The online racing simulator
Live For Slicks - Round 3 Race Discussion
Hello

is there going to be any kind of layouts for this??
Possibly, once I have power back I can look
Sorry but do you mind leaving the thread opening bit to the admins next time? Once is nice enough, twice is pushing it, three times is too much.

Not trying to sound pompous but simple stuff like this is really up to the admins, not the racers (even though it shows your interest in the series, which is good).

Quote from Dennis93 :
is there going to be any kind of layouts for this??

Definitely. We've got to draw the grid spots for the standing start + pace lap. A Diaz chicane? I don't really know, but with the slicks and everything...maybe.

EDIT: Edited thread title.
Well Rui make it in ****ing time then.

If there's going to be a layout in the chicane, the NDR one is useless, keep some of the speed the original chicane, make something that we can use as curbs because no one think it's fun to drive through a corner so slow....

and we learned from NDR. TBOC that obstacles in the final chicane/corner, was more dangerous than without. originally you already have to cut quite a lot to be in danger from anything there.

my 2 cents.

and also Rui, before you start ranting about this 'new thread' thing again. 10 days till the race, some racers might put useful info up which the less experienced could you once in a while, so I think that you should just thank other people for taking the initiative to make the thread, no one means it with hate and because you don't simply don't do you job good enough, no. I did it because I had no where else to ask, and making a layout less than 10 days before the race is something which I call poor preparation, and somewhat bad organizing, and possibly worse priorities.
for one, start caring about your own before you start thinking about if everyone has their skins working etc. this is 1/5th of the problem usually.

Next time, Rui, think it through, try writing in the morning instead of last thing at night....

Another thing, don't you dare edit the message out, let it be a lesson.
Quote from Dennis93 :
and also Rui, before you start ranting about this 'new thread' thing again. 10 days till the race, some racers might put useful info up which the less experienced could you once in a while, so I think that you should just thank other people for taking the initiative to make the thread, no one means it with hate and because you don't simply don't do you job good enough, no. I did it because I had no where else to ask, and making a layout less than 10 days before the race is something which I call poor preparation, and somewhat bad organizing, and possibly worse priorities.
for one, start caring about your own before you start thinking about if everyone has their skins working etc. this is 1/5th of the problem usually.

Next time, Rui, think it through, try writing in the morning instead of last thing at night....

+1.

Scumbag series admin.

Whines about too much interest.

HEHehehhe
Quote from BlueFlame :Scumbag series admin.

Umm WTF? If someone is scumbag, then it's probably you. Making those pointless posts confirms that you are managed to archive utter scumbag level...

What's the point of that whining of not releasing layout? Everyone has same conditions on that wise. Also that layout only changes one bit of the track anyway. It dosen't change track's characteristic at all, so no big changes on setup wise. If you want to practice, do it. Please don't whine.

Also if you think admins are khm scumbags, then save yourself and leave from that league, organise league youself and make sure you are way better admin.
Quote from TypeRacing :

What's the point of that whining of not releasing layout? Everyone has same conditions on that wise. Also that layout only changes one bit of the track anyway. It dosen't change track's characteristic at all, so no big changes on setup wise. If you want to practice, do it. Please don't whine.

Maybe do some research on the track. It's 100 km/h difference, so yes it doesn't mean **** all, I can see that.

Get a clue, I'm trying to help everyone, not only myself.
Dennis how the hell am I supposed to write up a detailed post from my iphone? Its too hard. We do our discussion posts a week before
The event not 2 days after the previous round. And jusy so you guys know our sporting code applies to the forums so I do suggest you keep a lid on your mouth Mr.Cooper
Quote from Dennis93 :Well Rui make it in ****ing time then.

Noted. This exactly is what caused so many screwups from the admin team on the test round. People doing my job because they think I'm too slow at it when I'm actually just about to do it. So thanks but no thanks, just be patient and I'll ****ing get to it.

Quote from Dennis93 :If there's going to be a layout in the chicane, the NDR one is useless, keep some of the speed the original chicane, make something that we can use as curbs because no one think it's fun to drive through a corner so slow....

Well...if you want to keep the speed then we can't really do much about making that chicane tighter like NDR did. It's times like these that I wish it was possible to take the closest tyre stacks off the chicane's apex. Might as well keep it original then.

Quote from Dennis93 :
and we learned from NDR. TBOC that obstacles in the final chicane/corner, was more dangerous than without. originally you already have to cut quite a lot to be in danger from anything there.

True, and that also applied to GT2 this year if I'm not wrong.

Quote from Dennis93 :
and also Rui, before you start ranting about this 'new thread' thing again. 10 days till the race, some racers might put useful info up which the less experienced could you once in a while, so I think that you should just thank other people for taking the initiative to make the thread, no one means it with hate...

And what part did I mean that you were doing this with hate? You and Jake were really nice for doing that for us, but creating threads should be really done by the admins. Once again, be patient and I'll get to it.

Quote from Dennis93 :
...and because you don't simply don't do you job good enough, no. I did it because I had no where else to ask, and making a layout less than 10 days before the race is something which I call poor preparation, and somewhat bad organizing, and possibly worse priorities.

1. We're not perfect, we still have that racers' mindset of thinking about the next race right after the current one is over, and it's not like I'm already a master at this when it's only the first ever series I work as an admin. Yes, I'm going to **** up and I'm going to learn with it, that's how I've learned things my entire life.
2. The skins' thing is probably my fault, yes I'm too obsessed with attention to detail (how did this discussion begin again?).

Quote from Dennis93 :Another thing, don't you dare edit the message out, let it be a lesson.

Who do you think I am? Matt Kingsbury?

Quote from BlueFlame :+1.

Scumbag series admin.

HEHehehhe

No comment. So tempted to say something else but I'll just stay quiet.
JESUS CRIST HAVE YOU GUYS NEVER SEEN MEMES BEFORE? I'M MAKING LIGHT OF A SITUATION GOD DAMNIT and you just completely over-react.

Of course, I forgot this

Quote from BlueFlame :JESUS CRIST HAVE YOU GUYS NEVER SEEN MEMES BEFORE? I'M MAKING LIGHT OF A SITUATION GOD DAMNIT and you just completely over-react.

*meme*

Sure you are...but it comes across as something else. Which once again, I'll stay quiet about before I end up offending someone for real.
Quote from Dennis93 :no one means it with hate and because you don't simply don't do you job good enough, no.

Rui, this was how that line was supposed to be understood, as in your doing your job fine, but for any league it's never been a formality that admins absolutely MUST make the discussion threads..

And also, Admins do not discuss, they make statements, if you need help with the layout I'll be an assistance. Just don't think everything i say comes as an assault towards you, LLM or RR, this was never my intention otherwise I wouldn't put time in for practicing or actually wanting to win...

No one meant disrespect, no one wanted to hurt anyone, we are all here for assisting.... relax.
Quote from BlueFlame :JESUS CRIST HAVE YOU GUYS NEVER SEEN MEMES BEFORE? I'M MAKING LIGHT OF A SITUATION GOD DAMNIT and you just completely over-react.

Of course, I forgot this

k

this is going to be my first l4s race since the test race. when i flipped on warmup lap. :l

anyway i have some dennis hunting to do
I made a rough copy of my idea.. please excuse the messyness, made in 2 minutes at work.

feel free to edit, it only cost companies 2£ pr. minute to hire me...
Attached files
chicane.pdf - 4.3 KB - 450 views
Dennis do you accept that payment in bananas?
Quote from Bmxtwins :Dennis do you accept that payment in bananas?

I don't accept any kind of payment, when I'm having fun.

you can let me do the layout and help me test it today.
In the last corner there will probaby need to be a tirewall extension. In turn one i dont see a need for anything, seems fine on fxo
Quote from Bmxtwins :In the last corner there will probaby need to be a tirewall extension. In turn one i dont see a need for anything, seems fine on fxo

it's not ok......

last chicane is fine, as you can cut with safety.

first chicane, if you hit it wrong you get sent to the tyre wall on your roof.
Quote from Dennis93 :I don't accept any kind of payment, when I'm having fun.

you can let me do the layout and help me test it today.

Sorry, _i_dont_have_power_at_my_house
"DO U UNDERSTAND?" Lol. Hopefully ill get power back soon
Quote from Bmxtwins :Sorry, i dont have power at my house

ftfy
Quote from Bmxtwins :Sorry, _i_dont_have_power_at_my_house

Well how the **** is Matt charging his iPHONE THEN!?
Quote from BlueFlame :Well how the **** is Matt charging his iPHONE THEN!?

Because we're at our grandmothers :d.
does one have the actual layout since the server decided to restart it self? thx
I hope for rui that he saved it.
Ahhh I hope so... Rui told me to change admin pass and to do that I obviously had to restart the server.

Live For Slicks - Round 3 Race Discussion
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG