram, and then sorts itself out again and that was what happened and I was able to retake my position for the start. Mikko had already agree'd to leave me a space so I could tuck in behind Niki as I didn't fancy being on his outside in T1, but I made a bad start and came across into Mikko slowing him and helping Joe into 3rd from 6th which was impressive to say the least.

I got a run on Niki in the fast left at the end of sector 2, and put my car the only place he left a space(on the inside for the right hander) only to find Niki decided to turn in even earlier than normal and cause me to brake and lift off throttle completely in a corner that is normally flat to avoid crashing him. In the next corner I had a run, and put my car to the inside, but with the wind and being on a weird line meant I misjudged it a little I guess, and ran into him. Probably 70% my fault but like I have told him before, when you push your luck with defensive tactics eventually it hurts you - it certainly seemed that he had a lot of enemy's out there today. I knew I would have to repair damage, but I stayed out 1 lap extra to try and help Mikko to get clear of the CoRe guys, I didn't defend from Joe but got caught out by the wind in T1 and ran wide, and then rejoined without checking mirrors properly with blood pumping a bit, and came straight across on Joonas - sorry for that.

After a narrow miss with Robin on pit entry, I was doomed to navigating cars who were significantly slower for the rest of the race. I struggled to get a rhythm and didn't really make an inroad into the guys who I thought I would have a chance to catch, but I guess the difference between the fastest guys and the guys behind that wasn't as big as at other rounds due to the nature of the track. Anyway, I managed to get to 8th in the end which was the best I could have done after my lap 1 crash with Niki. Had some good racing with the few guys who put up a fight, but I generally caught people on the backstraight where it was better for both not to fight each other and let me go.

Gratz to the podium, I don't think Joe was close to unbeatable today but not making mistakes when others around you do is what wins championships. Mikko did a great performance and pushed him hard, was impressive. It seems like the realistic chance for the championship is over for me now so I might stay clear of the last round to avoid having a contact with a title contender as I don't feel like I'm able to race against Niki without making contact with him for whatever reason, but we'll see how it goes.

E: Also I think the rule about ingame chat needs to be looked at. I ran wide in T1 atleast once due to unneccissery messages ingame, and that was just from people blocking their messages to avoid what was actually going on with ingame chat. I don't see a point to ask for Perm to protest someone during the race. The message to tell us half the race is done is also pointless(if you can't work out half of the race is done in a 40 lap race, you're ****ing retarded), and you do it when the leader is on the s/f straight, but others are in the middle of corners which is frustrating. It's the same for everyone though so I'm not saying it affected me more than others, but its always possible to improve.
Today was lucky for me, I got the best out of a bad situation...

I was very confident going into qualy, I really thought pole would be mine but I just couldn't adapt to the wind and never got a good lap together which left me with a very disappointing 6th place. I tried not to worry about it too much as I knew this was a long race an tyre issues could bring me back into play.

The race went very well, I pulled off an 'Alonso' start getting into p3 after turn 1. My intension was to just sit behind Isaac and make a move later in the race but once I saw the contact between himself and Niki I had it relatively easy, or atleast until mikko came from nowhere and started putting me under some pressure. I made a few errors in t1 with the wind but nothing too drastic, I pushed at the end to get another extra point for fastest lap, who knows the championship is close and that extra point could help!

All in all I would say I got fairly lucky with my start, and the two main rivals crashing out, but ill take what I can get. Championship is wide open now, AS1 is gonna be very, very close!

Cya next round!
The crossed flags I give typically in order to tell those who may be laps or more down that the leader has reached the halfway point (and that they are probably there as well). More of an oval racing thing where there's alot more lap traffic at that time. We'll likely discontinue the use of it unless there are a few drivers who have timed out and actually might need it. White flag the same.

I actually suggest blocking the chat unless a yellow flag comes out if the chat bothers you. Server messages go through that filter, so it doesn't bother us at race control.
This was the weakest track for me. For some reason I always lacked a little bit of pace here and I needed wind, even high wind to give me a chance. It happened so and I nipped it to pole position, absolutely thrilled with that.

The start and the whole of lap one was going well and the race was set to be a big rape of points for me. I was secretly hopping for Isaac to finally make a mistake and fall into a battle with Joe, which would then give me a chance to pull a bit of gap. However, before you know it he is trying a hugely optimistic moves on me to say the least. Not quite understandable from someone who follows Alonso the most in F1 to do something like this, when you remember Alonso not doing things like this even with Petrov back in '10 finale. I'm not sure if he thought 'if he can dive on me, I can dive like that on him' or something of that sort, but he deferentially needed to win this race to have a real shot at the title. I knew he was going to be a real opponent in this race though and I had no allusions I would just pull a gap like that to him. He probably had more pace than me in race on this track and only because of wind I dared to fight him.

Anyway, with the wind or no wind, I couldn't just let him past in that corner, slowing down too much would cost me a place or two down the straight. And honestly when I dived him the last round, he held the outside as well and was allowed to do so. So, I can clearly see he is launching it down the inside and from his experience I have trust in him that he can keep it right there. I also know he can't really back out of that and I'm not far enough ahead to just shut the door, which would have been also futile. Therefor, I hold the outside line knowing that I can carry more speed than him now and hustle it off with a clean move. This would have also trew him into the mix with Joe and worked perfectly for me. And you see, every single day I would fight it off like this, it's clean, reasonable, exciting, thrilling even, real racing spirit in my eyes and it has nothing to do with being overly blocking as I have been called. If I had just turned onto him and caused this accident, I knew I'd be the one to blame and I just don't need that. Everyone saw what happened and there is no need for me to explain and I don't want to put a blame on anyone. In some other series this might have been a clear penalty, in this one it's allowed even though it's from a driver who is on probation and it sets a very bad example, but I think you can expect this sort of racing being encouraged by Americans. :P Still, karma or something worked it out and he was in pits soon enough.

And there you have it. It was a moment of destiny for him and it certainly didn't help me out. Joe just lucked out thru this and this might have been the first race he actually didn't have more pace than us. It's just a shame we missed out on this. When you look back, we can clearly see that Joe was actually pretty lucky in round 2 after his fuel mistake. He is now in the lead with points obviously. Nevertheless, I believe this can still level out and there will be chances for me too at least to fight for the championship in the last round. Either way, I think I have shown some speed with three pole positions. Constantly battling Joe and Isaac is also a thrill and it's nothing like I have experienced before. These guys are absolutely full off energy all the time, real fighters down to the core, always quick.

Now, the race itself after the crash was not a very pleasurable experience. Personally, I don't really enjoy fighting out of position. In some way it was a little bit of de ja vu of gt1ws r1 after sc and this time I made sure I didn't overpush into a silly mistake which would then cost me even more positions in close racing. From 15th up to 6th mostly thanks to people running wide in T1 and weirdly enough only then I made a mistake in T1 running wide after I finally got a little bit of clean air. Very frustrating, because I didn't really push more or less than before, or changed level of concentration or anything, so it just happened, twice in a row and I was down to 9th or so when I snapped out of it. Now, that's something to work on for me when I get in situation like this again and I surely will one day. Things like that just happen in racing sometimes.

Then came the battle with Joonas who dropped few places and was at the end of the train. I knew he was really gonna go for it, even though I'm a title contender, someone like him has no respect for things like that. It became clearly obvious to me after he made the most terrible block move when he rejoined the track with no regard to anything getting into my line whilst I'm carrying unexplainable amount of speed more than him. Again, just a warning and more thrill for Americans after we both almost retired from the race.
It's going to take some serious play to get past this man and I have to, I just have to get past him. I was much faster and after some fighting like it was the last lap of the last race for 1 milion dollars I finally made it. I got out of it with little bit of damage which hampered laptimes only slightly till the end of the race.
This cost me mighty gap to people in front and with this camber damage and horribly understeery car and awesome pace from everyone ahead I never had a chance to move up from 7th. I needed a SC to give me a chance to move up from there, but it was never going to happen on Westhill.
I hope Joonas has now blown all of his steam out and paid his dues for our FBM race from a year ago or whatever has been causing bad feelings between us and that we can now have reasonable racing when we meet again. During this whole fight I was passed and repassed by R.Belo constantly and all well done to him for enjoyable racing and not missing a mark once even with H-Shifter.

There you can see why I sometimes get so very frustrated with some people and criticize. I mean when someone of Isaac's caliber can make a mistake he did on lap one and slip into an accident, surely anyone can. When I make this critics and maybe you try to point out I'm a hypocrite I just want to say right now, if we look back, the big majority of accidents I was involved with the other driver was handed the penalty for or it was a half a blame for both when we both lacked some luck. Many times I allowed a driver to make an overtaking move down the inside as well, since I just knew it would cost me time to fight him as I was just lucky to be that high up the order in that race. Or in other cases I was defending with outside line as it was just faster way. I'm only trying to make sure we both stay on track pointing out things like this. For that to happen we all need to be more aware of the danger and the risks we are taking in this simulated environment. Someone can control more risk than someone else and everyone's limit is different is what racing has thought me so far and that is exactly why everything is so very unpredictable.

Congrats to Franky for finally making a good result.

I'm very glad that Isaac said he is going to drive a little bit more safely in the last round after all this events and it's all I have ever asked of you.

The shortest track of the calender with loads of corners is maybe not the best place to hold season finale, but it's surely going to be very exciting.
Quote from Jonathon.provost :On demand video can be found in 2 pleases.

YouTube - http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYEWWPKFD_I
RaceMedia.org - http://racemedia.org/video/Wor ... bd83f21f3be4e85116e253775

Again sorry for quiet boring commentary.

Like us on our Facebook page with this permanent link - ident-racing.net/rn-facebook
Sorry for the confusion in the stream.

you cant be serious

anyway. race was lucky for me. after qual in 9th after qualifying in 9th last round i expected to either sit in 9th or lose a position to Matti. on the start me and matti got a bad start and Toni got a excelent start from behind me and slipstream through to T1. before T1 i lost 2-3 places and thought my race was going to be shit.

after the desperate dive from Isaac (:shy he was with the pack into t1 going wide and gathering some cars. after the chincane everyone except joe was there and i got a good exit and start to catch them. follow matti into sc2 and both he and Koskinen went wide and i took it.

frm there i was in 4th with koskinen on my ass for about 10laps before dropping back. i maintained exactly a 2-3sec gap to Stankus and Roben behind me for the whole race.

i try to keep steeady pace and nice tyres and some 20laps later i catched up with Toni. after following him for some laps 1 sec behind i couldnt catch him anymore untill he made a little mistake and i had a run on him. going into the 2nd last corner where isaac and niki touched i did the same move on Toni although i didnt over do it and Toni left me plenty of space. which was fine because he got past me again in T1 and i didnt have the tyres to chase him down again.

nothing much happen untill the last few laps where i catched Toni again. i really wanted 3rd and didnt expect to see him so i taked my chance and try to fight him. but he was to fast so i had to stay behind and he pulled away again. but this let the fxo of Stankus catch me take 4th off me in the last lap.

was fun race and didnt expect to be so far up. good clean racing from everyone which is nice
lol @ Niki for defending on the first lap.......
the stream was a joke.. seriously get someone else for final
Indeed, do seek some help for the next commentators.
I did my best. I am a crap commentator, my 2nd commentator had something to do so it was only me. Sorry for bad commentary. Nothing I can do.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG